The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 May 2018, 02:16 PM   #61
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Van Driver View Post
This is actually quite thought provoking. I think one would actually be less smelly if one fudged one’s own Alan’s as opposed to just sitting in it because there would be a barrier, albeit a layer or two of fabric, between the offending substance and the outside world. If one were to simply sit in a pile of ‘it’ then it’s all out in the open.

Thinking this through some more, if one were to sit in a pile of do-do would the smell disappear relatively quickly because of the ventilation effect of it being out in the open as opposed to barriered between one’s derrière and Alan’s/pants or combination thereof?

What if the offending pooper was wearing Depends inside his Alan’s? Would that completely mask the odour?

I have a headache now.
Astute analysis. In retrospect, my use of the word "smelly" was not quite on the nose, no pun intended. Rather, I was getting at which scenario would be more revolting. While both are plenty vile, it seems to me that crapping one's own pants ups the repulsion factor. (I'm exempting those individuals with some health condition that leaves them at risk for self-soiling.)
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 05:38 PM   #62
sager
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
To hell with an Apple watch plain and simple. Do not want.

If I go to another meeting and see a bunch of morons constantly looking down at their "smart watch" I'm going to explode.

B

Yup, have to agree with you on that one. Seems to be happening in all meetings these days.
sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 05:50 PM   #63
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Van Driver View Post
This is actually quite thought provoking. I think one would actually be less smelly if one fudged one’s own Alan’s as opposed to just sitting in it because there would be a barrier, albeit a layer or two of fabric, between the offending substance and the outside world. If one were to simply sit in a pile of ‘it’ then it’s all out in the open.

Thinking this through some more, if one were to sit in a pile of do-do would the smell disappear relatively quickly because of the ventilation effect of it being out in the open as opposed to barriered between one’s derrière and Alan’s/pants or combination thereof?

What if the offending pooper was wearing Depends inside his Alan’s? Would that completely mask the odour?

I have a headache now.
It being a hot day could also be a factor in odor dissipation when fouling oneself or sitting atop a pile of fudge.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 05:51 PM   #64
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 05:53 PM   #65
sager
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post

That seriously cracked up!!
sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 05:54 PM   #66
MJ8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
No
MJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 06:30 PM   #67
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Astute analysis. In retrospect, my use of the word "smelly" was not quite on the nose, no pun intended. Rather, I was getting at which scenario would be more revolting. While both are plenty vile, it seems to me that crapping one's own pants ups the repulsion factor. (I'm exempting those individuals with some health condition that leaves them at risk for self-soiling.)
I actually considered this further on the plane (we’ve just arrived at our hotel in Phnom Penh for a week’s holiday) and I think the smell would also be less if either of the offending acts were committed accidentally. Think about it for a minute; if you unintentionally step in, sit on, handle, etc. something that you really don’t want to, then a natural reflex reaction kicks in. At least that’s what I find in my own experience, anyway. Walking my dog over a local park a few years ago, I half trod in a pile of partially concealed dog’s eggs that an inconsiderate owner failed to pick up. As soon as confirmed contact was made with the offending substance, I quickly withdrew my foot thus preventing total immersion of my sole. This, in turn, led to me being able to ‘clean’ my boot just by walking through the grass, admittedly for a protracted period, as oppposed to having to gouge it out with a stick.

Similarly, if one accidentally fudged one’s Alan Whicker’s, the removal of the soiled garments and subsequent ablutions would be expedited.

In both of the above cases, given the lesser amount of contact the smell could be substantially reduced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
It being a hot day could also be a factor in odor dissipation when fouling oneself or sitting atop a pile of fudge.
Possibly, but we would also need to consider humidity and relative wind strength and direction.

Even something as potentially insignificant as a fart could also have serious consequences. To wit: it could equally disperse the smell if said fart was odourless. However, in the event that it was of a full bouquet and, in particular, from an alternative source to the offending substance, could significantly exacerbate the odour.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 07:13 PM   #68
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I only see JacksonStone's posts when they are quoted.

......Unfortunately.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 07:30 PM   #69
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I only see JacksonStone's posts when they are quoted.

......Unfortunately.
Unfortunately in that you don't see them more often, or unfortunately in that you have to see them at all?
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 07:32 PM   #70
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Unfortunately in that you don't see them more often, or unfortunately in that you have to see them at all?
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2018, 12:02 AM   #71
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
You’ve got two wrists, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 05:00 PM   #72
skkali168
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116689

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
skkali168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 03:45 AM   #73
Nandor
"TRF" Member

For me the Apple watch is like my laptop. I wear it to work that is it. Nice watches after work / weekends.
Nandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 03:52 AM   #74
jvd99
"TRF" Member

That's just fugly
jvd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 04:34 AM   #75
Flier
Banned

Watch: ROLEX
I am only here for the comments
Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 04:55 AM   #76
Donaldkrama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
If you wear apple watch, then no need to wear Rolex? Apple watch displays the time, so then also wearing your Rolex too would seem pretentious to me. (Hey, I've got a Rolex too! sort of thing)
Donaldkrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 01:23 PM   #77
RedwinGV
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smstr 600m BigBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
I'll stick with my Flex 2 bracelet on my dominant hand and a watch on the other. That works quite well. One is a bracelet and the other a watch. Not nerdy and it does what I need it to. I don't need the redundancy for a cell. I just need something water proof to collect fitness data.
I kind of have a similar issue. However, on warmer days (short sleeve) I end up putting my fitbit on a clip and attach it to my pants or just throw it in my pocket. I have to give up the pulse readings/sleep monitoring functions. I know no other solution.. maybe wearing it on my opposite wrist all the time isn't that bad, but I just can't bring myself to it- unless I'm wearing that long sleeve shirt.

Ahhh, the dilemma of technology.
Old 25 June 2018, 04:01 PM   #78
cajerseyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: me find "the one"
Quote:
Originally Posted by siempreko View Post
Even after reading your comment, I looked... Why did I look?

How can I unsee that?

Lol, Me too! OH MAN! Make it stop!

Old 25 June 2018, 05:53 PM   #79
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
I'll be glad when these end up on the heap with pagers, stepometers 80s computers and all the other outdated next to useless stuff that people can't imagine ever buying anymore.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 06:03 PM   #80
Soultime
"TRF" Member

I don't get the point of smart watches really (if you already have a phone) except for some fitness related activities.
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote