The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 October 2015, 08:17 AM   #1
Ezkill
"TRF" Member

AP 15400 Band Adjustment Question

I just picked up a brand new AP15400, I series with white/silver dial. I just can't get a good fit on the band as 4 links removed and it's a bit too uncomfortable to wear for more then a few hours and 3 links is simply too lose.

After doing some googling this afternoon the only answer I can seem to find is a 1.5 link that AP sells for 271 dollars, MR.404.155.ST. With tax and shipping it's about 330 dollars landed.

Kind of wish a half link was provided as with the VC overseas or there was an option of doing some fine adjustments through the clasp as with Rolex's. I think the problem is somewhat common as APNA had to check stock and told me they sell a lot of these. I've seen the process of how the links are made so I'm not surprised at the cost but it still feels a bit cash grabby to have to immediately spend 330 just to get a decent fit.

I'm 99% sure this is the only solution but would love to hear if anyone has any other options.
Ezkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Wow. I want to get the same watch. Hopefully it fits right right out of the box.
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2015, 09:38 AM   #3
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezkill View Post
I just picked up a brand new AP15400, I series with white/silver dial. I just can't get a good fit on the band as 4 links removed and it's a bit too uncomfortable to wear for more then a few hours and 3 links is simply too lose.

After doing some googling this afternoon the only answer I can seem to find is a 1.5 link that AP sells for 271 dollars, MR.404.155.ST. With tax and shipping it's about 330 dollars landed.

Kind of wish a half link was provided as with the VC overseas or there was an option of doing some fine adjustments through the clasp as with Rolex's. I think the problem is somewhat common as APNA had to check stock and told me they sell a lot of these. I've seen the process of how the links are made so I'm not surprised at the cost but it still feels a bit cash grabby to have to immediately spend 330 just to get a decent fit.

I'm 99% sure this is the only solution but would love to hear if anyone has any other options.
Did you try calling AP Boutique in NYC? Coincidently I have the same model and dial color. I purchased the 1.5 link for $219 plus tax(I assume you can save the tax if they ship it to you). I ended up removing a total of 5 links, but now enjoy the perfect fit.
Old 8 October 2015, 09:48 AM   #4
Ezkill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Did you try calling AP Boutique in NYC? Coincidently I have the same model and dial color. I purchased the 1.5 link for $219 plus tax(I assume you can save the tax if they ship it to you). I ended up removing a total of 5 links, but now enjoy the perfect fit.
No, I've only called AP North American in Florida and they quoted me 271 and said they HAVE to charge tax if shipping to Florida, California or New York and only use overnight shipping which is an additional 30 dollars. I'll try New York tomorrow but I'd be surprised if it's cheaper. I also emailed the new boutique here in LA that just opened on Monday and they are expecting links this week so I'll get a price quote there as well.

I'm not really trying to save a few bucks. I was just a little peeved about the spend after buying a BNIB watch.
Ezkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2015, 11:03 AM   #5
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
I'm having the same problem! I called NYC boutique and they told me $219 but I would have to wait at least 3 weeks and that's just for them to get one in - then there's a wait list. I'm going to try sending my watch in for the pressure test which I need to do anyways and hope to get one whole it's in for service. I guess if it's a bit more expensive but i can kill two birds with one stone I'll do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 8 October 2015, 12:02 PM   #6
bahbahani
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex ,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
there are two different 1.5 links, an old version which has a long link screw MR.404.104.ST that retails for $216 plus tax, and a new version which has a link screw and a cap MR.404.155.ST that retails for $271 plus tax.

The new version bracelets have 1220 engraved on the inside, that's you know what version is your bracelet
bahbahani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2015, 12:17 PM   #7
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahani View Post
there are two different 1.5 links, an old version which has a long link screw MR.404.104.ST that retails for $216 plus tax, and a new version which has a link screw and a cap MR.404.155.ST that retails for $271 plus tax.

The new version bracelets have 1220 engraved on the inside, that's you know what version is your bracelet

Great info thank you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 8 October 2015, 01:28 PM   #8
wisguy
"TRF" Member

I have the 1.5 link for mine, fits better, but not perfect.

I owned a 15300 in the past and it was fine.

It depends a lot on your wrist shape.
Old 8 October 2015, 01:32 PM   #9
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Call Clear Water FL - should be about $235
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2015, 05:54 AM   #10
Abdullasaif
"TRF" Member

Watch: bipolar
I am really sorry to say this but I've read a lot of 50/50 issues with the 1/2 link its rather people saying it fits perfectly like no other bracelet or people say it doesn't fix anything so if you want to experiment go ahead
Abdullasaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 03:27 AM   #11
Big Green
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/116500LN/APRO
THANK YOU for this thread. I just ordered the link (which I wouldn’t have known about) and upon doing so, got the email from AP saying they’ll order the 104ST piece, which would have been incorrect as I have the new bracelet. The 155 is $271. This thread saved a lot of time, hassle, and discomfort.
Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote