The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 6 July 2017, 03:03 AM   #121
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
So what's he's new name?
Sorry, i mean: could even made a new account
Yzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 03:08 AM   #122
mercman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126660 D-Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
New account? Would he be allowed to do that?
I don't think having two accounts is allowed but how would anyone know unless there is a system that checks I.P. addresses.
mercman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 03:16 AM   #123
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman View Post
I don't think having two accounts is allowed but how would anyone know unless there is a system that checks I.P. addresses.
Even then you can't control it. VPN, dynamic IP, proxy, internet from work etc.
Yzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 03:59 AM   #124
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I disagree Chewy,

Yes, this watch can be made good by polishing but damage has been done in many ways.
Polishing to the extent that this watch requires would always leave me seriously disappointed with the final product and the history of the transaction.

The seller has to step up and make this good.
Fair enough... what would you suggest and trust the seller do, based on the results from the seller to date?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 05:52 AM   #125
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Fair enough... what would you suggest and trust the seller do, based on the results from the seller to date?
Suggest? Full and immediate refund of purchase.
Trust? Nothing.
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 08:41 AM   #126
Ballaratboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnipples24 View Post
Well....I was hoping to give him the benefit of the doubt, but still no response days later so I feel it is time to make the post.

Purchased a 39mm explorer 1 from anothernewphone on Friday for 4050.00. Contacted him via email which then moved to text. We agreed on a deal and he shipped the watch next day delivery.

In the ad, watch is listed as in excellent condition with little noticeable wear.
The ad is listed below. As you can see the pics show a clean watch in what appears to be great shape.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=544772

What I received was FAR fromore that. Please see the link below for updated pictures of the watch. I will let you all come to your own conclusions.

http://imgur.com/a/WGPuf

He would only accept paypal gifted as he claimed regular paypal I could charge back. He has 3k posts so I felt pretty confident, I've done loads of transactions over on WUS.

I received the watch Saturday and within ten minutes of opening the package I was texting him asking for a refund due to the terrible condition of the watch.
It looks like it's been worn as a daily beater for years.

I've received absolutely no communication from him since he gave me the tracking # on saturday. I've reached out via email, texts, and even messaged him on Instagram.

At this point I just want my money back, I'm hoping he sees this thread and does the right thing and reaches out to me. If not then I hope this experience serves as a lesson learned to other people thinking about dealing with this less then subpar seller.

He has 3k posts and is very active so I hope he can make this right.
I suggest you 'cut your losses' and get it polished at an AD. At least that is what I would do! It's still a nice watch.
Ballaratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 09:17 AM   #127
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Because I've PM'd him.

But if he hasn't logged in he wouldn't receive your PM... correct? I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 July 2017, 09:28 AM   #128
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
But if he hasn't logged in he wouldn't receive your PM... correct? I'm confused.

Not true...technically he should receive an email to notify him of a new PM. So if he has internet wherever he may be, he should know that Mon sent him a PM. At least that is how it works from me when receive a new PM. Also, I can read the PM message from the email without logging into TRF.
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 09:44 AM   #129
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
Not true...technically he should receive an email to notify him of a new PM. So if he has internet wherever he may be, he should know that Mon sent him a PM. At least that is how it works from me when receive a new PM. Also, I can read the PM message from the email without logging into TRF.
I get what you're saying, but how is Mon 100% sure that this guy has read his email notification?

We're all assuming the seller is dodging the buyer, but isn't it a possibility that this guy is somehow unavailable e.g. dead or in a coma? I mean, he hasn't logged in to TRF, updated his Instagram or responded to texts/emails. The OP has never confirmed that he's tried calling the seller either.
imperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 10:09 AM   #130
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Fwiw he hasn't been on wus since last week either.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 10:19 AM   #131
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Negative Experience with Anothernewphone

I wouldn't yet count out foul play or some other odd sort of happening here. If the OP has not logged in here or updated his IG account where before he was pretty active I would not put a long vacation or something else beyond his control out of the picture yet.

We have been fishing up in Canada in the past for 10 days and had no service other than a satellite phone to make emergency calls.

I still hold out hope for the OP. But I would just get it properly polished and serviced and wear it. When the OP resurfaces try to get them to pay for it. Yes, I get it, if you do this you own it, but only the OP can decide how long to wait.

Unless of course something unspeakable happened. Then a watch is small potatoes in the overall scheme of things. $4000 is a lot of money to me. Hope you get resolution.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 10:51 AM   #132
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post
Suggest? Full and immediate refund of purchase.
Trust? Nothing.
Exactly. The trust is gone.

Why risk sending back what left of the asset the buyer has for the remote chance of a refund?

(How does the saying go?; 'fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice etc...')

I suspect the seller is reading this and doesn't/can't care anyway -- and this could have been much, much worse. But, there still could be hope.

Old 6 July 2017, 11:16 AM   #133
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Because I've PM'd him.
I have my account set to be notified by email of a PM. I've never been sent an email by TRF. Not one.

He may not be aware. Until he logs in, it's just blind speculation.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 02:18 PM   #134
Thatguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PAM
This seems very strange. I agree that the watch was not represented accurately in the ad and the buyer deserves a refund. What I don't understand is why would a regular member go dark over this. Based on the watch and price paid he has little to gain unless he stole the watch from his friend and pocketed the $4k.

Thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 03:53 PM   #135
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
I get what you're saying, but how is Mon 100% sure that this guy has read his email notification?

We're all assuming the seller is dodging the buyer, but isn't it a possibility that this guy is somehow unavailable e.g. dead or in a coma? I mean, he hasn't logged in to TRF, updated his Instagram or responded to texts/emails. The OP has never confirmed that he's tried calling the seller either.
Where do you get the 100% sure from?

I said I think he knows.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 04:18 PM   #136
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Where do you get the 100% sure from?

I said I think he knows.
Mon causes all the problems here.

Old 6 July 2017, 05:11 PM   #137
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
The new phone and long gone scenario seem more fit after the
Proceeds of the sale ... This unfortunately could have been in the
making for quite awhile... No logical reason other than it was done
intentional !!!! He knew exactly what he was doing ...
In this scenario I wouldn't doubt it if it was all premeditated....
Sorry OP... really sad on his behalf for not taking responsibility ....
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 11:24 PM   #138
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
The new phone and long gone scenario seem more fit after the
Proceeds of the sale ... This unfortunately could have been in the
making for quite awhile... No logical reason other than it was done
intentional !!!! He knew exactly what he was doing ...
In this scenario I wouldn't doubt it if it was all premeditated....
Sorry OP... really sad on his behalf for not taking responsibility ....
Mario, I fear that you may be right but I really hope that you're wrong. This would be quite the long con, and for seemingly quite small financial gain.

A long standing member with lots of activity is what many of us look for to establish trust. In many ways it's the bedrock of our forum.
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 12:04 AM   #139
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Again I have no dog in the fight here, Seller will be back and make it right.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 12:09 AM   #140
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I agree.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 12:22 AM   #141
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

I REALLY hope that is the case....but going on now almost two weeks since ive talked to the seller....

At what point do I begrudgingly admit defeat and send the watch off to be polished? I do not want this watch at all at this point, and I would only send it off to be polished so I wouldn't lose my shirt if I decided to try and resell it. I'm worried if I have it polished and the seller comes back in a week offering a refund I'll miss my chance if it's out being polished. As of right now it's sitting in its box in my safe, staring at me with contempt everytime I open the safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
schnipples24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 12:46 AM   #142
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I REALLY hope that is the case....but going on now almost two weeks since ive talked to the seller....

At what point do I begrudgingly admit defeat and send the watch off to be polished? I do not want this watch at all at this point, and I would only send it off to be polished so I wouldn't lose my shirt if I decided to try and resell it. I'm worried if I have it polished and the seller comes back in a week offering a refund I'll miss my chance if it's out being polished. As of right now it's sitting in its box in my safe, staring at me with contempt everytime I open the safe.

I'd try commenting on his IG hoping someone he know will reach out to me with news on his whereabouts. Or maybe put his details in pipl.com to see if a fb link comes up, maybe ping a couple of his contacts to see if it returns any leads.

Old 7 July 2017, 01:28 AM   #143
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post
Mario, I fear that you may be right but I really hope that you're wrong. This would be quite the long con, and for seemingly quite small financial gain.

A long standing member with lots of activity is what many of us look for to establish trust. In many ways it's the bedrock of our forum.
I hope I'm wrong and I agree with you on this ....
just pointing out that unfortunately sometimes there
are a few bad apples in the crowd ...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 04:26 AM   #144
William.L.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 & 16013
Quote:

Here's the thing. I think you send the watch off now. An experienced polisher will know what he's doing and can make that watch look new. If the other member's offer to polish it falls through, PM me and I'll have you send it to us (were an AD) and I'll have our watchmaker do it for free for you as well. It really won't take much to clean that up from what I saw, or get it to a point where you'd be happy wearing it. I like to move at the speed of right now, and if someone I was working with took two weeks to respond, I'd be done with them period. My advise is put your faith in a good polisher, and let him work his magic, and as long as he's not using a grinding wheel, everything that's upsetting and incorrect should be fixable and leave you at a state in which your happy to wear it again. -William.
Tudor GMT
Serti GMT
William.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 04:29 AM   #145
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.L. View Post
Here's the thing. I think you send the watch off now. An experienced polisher will know what he's doing and can make that watch look new. If the other member's offer to polish it falls through, PM me and I'll have you send it to us (were an AD) and I'll have our watchmaker do it for free for you as well. It really won't take much to clean that up from what I saw, or get it to a point where you'd be happy wearing it. I like to move at the speed of right now, and if someone I was working with took two weeks to respond, I'd be done with them period. My advise is put your faith in a good polisher, and let him work his magic, and as long as he's not using a grinding wheel, everything that's upsetting and incorrect should be fixable and leave you at a state in which your happy to wear it again. -William.
The best post so far in this sad saga.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 04:58 AM   #146
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.L. View Post
thank you.

it'll be good as-new and no more risk required. sometimes, you have to do like Elsa, and let it go.

Quote:
The best post so far in this sad saga.
Old 7 July 2017, 05:20 AM   #147
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Got to agree with the others regarding polishing, even if you still have doubts afterwards you'll still be in a better situation than you are now to sell the watch and recover your cost's.

One question I have for you schnipples24,

Do you trust the seller after all this?

Even if he does surface again and agreed to a refund, I'd be extremely apprehensive sending the watch back. At one point he will have both your watch and money in his possession.

There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation to all of this but do you really want to take the risk?

One last point, if this was me and I took up one of the generous offers to polish the watch for free. If I then decided to sell it I would offer to pay for the cost of the polishing.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 09:16 AM   #148
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Got to agree with the others regarding polishing, even if you still have doubts afterwards you'll still be in a better situation than you are now to sell the watch and recover your cost's.

One question I have for you schnipples24,

Do you trust the seller after all this?

Even if he does surface again and agreed to a refund, I'd be extremely apprehensive sending the watch back. At one point he will have both your watch and money in his possession.

There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation to all of this but do you really want to take the risk?

One last point, if this was me and I took up one of the generous offers to polish the watch for free. If I then decided to sell it I would offer to pay for the cost of the polishing.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Absolutely agree.... watch will polish up nice... I would go that route
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 10:01 AM   #149
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Just wow! Misleading it's not strong enough! That watch looks terrible. Obviously he's dodging you OP. Have you checked his activity here or send hm a PM?
Best of luck getting your money back. Also, looks like someone 'played' with the date on the warranty card.
Have you checked with Rolex to see if the serial number is legit and there are no other "shenanigans" are going on with this? Definitely looks like the warranty card has been re-worked. Sorry for all this anguish btw.
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 10:16 AM   #150
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I know this may sound morbid and maybe a little twisted but you know his full name and where he lives. Have you goodled his name and city/state to see if a police report or news story or heaven for it, an obituary comes up??

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote