The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 4 September 2010, 04:11 PM   #1
william21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega PO 2201.50
BobsWatches.com

Any word on Bobswatches.com? Their prices are really cheap and I have a feeling that they aren't reputable at all? I also think their website is relatively new as well.

Anyone have any information pertaining to bobswatches.com ?
william21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2010, 05:09 PM   #2
dieseldragon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω & ♛
there was quite a long thread on this a few weeks ago. The owners of the site also commented, explaining how and why etc... If you do a search I am sure it will come up.
Old 4 September 2010, 10:36 PM   #3
mjm800
"TRF" Member

Seems Bobswatches is OK. They have posted some watches in the FS section and the owner is a good guy he is a TRF member. He will go out of his way to answer any question you might have.

They are a new outfit finding their feet and building a rep. I think they are safe to buy from.
Old 5 September 2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Michael M.
Banned

Bobswatches is near my house, if there's any doubts I could go visit them.
Michael M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2010, 11:13 AM   #5
beerformeplz
"TRF" Member

Watch: seadweller
Everything is out of stock.
beerformeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2010, 11:18 AM   #6
Idle Swede
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M. View Post
Bobswatches is near my house, if there's any doubts I could go visit them.
Can you drop in to their store and see if they have anything in stock?
Idle Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2010, 11:38 AM   #7
mjm800
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Swede View Post
BobsWatches

Old 5 September 2010, 12:03 PM   #8
onefive15

Watch: 16550, IWC
Don't worry,I just bought my Rolex explorer ll cream "non-rail" dial from them:) and they are the best and helpfull seller that I ever talked to:) the guy works there name Craig are very nice, I would surelly buy from them again.
onefive15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2010, 12:10 PM   #9
beerformeplz
"TRF" Member

Watch: seadweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefive15 View Post
Don't worry,I just bought my Rolex explorer ll cream "non-rail" dial from them:) and they are the best and helpfull seller that I ever talked to:) the guy works there name Craig are very nice, I would surelly buy from them again.
Must have been the only watch in stock.
beerformeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2010, 12:21 PM   #10
onefive15

No I think their website is out of dated, when the first time I saw their website with a "explorer ll cream dial" been sold, I call them and ask if they have another one and I was lucky enough that one was not sold:) and they gave me a big discount on it, now I am very happy with my 16550 explorer ll cream dial in my wrist:) I think there website is messed up, you should call them up and ask if it's still available maybe you will get lucky like me:)
Old 5 September 2010, 12:56 PM   #11
onefive15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerformeplz View Post
Must have been the only watch in stock.
Don't know why I bought that cream explorer ll 16550 already and the AD is still there?! I think they really need a IT professional to take care of their website! but I really got a great deal out of this watch and the people work there that I bought the watch from, they sure are nice
Old 5 September 2010, 12:57 PM   #12
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078 YG DD
The address of the main "buying office" (15182 Goldenwest Street Huntington Beach, CA 92647) has the following listings:
  • Cash for Gold
  • PaydayLoans Huntington Beach
  • LoanexJewelry Loans
  • cashonjewelry.com
  • Bob's Watches
Old 5 September 2010, 11:56 PM   #13
Michael M.
Banned

Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Swede View Post
Sure I can probably pop by next weekend if my dad will take me:chuckle
I can't make any promises though guys

Michael M.
Michael M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2010, 12:38 AM   #14
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
The address of the main "buying office" (15182 Goldenwest Street Huntington Beach, CA 92647) has the following listings:
  • Cash for Gold
  • PaydayLoans Huntington Beach
  • LoanexJewelry Loans
  • cashonjewelry.com
  • Bob's Watches

BOB....Right this way, have I got a deal for you!!!! LOL, sure!

Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2010, 02:55 AM   #15
Givmeabrek

Watch: GMT2C, SS Daytona
No idea who Bob is but if those sites don't scare you nothing will.
Givmeabrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2011, 01:51 AM   #16
Xpert37

Watch: 16610
Any updates on Bob's Watches? I know quite a few people have been asking and me included.
Xpert37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2011, 11:18 AM   #17
shgems
"TRF" Member

BOB's watches

Well i just tried to click buy to ask questions on a sub tt Serti dial and the message came up watch is out will put me on waiting list. maybe they don't update the web site who knows. I want to hear from members who got watches from him. The fact that the address has several different buisnessses there is meaningless. The address may be a strip center with several buisnesses in different suites.
shgems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2011, 12:44 PM   #18
hw-abacus
"TRF" Member

Bob's Watches!!

In Dec 2010,they had a 2002 Solid Gold Sub 2 condition, which was very nice for $9985...Price seemed too good to be true...So I called and spoke to a female associate...I asked her did they open the watch to see inside...she said "we do not open watches" right there was a bad signal. I asked how long she worked there and her reply was a year.
My gut feeling told me to back away...I really wanted that watch, but the associated scared me off. I did call again and web site was not up to date as it still showed the 2002 on the web.
They also had a 1998 solid gold sub for $12,500..I see it is gone. I am trying to find a good gold sub to go along with my 2000 Date Just.
I just bought a brand new Breitling with the new mesh bracelet and silver face. It is Limited Edition of 1000 pcs in 3 colours..IT ROCKS..On EBay $5299 ..I got for $4500 all in.
hw-abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2011, 03:27 PM   #19
Xpert37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hw-abacus View Post
I asked her did they open the watch to see inside...she said "we do not open watches" right there was a bad signal.
Why is that a bad signal? Are grey dealers required to open watches?
Old 26 January 2011, 10:49 PM   #20
tfarchio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I
"Cheap" is not a word that should come up very often (and typically doesn't) when buying a genuine rolex. The best bargain you'll find is probably right here on the forum. Buying a rolex can be tricky. With other things, if you buy something at a discount and it turns out to not be the best deal, you can still salvage it, spend more money to make it right. If you buy a fake Rolex, it's worthless. No amount of money will fix it. So you have to assume considerable risk for only a little bit of potential savings. IMO, the amount you might save buying it on eBay or through a discount dealer like bobswatches doesn't justify the increased risks. The old adage "if it's too good to be true..." definitely applies when buying a Rolex.
tfarchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2011, 02:20 AM   #21
Xpert37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfarchio View Post
"Cheap" is not a word that should come up very often (and typically doesn't) when buying a genuine rolex. The best bargain you'll find is probably right here on the forum. Buying a rolex can be tricky. With other things, if you buy something at a discount and it turns out to not be the best deal, you can still salvage it, spend more money to make it right. If you buy a fake Rolex, it's worthless. No amount of money will fix it. So you have to assume considerable risk for only a little bit of potential savings. IMO, the amount you might save buying it on eBay or through a discount dealer like bobswatches doesn't justify the increased risks. The old adage "if it's too good to be true..." definitely applies when buying a Rolex.
I agree but what if they have a 3-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked? To me, this policy is in line with Swiss-Wrist, Bernard Watches and a few others. I don't know if eBay seller offer money-back guarantee. Do TRF preferred sellers offer money-back guarantee?

It seems Bob's Watches have an "A" rating on Better Business Bureau with no complaints. Bernard Watch has an "A+" rating and Swiss-Wrist has an "A-" rating. So to me, they are all quality companies. I just don't understand why people would shun these grey market dealers as opposed to favorite sellers on TRF. Based on my research, the prices offered by TRF sellers are not in any way cheaper than the above-mentioned grey dealers. For a used Rolex buyer, how cheap the watch and authenticity are both important. If I had more money, I would have bought from an AD and wouldn't that even be more safe and better than the TRF sellers?
Old 27 January 2011, 03:44 AM   #22
MonBK
Banned

Xpert37, seems to me you speak very highly of them and you haven't even received your watch yet.

Makes me wonder if you are affiliated with them?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2011, 06:29 AM   #23
Xpert37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Xpert37, seems to me you speak very highly of them and you haven't even received your watch yet.

Makes me wonder if you are affiliated with them?
Not at all - I dealt with Andy there. Hope to get my watch today or tomorrow. This is the ONLY part I do not like doing transaction with them because they have to mail the watches in registered mail, which takes forever. But registered mail is very safe and fully insured so no complaints here.

I will take the watch to an AD for authenticity and if it is in the same condition as described, then I will vouch for them with no hesitation. If you do a little search of the threads, George AB recently gave them a thumb up on January 15 and a few others as well. As for me, I have asked the same question on a number of threads as to whether they are for real.

I know DavidSW, Oscar, Jacek and others all have great reputation here, but for me, if all being equal (i.e., they sell authentic watches with conditions as described), then I will always go to the seller who offer the lowest price.
Old 27 January 2011, 10:44 AM   #24
kmangino47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600 SD Z
I can say I had a very good experience with Bernard watch. Got my airking from them in never worn condition. It came with original sales slip date aug 2010. I could have purchased from TRF sales and got similar deal.
But Bernard had exact watch I was after and gave me a competing price on my trade. Overall a very good transition.
Note: I did buy the seller 1st. Must have had 10 emails back and forth. As well as calling the shop during working hours and questioning sales guy.
kmangino47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2011, 09:01 AM   #25
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ
Rip-off sites do not post their physical address on their web page.
Old 29 January 2011, 12:39 PM   #26
Xpert37

Guys, the verdict is here!! I got my Rolex Z series Submariner today, in prestine condition for ~ $4000 from Bob's Watches.

All as described, including inner, outer boxes, warranty paper, booklets and tags, except missing the green tag. I am a happy camper!

Here is a photo - sorry for the picture quality. If anyone has any concerns about Bob's Watches, please let me know. They are absolutely legit.

Old 23 March 2013, 05:58 AM   #27
margauxmartignac
"TRF" Member

real or not

Hey,
I want to buy a datejust with bobs watches
but buy a rolex online scare me
all people who uy a watch with Bob's go to check at rolex if the watch are not a fake ???

thank you
:)
margauxmartignac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2013, 11:47 AM   #28
swomariner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by margauxmartignac View Post
Hey,
I want to buy a datejust with bobs watches
but buy a rolex online scare me
all people who uy a watch with Bob's go to check at rolex if the watch are not a fake ???

thank you
:)
Welcome to TRF.

I'm not sure what you are asking.
swomariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2013, 01:16 PM   #29
Cesium133
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swomariner View Post
Welcome to TRF.

I'm not sure what you are asking.
He's asking if people have the watch authenticated by RSC or an AD after purchasing from Bob's. To the OP, check on the return policy. If you have a few days then buy the watch, have it checked out, and if necessary return it.
Cesium133 is offline   Reply With Quote