The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 13 March 2024, 10:27 PM   #151
TikTok
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysw View Post
And ingenuir seems to be availabe in WoS london (per their online stock checker), so I will see if I can try it on (I dont live in London, so bit of pain) and decide if it is worth the price.
If you're in London try the IWC flagship store in Bond St. bought my 3 from there and have nothing but good things to say about them.
The same to say about the Grand Seiko boutique.
Old 13 March 2024, 10:56 PM   #152
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Seems as if they have lifted the "boutique-only" restriction?
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 04:10 AM   #153
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
A word in support of the new IWC Ingenieur

I bought the Aqua Ingenieur in August last year.
When the watch was released at Watches and Wonders 2023 I was really impressed with the new IWC Ingenieur. Checked the black, white and aqua dial variants out at different boutiques and picked the bluegreen one and after a wait of 2 months I got the call.

I am very pleased with the watch. Execution is very good. Not on par with AP or Patek, but well above Rolex or Omega. Especially the vibrant dial and the beautiful finished bracelet makes me smile when wearing it.

Last month I was able to try on the Ti version as well. That smoke grey dial is gorgeous and is a perfect combo with the metal used.

That seventies Genta design vibe catched me.
Credit to IWC, I am not easily swooped away, but I had to catch this Ingenieur.
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 05:27 AM   #154
Hadiy
Banned

My friend got the IWC Ingenieur with gray dial in titanium it was one of the most beautiful piece i set my eyes on and i'm thinking of owning one soon
Hadiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 03:31 PM   #155
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Can you expand more on the Overseas and Ingenieur comparison? I am debating between the two in my future purchase. I also have a RO so have seen the quality of top-tier finishing.

I know the Overseas have good case finishing, but is it so in your face compared to the Ingy.
Well I pulled the trigger on a pre-owned black dial Ingy so I'll probably have more comments on this comparison after the watch gets delivered.

But based on my ownership of the VCO and recent tryout of the Ingy... The Ingy is definitely more muted. I have the 4520v which is very so thinner and bracelet/straps taper more, so I think this watch wears like a true 41mm now. The Ingy felt like a 39mm watch. More subdued case/bracelet design elements as well.

I always felt like the RO was the most "in your face" flashy watch in this category, so considering you already have it not sure if the VCO would really make sense. Also just in terms of collection strategy it seems like you should add the Ingy and then later the Nautilus so you have the Genta trio of this type of design, haha.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2024, 04:09 AM   #156
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Just got the black dial in. I'll try to take some pics later after I size it up. Having it in hand again kinda reaffirms my initial thoughts on it, maybe enhances them. Design is extremely subjective, but this is definitely a better looking/designed watch than my Overseas. I dare say this is the best looking integrated bracelet watch I've seen yet because it manages to be somewhat subdued (IB watches have a really hard time with this imo) and yet it's also distinctively Genta.

And also very different than most IB watches, it manages to look/wear a tad more compact than its measurements would suggest, with terrific proportions.

Since this is a Rolex forum, I will say the watch is almost Rolex-like in the way it melds together design, size, proportion, and ergonomics. These are elements that imo IB watches tend to struggle with to meld together.

Looking forward to posting more thoughts in the coming days as I wear it around a bit.
Old 16 March 2024, 04:21 AM   #157
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Is the Ti one showing up at AD instead of boutiques?
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2024, 05:10 PM   #158
dr.ns23
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark knight View Post
Just got the black dial in. I'll try to take some pics later after I size it up. Having it in hand again kinda reaffirms my initial thoughts on it, maybe enhances them. Design is extremely subjective, but this is definitely a better looking/designed watch than my Overseas. I dare say this is the best looking integrated bracelet watch I've seen yet because it manages to be somewhat subdued (IB watches have a really hard time with this imo) and yet it's also distinctively Genta.

And also very different than most IB watches, it manages to look/wear a tad more compact than its measurements would suggest, with terrific proportions.

Since this is a Rolex forum, I will say the watch is almost Rolex-like in the way it melds together design, size, proportion, and ergonomics. These are elements that imo IB watches tend to struggle with to meld together.

Looking forward to posting more thoughts in the coming days as I wear it around a bit.
Congratulations and wear it in great health! Keep us posted. I am sure the more you wear it, the more you will love it…
Old 17 March 2024, 10:05 AM   #159
rockysw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_91 View Post
Seems as if they have lifted the "boutique-only" restriction?
Yes, it is popping up with ADs. I was quite surprised to see one on WOS website but then I thought they are really big dealers but now they have it available with others as well. And what is more surprising is that white and black ones are available to buy online.

https://www.berrysjewellers.co.uk/co.../iwc-ingenieur
rockysw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 12:40 PM   #160
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

A couple of more thoughts after wearing for a while. There are two slightly larger links (1.3x?) that helps dial in a good fit. I was able to get a good fit at the time of sizing, but still miss a microadjust due to fluctuating wrist size throughout the day. Thankfully sizing is very easy due to the link removal system built into the bracelet.

Also, the bracelet was very easy to remove and re-install, pretty much the same as a "normal" watch, just smaller springbars. I hope IWC and/or a 3rd party comes out with some straps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6226.jpg (195.4 KB, 179 views)
Old 20 March 2024, 10:19 PM   #161
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote