The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 2 April 2014, 04:48 AM   #1
adiorandomhero93
2024 Pledge Member

Datejust 160x spring bar questions??

Good afternoon forum,

I currently have a 1601(no holes case) I got a few months ago and it came with spring bars with flanges. I would like to change them out for the correct type.

Would the correct ones be rolex part number 23-9290?

I have been looking here http://www.ofrei.com/page1229.html for generic Swiss made ones from ofrei and I believe their part number is FB-7891

My other question, is there a difference in barrel mm between jubilee and oyster endlinks? Since I have an aftermarket oyster band with oyster endlinks should I buy 2.0mm ones instead of the 1.8? I believe the rolex part number for the 2.0mm is 23-9291. Which would be the best fit?

And here is a dumb question....are the spring bars on the ofrei website priced and sold individually?

Thanks so much I will be glad to get any info and help on this I can

Shane
adiorandomhero93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2014, 07:13 AM   #2
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiorandomhero93 View Post
Good afternoon forum,

I currently have a 1601(no holes case) I got a few months ago and it came with spring bars with flanges. I would like to change them out for the correct type.

Would the correct ones be rolex part number 23-9290?

I have been looking here http://www.ofrei.com/page1229.html for generic Swiss made ones from ofrei and I believe their part number is FB-7891

My other question, is there a difference in barrel mm between jubilee and oyster endlinks? Since I have an aftermarket oyster band with oyster endlinks should I buy 2.0mm ones instead of the 1.8? I believe the rolex part number for the 2.0mm is 23-9291. Which would be the best fit?

And here is a dumb question....are the spring bars on the ofrei website priced and sold individually?

Thanks so much I will be glad to get any info and help on this I can

Shane
The part in bold does not make sense. A 1601 case should have lug holes, and if for some reason it doesn't then you want the spring bars to have flanges or else you will not be able to remove them.

Both jubilee and oyster bracelets use the 1.8mm bars; the 2.0 is for the tool watches that have thicker lugs and end pieces.

If your case does have log holes then the FB-7981 parts would be the correct ones. The parts on the Frei website are for each piece in the quantities indicated (1 - 2, 3 - 11, etc.).

Hope this helps...
Old 2 April 2014, 07:35 AM   #3
adiorandomhero93
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfnla View Post
The part in bold does not make sense. A 1601 case should have lug holes, and if for some reason it doesn't then you want the spring bars to have flanges or else you will not be able to remove them.

Both jubilee and oyster bracelets use the 1.8mm bars; the 2.0 is for the tool watches that have thicker lugs and end pieces.

If your case does have log holes then the FB-7981 parts would be the correct ones. The parts on the Frei website are for each piece in the quantities indicated (1 - 2, 3 - 11, etc.).

Hope this helps...
I'm sorry I don't know why I said no holes case...it does have holes on the side. I have been reading so much stuff I must have just typed that without thinking. Thanks very much for the info I appreciate it,
Shane
Old 2 April 2014, 07:41 AM   #4
adiorandomhero93
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If your case does have log holes then the FB-7981 parts would be the correct ones.
I think you mean FB-7891?

Thanks again,
Shane
Old 2 April 2014, 07:48 AM   #5
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiorandomhero93 View Post
I think you mean FB-7891?

Thanks again,
Shane
Yep; went dyslexic there...
Old 2 April 2014, 07:55 AM   #6
adiorandomhero93
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yep; went dyslexic there...
No problem and thanks again I just wanted to be sure I get the right ones. After looking at so many different sites and researching this numbers are running together for me as well.

Thanks
Shane