The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 June 2018, 03:11 PM   #1
iorio52
"TRF" Member

Rookie looking for help

Please excuse my ignorance, but I’m looking for some help and don’t want to offend anyone. I’ve been wanting my first Rolex for quite a while now and I would like to get a pre-owned 116660 in either black or d-blue. I see a few listed in the “for sale” section and on eBay.

How do I figure out who the trusted sellers are on here without offending anyone? Is the number of posts on their profile the only measuring stick?

Is Sant Blanc a trusted seller on eBay?

Is there any particular reason to want a random serial vs a G, etc...?

Like I said, I’m a novice but want to join the club so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
iorio52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 03:41 PM   #2
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iorio52 View Post
Please excuse my ignorance, but I’m looking for some help and don’t want to offend anyone. I’ve been wanting my first Rolex for quite a while now and I would like to get a pre-owned 116660 in either black or d-blue. I see a few listed in the “for sale” section and on eBay.

How do I figure out who the trusted sellers are on here without offending anyone? Is the number of posts on their profile the only measuring stick?

Like I said, I’m a novice but want to join the club so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Welcome aboard. Take your time, search TRF, and read the reviews under the “who’s who” subforum for known sellers.
Also, I’d try to stay away from eBay on a “big ticket” item, such as a ROLEX.
Good luck finding your first.
Old 17 June 2018, 05:10 PM   #3
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

OP
You posted on the wrong forum. Ask admin to move this to the proper forum so you get some responses you want.

This forum is for problems with sales and fakes.

Edit: Stay off Ebay.

Anyway, OP, take a look at this search results, for example SohAIS is one of the trusted resellers, just did a deal with him, 100%.
https://www.rolexforums.com/search.p...rchid=20239050
BillA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 09:56 PM   #4
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

you will have to do your own search
Old 17 June 2018, 11:03 PM   #5
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:

You can do your own homework. But some of the most well established sellers here are DavidSW, JustRolexes, Takuya, OCRolexguy, SohAIS. There are others, but these are 5 that have a long history here. I have personally done a transaction with JustRolexes and Tony was fantastic.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 05:39 AM   #6
cajunron
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Quote:

-If you find a particular watch you like in the classifieds here, then go to the "Who's who" section and check their feedback. Proven members here are extremely trustworthy. I bought my first high end timepiece here after due diligence and had no problems whatsoever. Losing $4K to a scammer would have been DEVASTATING for me.
-Sant Blanc is a trusted seller with a brick and mortar store.
-Different serial numbers could mean different times of manufacture, but no one knows for sure when a certain watch was made. It might also mean different upgrades to the watch as its manufacture was developed over a period of time.
-Everyone starts out as a novice. Only time and commitment can change that.
Good luck.
Old 18 June 2018, 07:57 AM   #7
iorio52
"TRF" Member

Thank you to everyone that took the time to respond to me. All of your feedback will certainly help get me started in my search. Happy Father’s Day to all of the fathers on here!
Old 18 June 2018, 08:03 AM   #8
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

OP
here ya go, your search is over:
https://www.aiswatches.com/product-p...l-complete-set
Old 18 June 2018, 09:04 AM   #9
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
OP
here ya go, your search is over:
https://www.aiswatches.com/product-p...l-complete-set
I'd say the days of waiting for your new eyeglasses exam are over........as that's clearly not the model OP is looking for
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 09:28 AM   #10
KLEJNOT_NILU
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
OP
here ya go, your search is over
He wanted a pre-owned Deep Sea
KLEJNOT_NILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 09:40 AM   #11
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

O! I got the digits confused.
Old 18 June 2018, 10:47 AM   #12
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

What about this:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ghlight=116660
Old 18 June 2018, 10:49 AM   #13
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I'd say the days of waiting for your new eyeglasses exam are over........as that's clearly not the model OP is looking for
Old 18 June 2018, 03:50 PM   #14
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
You can do your own homework. But some of the most well established sellers here are DavidSW, JustRolexes, Takuya, OCRolexguy, SohAIS. There are others, but these are 5 that have a long history here. I have personally done a transaction with JustRolexes and Tony was fantastic.

Listen to this wise man. Try to avoid the unknown ones unless they take credit card. If you bank wire money you’ll be at a high risk of losing all if seller decides to send you an empty box. And you’ll be screwed. It’s going to be a battle of he said she said in court.

Good luck.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 04:48 PM   #15
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
Listen to this wise man. Try to avoid the unknown ones unless they take credit card. If you bank wire money you’ll be at a high risk of losing all if seller decides to send you an empty box. And you’ll be screwed. It’s going to be a battle of he said she said in court.

Good luck.
This guy learned something from the other thread
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 12:16 PM   #16
iorio52
"TRF" Member

I found a local seller that is willling to meet me at our local AD to prove the authenticity. Is this something the AD can do at a quick glance or will they need to open it up to check the movement? It’s a complete set, including the original sales receipt, but I want to be 100 percent positive. I will post pics as soon as I’m permitted.
Old 21 June 2018, 01:34 PM   #17
rolehex
2024 Pledge Member

Doubt you could find an AD that would be willing to authenticate because they wouldn't want to be held responsible if it later turns out to be fake or a Frankenstein. And they won't open up a watch. Especially a Deepsea.

Post pics here as soon as you can.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 01:48 PM   #18
iorio52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolehex View Post
Doubt you could find an AD that would be willing to authenticate because they wouldn't want to be held responsible if it later turns out to be fake or a Frankenstein. And they won't open up a watch. Especially a Deepsea.

Post pics here as soon as you can.

Will do, thanks for your quick response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 June 2018, 03:08 PM   #19
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
I’ve dealt with DavidSW and he’s top tier. Brisk, businesslike, completely honest and does everything he says he’ll do. I recommend him without reservation. The others mentioned here all have sterling reputations here. I’d start with these trusted sellers and stay away from EBay or amazon.

Welcome! And good luck! As others have said, these marvelous machines I’ll outlive all of us. So take your time.
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 10:51 PM   #20
iorio52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstan9 View Post
I’ve dealt with DavidSW and he’s top tier. Brisk, businesslike, completely honest and does everything he says he’ll do. I recommend him without reservation. The others mentioned here all have sterling reputations here. I’d start with these trusted sellers and stay away from EBay or amazon.

Welcome! And good luck! As others have said, these marvelous machines I’ll outlive all of us. So take your time.

Thank you for your feedback!

Old 22 June 2018, 12:16 AM   #21
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
I have purchased many pieces from $10000 to 35000 from dealers, and individual sellers on EBay, from Rolex Forum and Ebay, 5 PP’s, 2 Audemars, 2 Vacheron’s and several Rolexes. I will not send wire - will use Pay Pal or Trusted Seller w my AMX. Absolute minimum is AMX. I don’t care if the seller is the pope- I must have protection. I did get a phoney Patek one time - simply had local dealer document it sent complaint to PP and they immediately refunded my money. If that hadn’t worked I would have disputed the charge - real simple . For me this is the real way to protect yourself and the only way I will buy.
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 03:33 AM   #22
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

Quote:
they are over priced on Ebay, real jewelry store but way overpriced. Remember that Ebay takes a big fee so usually the watches are more expensive on there.

I used https://certifiedluxurywatches.com , deal with Anthony Rinaldi the CEO and it was awesome. First Rolex, , he was very patient and super informative, got a great deal for my 16710, couldn't recommend his business enough.
Give them a try, they are awesome!
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 12:24 PM   #23
iorio52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
I have purchased many pieces from $10000 to 35000 from dealers, and individual sellers on EBay, from Rolex Forum and Ebay, 5 PP’s, 2 Audemars, 2 Vacheron’s and several Rolexes. I will not send wire - will use Pay Pal or Trusted Seller w my AMX. Absolute minimum is AMX. I don’t care if the seller is the pope- I must have protection. I did get a phoney Patek one time - simply had local dealer document it sent complaint to PP and they immediately refunded my money. If that hadn’t worked I would have disputed the charge - real simple . For me this is the real way to protect yourself and the only way I will buy.

Great advice. When I first started doing my research, it surprised me to see how many buyers wire the money. Sounds like you have an amazing collection! Thanks

Old 22 June 2018, 12:26 PM   #24
iorio52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtecko View Post
they are over priced on Ebay, real jewelry store but way overpriced. Remember that Ebay takes a big fee so usually the watches are more expensive on there.

I used https://certifiedluxurywatches.com , deal with Anthony Rinaldi the CEO and it was awesome. First Rolex, , he was very patient and super informative, got a great deal for my 16710, couldn't recommend his business enough.

Give them a try, they are awesome!

Thanks for the info! He does have a 116660 listed on their for a great price but no box or papers with it. How much would you let this deter you? I’m having trouble getting past it, even though it would probably never see the box again anyway.

Old 22 June 2018, 09:47 PM   #25
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info! He does have a 116660 listed on their for a great price but no box or papers with it. How much would you let this deter you? I’m having trouble getting past it, even though it would probably never see the box again anyway. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so I can tell you that this was my first rolex, I did get it with box and papers because I wanted a full set, thinking I would maybe sell it later and it will have more value but to be honest, the box is seating the closet with the paper, I seen them once since I got the delivery ... if you plan on keeping the watch for yourself or passing it down to your kids, its irrelevant. It does hinder the price a bit but his watches are 100% genuine and he backs them up with 4year warranty.
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 04:16 PM   #26
Mgroux
"TRF" Member

Newbie also looking to contact the trusted sellers

Hi everyone. I'm also new to the forums. I was having trouble finding out how to locate and contact the trusted sellers here. Where on the site do I go to find them? Thank you.
Mgroux is offline   Reply With Quote