The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 January 2019, 12:07 AM   #31
dafuture
"TRF" Member

I'm surprised to hear that. I work nearby and every time I've been in there 2-3 people have approached me asking if I need help. They've always been very friendly in the service department as well (mostly for resizing bracelets).
Old 11 January 2019, 12:33 AM   #32
strettyend
"TRF" Member

If you are still around check out watches of Switzerland in soho.
AP ROC 26315or; AP RO 15450st; Vacheron Fiftysix; Day Date RG 228235 Olive; Daytona YG 116528; Daytona YG Oysterflex 116518; Cartier Santos de Cartier Rose Gold; Panerai PAM 0048; IWC Portofino Chrono; Girard-Perregaux Richeville
strettyend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 12:40 AM   #33
watch81
"TRF" Member

I have been in that store few years ago wearing my casio G shock which was my daily back then, I still got decent treatment, they even showed me some of the watches which were locked up on the wall cases; may have been a busy day for them, sorry to hear that.
watch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 12:52 AM   #34
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I've been in there twice where they were showing me stuff, Glashutte and Nomos. Both times they were exceptionally courteous and knowledgable about their products. They're definitely a candy store for WIS.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 12:54 AM   #35
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
That showed them
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 01:08 AM   #36
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

I used to go there often when I lived in NY and still visit them whenever I’m in the city. Never had a bad experience. Surprised to hear this and I hope your experience is better next time
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 01:14 AM   #37
Daveclock
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing and waiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
One question: what were you doing for 30 minutes?
I wondered that too!!
Maybe they thought he was casing the joint!
Daveclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 01:38 AM   #38
PLNYC
"TRF" Member

Customer service there has been impeccable for me even though i didn't buy anything
Old 11 January 2019, 01:41 AM   #39
Mr. Nicewatch
"TRF" Member

Try watches of Switzerland in soho. Very customer oriented without being over baring
Mr. Nicewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 01:43 AM   #40
JLM3
"TRF" Member

Watch: blusylvx2blnrsmpbb
I have been there a few times on visits to NYC and they have been very nice...sorry you caught them on a bad day
JLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 01:44 AM   #41
bunker338
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
I had just the opposite experience there a few weeks ago. Was greeted politely at the door and asked if I needed any help with anything in particular. When I said I was just browsing they left me alone while I looked around. Had a couple small conversations about no SS Rolex being available anywhere and then left.
bunker338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 01:44 AM   #42
rgnathan
"TRF" Member

I understand that stainless steel Rolex sports models are in short supply, but here is my experience at the 5th Avenue store from a year ago: when I inquired about the 116710LN, the salesman told me it was the most popular model they sell and there were none in the store.
rgnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 01:45 AM   #43
jps3b
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
The Rolex flashship store on 5th is owned/operated by Wempe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll show them!
jps3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 01:45 AM   #44
Amex4711
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52 View Post
The key in customer service industry is acknowledging customers within 30 seconds when they walk into the store. If the staffs can’t even look at you in the eyes and smile or a nod that they acknowledge your presence, they should be fired unless they are tending to another customers. That’s the rule for my business or you go get another job.
Also, the guy wear tank top and flip flop usually tips a lot more than the guy in tuxedo and fancy shoes. Lesson here is treating everyone with the same respect regardless of their appearance. Heck, I always buy new cars and watches in sandals, short and t-shirt.

Old 11 January 2019, 01:48 AM   #45
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAREALTOR View Post
Hi Gents and Ladies...

Had a nice 5 day getaway to NYC and dropped by Wempe on 5th after having some lovely stoagies at Club Macanudo...

I have never walked into a more snobbish and disjointed AD. I was looking to spend 20K or so on a watch. Not one of the 7 people in that damn place even acknowledged my presence! I have my SS YM2 on. After about 30 minutes one of the ladies at the Rolex desk said hello. I let her know that I was planning to buy a watch, but would not be doing so there since I was ignored for 30 minutes.

I'd never give that place my money.

I walked down the street to the flagship store and while there was no selection really, it was a nice experience and some good conversation.
Maybe like everyone else, they thought the SS YM2 was hideous. LOL LOL
I’m only kidding... i own the reference too. Lol.
rolexgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 02:25 AM   #46
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
If you want attention...walk in with a wad of cash

Sorry i couldnt resist using this pic again :) (just found it on my phone)
Now we're talking!
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 02:27 AM   #47
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

I think they are a fantastic AD and have excellent customer service. I work nearby and given that 5th Avenue is a tourist destination, traffic patterns can be very lumpy. Perhaps that causes some of your issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 02:46 AM   #48
t65tampa
"TRF" Member

I'll buy from a snob if they have a watch I want.
Old 11 January 2019, 03:21 AM   #49
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexgiants View Post
Maybe like everyone else, they thought the SS YM2 was hideous. LOL LOL
I’m only kidding... i own the reference too. Lol.
Now I am really
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 04:04 AM   #50
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Who cares...

If they have the watch you want, tell somebody you want to buy it, pay for it and get out of the store...simple as that.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 04:18 AM   #51
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Hi Gents and Ladies...

Had a nice 5 day getaway to NYC and dropped by Wempe on 5th after having some lovely stoagies at Club Macanudo...

I have never walked into a more snobbish and disjointed AD. I was looking to spend 20K or so on a watch. Not one of the 7 people in that damn place even acknowledged my presence! I have my SS YM2 on. After about 30 minutes one of the ladies at the Rolex desk said hello. I let her know that I was planning to buy a watch, but would not be doing so there since I was ignored for 30 minutes.

I'd never give that place my money.

I walked down the street to the flagship store and while there was no selection really, it was a nice experience and some good conversation.
Sorry to hear this. I always pop in there when I'm visiting The City, and the staff there have always been lovely. I hope you'll think about giving them another chance some day.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 04:50 AM   #52
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I've been treated well at both Wempe and Tourneau in NYC, even though I bought nothing.

I was in the Armani store (I think) around there, looking at $350 shirts (on sale) and the salesman noticed my watch and started chatting me up. He had a GMT. I left thinking, how much freakin' commission does that guy make that he can afford a Rolex GMT?

I didn't buy the shirt.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 05:29 PM   #53
LAREALTOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SeaDweller 43, YM2
Jesus Chrsit...yes I realize they are the same store. Sorry if my wording was confusing. The "flagship" one that has Rolex solely prominently displayed was a night and day experience from the location that is WEMPE and has Patek and Panerai and others.

Look im not from a small town. I have a solid relationship with the largest AD in Southern California and I have observed how they treat EVERYONE who walks in.

Shit, I work in real estate sales and some of my biggest deals have come because I give the causal open house wanderer full attention and follow up and low and behold they come from wealth!

Also, there was nobody else in the store. It was a 7 to 1 ratio of salespersons to me.

I expected at least a "Hi, sir, is there something we can help you with?" "We don't have any of the stainless professional models in Rolex in stock of course, but is there some specific type of piece you are looking for? Perhaps I can show you some comparable pieces in other brands?"
LAREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 05:50 PM   #54
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Is it necessary to cuss to get your point across ?
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 06:08 PM   #55
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Jesus Chrsit...yes I realize they are the same store. Sorry if my wording was confusing. The "flagship" one that has Rolex solely prominently displayed was a night and day experience from the location that is WEMPE and has Patek and Panerai and others.

Look im not from a small town. I have a solid relationship with the largest AD in Southern California and I have observed how they treat EVERYONE who walks in.

Shit, I work in real estate sales and some of my biggest deals have come because I give the causal open house wanderer full attention and follow up and low and behold they come from wealth!

Also, there was nobody else in the store. It was a 7 to 1 ratio of salespersons to me.

I expected at least a "Hi, sir, is there something we can help you with?" "We don't have any of the stainless professional models in Rolex in stock of course, but is there some specific type of piece you are looking for? Perhaps I can show you some comparable pieces in other brands?"
bottom line is everyone has different expectations

I like to not be bothered until i ask for help. So salesman following me around or trying to chat me up before im ready is annoying. More often than not, i have to stop them and say, "ill find you when im ready" or something to that effect.

Saying we dont have any SS watches to sell "you" offends many people as evidence by numerous threads.

Trying to sell you other brands when that isnt what you want, but that is what they have, also can upset people

people get offended by everything, so you cant really win. I think you are reading a lot into their actions. You referenced customers "coming from wealth" in your business and to never assume someone isnt wealthy, and your reference to wearing your YMII and not getting noticed, so i am assuming you are more upset on them not picking up on your economic status than anything and them not saying anything was somehow them assuming you couldn't buy something anyway.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 06:24 PM   #56
LAREALTOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SeaDweller 43, YM2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Is it necessary to cuss to get your point across ?
Well...guess it depends on what one considers to be "cussing."
LAREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 06:35 PM   #57
edyu
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Who cares...

If they have the watch you want, tell somebody you want to buy it, pay for it and get out of the store...simple as that.

This.
edyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 11:27 PM   #58
rolexryan329
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I had a wonderful experience there back in dec 16. They buzzed me in and held the door for me. I assume bc of all the tourists at trump tower next door (this was when he was president elect). One man asked what I was looking for and when I said I was only looking as I wanted to compare sub no date to date, they sat me down (literally walked me to the seat and pulled out the chair for me) and Vicky pulled out a ND from the back. She let me handle it for 5 minutes knowing I wouldn’t be purchasing on the spot. She talked it up for me and gave me a few minutes to examine it. I told her thanks, she gave me her card and I was on my way. What a pleasant experience. I’m sorry to hear yours wasn’t as good
rolexryan329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2019, 01:48 AM   #59
Mikel212
"TRF" Member

Amazing service when I go there.

I dont expect nor do I want the "red carpet" treatment. Maybe different if I was in a hurry to spend $20k

Hard for salespeople to read your mind. I don't like it when salespeople flock all over a customer.

Perfect experience is when you walk-in, you have a few minutes to browse, then make eye contact with a salesperson who can assist if you have any questions. They shouldn't disregard your presence either. Not an easy line for them to walk on.

The whole t-shirt, flip-flops, and shorts thing is kind of silly. If you want to be treated with respect, you have to somewhat look the part. To be able to shock a sales rep when you reach for $20k in your swim trunks is satisfaction for the buyer more than the salesperson. Are we trying to reenact Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.
Mikel212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2019, 02:55 AM   #60
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel212 View Post
Amazing service when I go there.

I dont expect nor do I want the "red carpet" treatment. Maybe different if I was in a hurry to spend $20k

Hard for salespeople to read your mind. I don't like it when salespeople flock all over a customer.

Perfect experience is when you walk-in, you have a few minutes to browse, then make eye contact with a salesperson who can assist if you have any questions. They shouldn't disregard your presence either. Not an easy line for them to walk on.

The whole t-shirt, flip-flops, and shorts thing is kind of silly. If you want to be treated with respect, you have to somewhat look the part. To be able to shock a sales rep when you reach for $20k in your swim trunks is satisfaction for the buyer more than the salesperson. Are we trying to reenact Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.
I guess it depends where one is. In Florida it doesn't matter what one wears.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote