The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 June 2018, 03:48 AM   #1
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Icon10 Anyone Move to a Day Date 40 from a Sub or other Rolex Sport Model?

I also asked on the day date club thread but I felt like those folks might not have fitment issues

Thinking about coming over as I am infactuated with the RG 40, but wonder if I’ll have issue without having the adjustability

Anyone add a DD or move to a DD from Sports Model?

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 04:08 AM   #2
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Unfortunately, the fit for the DD is hit or miss, as there isn't any micro adjustment. I was lucky, as it fit me perfectly, but YMMV.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 11:50 PM   #3
ppbskis
"TRF" Member

Sub was my first Rolex purchased 1985, addded a TT Dj for dressier occasions . Then came the DD40, followed by the Daytona. I have no issues wearing any except the DJ is a size 36 and seems smaller the first few minutes wearing. I’ve been lucky in that the watches fit perfectly with all the links on my wrist.
ppbskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 12:06 AM   #4
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Added a DD40, but not instead of a Sub. I got pretty lucky with the fit (6.5 inch wrist) it’s a hair, I mean barely, more loose than I wear my others, and being PM, definitely feel the weight moving around a bit. I generally wear them somewhat loose anyway, as I tend to shake them down to the bottom (near my hand) for the most comfort...for me. I could go the other way and wear a little more snug but it doesn’t feel right for me. The only One I wear somewhat snug is the OF Daytona.
But, no way would I ...NOT HAVE IT, beacause it’s a tiny bit tight or loose! Love the YG DD40
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 12:51 AM   #5
Andrew NYC
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

I have 3 sport models (sub 16620, BLNR and SD43) as well as a 36mm Day-Date. I too got a good fit with a few links taken out. That said the Rolex Boutique told me hat a half link could be ordered if the fit wasn’t perfect. I love the DD bracelet. Without an external buckle it feels more svelte on the wrist. Do give it a try and see what you think.
Andrew NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 01:28 AM   #6
mysticblu999
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
I have a 116610 and a 18238, I will eventually part ways with the 18238 for a DD40. I find the president bracelet a hit or miss also. I have it sized great for the most part, except when I go outside in the summer and a swell up, it gets a little too tight. I tried adding a link. When my wrist swells it fits great, but the other times, it's just too sloppy. I love the micro adjustments from the glidelock clasp from the 116610. Wish you could get a half a link to add to the president bracelet, then it would be perfect.
Old 24 June 2018, 02:18 AM   #7
Vipes
"TRF" Member

I added a DD40 to my Rolex collection. I was really worried about the fit but I lucked out and got a perfect fit. I think the President links are smaller than the Oyster links so I think this helps with fit. Have to say the President bracelet is very comfortable.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 02:23 AM   #8
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Unfortunately, the fit for the DD is hit or miss, as there isn't any micro adjustment. I was lucky, as it fit me perfectly, but YMMV.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 03:22 AM   #9
Jp28
"TRF" Member

I think the DD is an add not a trade.
Fit can always be sorted with half links etc, it’s just the adjustability if it is extra hot etc that you do not have.
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 03:24 AM   #10
Wing-Co
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date 40mm WG
Got rid of YMII and DSSD for DD40. No problems, feels much better than either of the others.
Wing-Co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 03:35 AM   #11
Pimpsy
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5712/1A
I actually found the lack of adjustment on my DD2 annoying after being totally spoiled by the DSSD clasp. Even my bluesy clasp was not as nice as the DSSD. I ended up wearing the DD2 a little bit loose but I'm still surprised that Rolex hasn't introduced some sort of micro adjustment clasp on the DD40.

That said, I have always found Rolex bracelets to be very comfortable when sized properly.
Pimpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 03:50 AM   #12
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

I just don't like the 40mm.. I think the DD has to be 36.

watchtabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 04:50 AM   #13
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
I also asked on the day date club thread but I felt like those folks might not have fitment issues

Thinking about coming over as I am infactuated with the RG 40, but wonder if I’ll have issue without having the adjustability

Anyone add a DD or move to a DD from Sports Model?

I just added the RG DD 40 and absolutely love it. My daily is still the SD43 and also love my ROO 44 and find they all feel and fit perfectly. I generally like larger watches but the DD40 is just perfect but I guess that will vary from person to person on their body / wrist size and personal fit preference.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote