The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 June 2018, 05:01 AM   #1
Retrop
"TRF" Member

Submariner 114060

Hi everyone, This is my first ever post and I would really appreciate your opinion/advice.
I currently own a couple of watches I’m not a collector although I would be if my funds would allow it, but might ultimate watch (for a long time) is the submariner 114060. After a number of years window shopping I’m now in the financial position to buy one.
Just for my own peace of mind I want to buy it from an AD, and although I’m on 4 waiting lists I get the impression that I’m not being taken seriously.
I have been into one particular AD and had a good conversation with them and they’ve advised me about 6 months. Is this the norm ?
I’m just apprehensive about the possibility of 6 months coming and going and still nothing
Retrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 05:04 AM   #2
CoyoteZak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrop View Post
Hi everyone, This is my first ever post and I would really appreciate your opinion/advice.
I currently own a couple of watches I’m not a collector although I would be if my funds would allow it, but might ultimate watch (for a long time) is the submariner 114060. After a number of years window shopping I’m now in the financial position to buy one.
Just for my own peace of mind I want to buy it from an AD, and although I’m on 4 waiting lists I get the impression that I’m not being taken seriously.
I have been into one particular AD and had a good conversation with them and they’ve advised me about 6 months. Is this the norm ?
I’m just apprehensive about the possibility of 6 months coming and going and still nothing
They don't know for sure but their estimate is as good or better than any of us could give, every AD is different.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
CoyoteZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 05:21 AM   #3
ikincooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Welcome to the forum and congrats on being ready to acquire your first Rolex-I remember being very excited when in your shoes and a 114060 was my first also!

6 months seems about average across the UK at present, however I’m sure if you spend a bit of time on here/branch out to a few more ADs you may well get one sooner.

Based on my limited experience (2 x UK new Rolex purchases over the past 18 months; the Sub and a BLNR both from different ADs) I’d say keep in regular contact with the ADs that you’re on lists at. Ideally go in, in person but also occasional emails and calls would help keep your place on the list.

Once again congrats on being in the situation that you’re in and look forward to seeing incoming photos in due course.

Regards, Niki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ikincooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 05:26 AM   #4
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Is Warrington in the UK? This sounds like UK market conditions right now.

I recommend choosing the AD you would prefer to work with (if you have a favorite), find out who there has some management authority, and then ask that person if there is anything you can offer in exchange for expedition of delivery to you. For example, you could offer to pay in full for the watch right now if they will let you have the next one to arrive. Not sure what else you could offer in exchange for expedited delivery, but I guess it can't hurt to have the conversation. At the very least, they may feel more confident about dialing your number when the next shipment arrives if they think you'll show up right away with payment.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 05:42 AM   #5
Woody
"TRF" Member

I think six months is a good result. Since Lepps closed in Warrington I have switched loyalty to DM Robinson in Liverpool. If you ask for "Alex" who is one of their senior sales personnel then I am sure that he will be able to help you - if you would like his contact details then just send me a PM. The 114060 is a great watch and probably my favourite of the current diver range.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 06:18 AM   #6
turnleftgofast
"TRF" Member

Sounds about right, but it does vary wildly. Some ADs have quoted me 3 years for a SubND which is at the very poor end. Will probably be quicker than quoted in actuality, as people drop out of the list. Can’t hurt to call more ADs in the meantime (albeit careful not to sign up to multiple Aurum group dealers).

Congrats on this exciting stage in your collecting career
turnleftgofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 06:31 AM   #7
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
I got mine in 6 weeks. I was on 4 wait lists. All of them told me it could be as much as 6 months.

6 weeks later I got call and bought it that day. Very next day I got a call from another AD, but it was too late.

So in 6 weeks I got called by 2 separate ADs saying they had one in stock for me.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 07:18 AM   #8
Toby1E
"TRF" Member

I suspect you’ve already spoken to them, although M&W Chester were brilliant. Got my SubC date 2 months after calling them.

Called another branch a week before I got ‘the’ call and was told I’d need to come in and would likely be looking at 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toby1E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 07:47 AM   #9
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
114060 is a great choice!
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 09:55 AM   #10
Steven79
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
i waited 2 weeks from my AD here in USA. just bought it a few weeks ago. love it. good luck!
Steven79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 10:01 AM   #11
Derkuhlmann
"TRF" Member

This doesn’t answer your question but just one year ago in my state basically every ad had one in stock or could get one in a week tops. I even get reasonable discount about a year ago. Crazy how this market has shifted in so little time. Interesting to follow if this is a blip or how it is going to be from now on.

Anyway, good luck, the 114060 is my favorite all around Rolex.
Derkuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 02:07 PM   #12
nikesupremedunk
"TRF" Member

Sounds like this is the new norm whether you’re in the US or UK. Good thing you are looking for the no date, which seems to have the shortest wait out of the other sport models.
Old 24 June 2018, 04:31 AM   #13
Retrop
"TRF" Member

Guys I really appreciate all the advice and taking the time to give it.
I’ve sent a fair few emails but like you said I think they take you more seriously if you actually go into the dealer.
I went into DMR in Manchester and spoke to a great guy called Craig who seemed to take me seriously and have messaged him once a few times since to keep fresh in his memory.
I would definitely consider speaking to somebody else from DMR if you think I may have more of a chance but do you think it would be underhand to do such a thing ?
Old 24 June 2018, 05:03 AM   #14
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
It's tight right now. I'd try your local ADs, if you have more than one and feel them out and whichever one you seem more comfortable with then I'd ask if you can pay in full or leave a substantial deposit. You have to be likeable and aggressive it seems when you want something hot right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 05:21 AM   #15
Time666
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Exp, AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby1E View Post
I suspect you’ve already spoken to them, although M&W Chester were brilliant. Got my SubC date 2 months after calling them.

Called another branch a week before I got ‘the’ call and was told I’d need to come in and would likely be looking at 2 years.
I’d second Mappin Chester, out of the main bigger cities and they are good to deal with. Got my submariner from them too. I asked today about current delivery times and they indicated that the non dates are coming in now and 3 month estimated waiting time.

Suggest whoever you go with just keep dropping by and keeping yourself on their radar.
Old 24 June 2018, 05:39 AM   #16
Retrop
"TRF" Member

That’s a great heads up regarding M & W in Chester that news about your visit today sounds very encouraging and definitely worth a visit. This information is much more helpful than what I’ve found so far on the internet
Old 24 June 2018, 06:38 AM   #17
Time666
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Exp, AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrop View Post
That’s a great heads up regarding M & W in Chester that news about your visit today sounds very encouraging and definitely worth a visit. This information is much more helpful than what I’ve found so far on the internet
Worth dropping by for sure. See speak to Alex, he has the same watch too. A great choice by the way. I love the sub so symmetrical and balanced, it would 100% be my only watch if I had to reduce down to 1 watch.