The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 25 September 2009, 05:55 AM   #31
BBH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebelle13 View Post
let me be very clear on my post... Rolex headquarters in NYC DID tell me the watch was not authentic to their standards... I have given beckertime that feedback, however they rectify that with this specific watch is up to them. Could very well be a one off situation.

He has been very accommodating and is sending me another watch that he assures Rolex will confirm is authentic by their standards. I intend to get it checked again and will report back on my experience with the new watch.
'''...their standards..." What the heck does this mean? IMHO, a Genuine Rolex is genuine through and through. NO room for "waffle words". 100% or it is NOT genuine.
BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2009, 11:20 PM   #32
sebelle13
"TRF" Member

To follow-up on the post, I did receive a new watch as promised by Beckertime. I went to the Rolex Headquarters again with it and it was authenticated. The only thing that was wrong was the bezel on it was not intended for the watch, so it is being replaced.

Beckertime went above and beyond to ensure that I was happy and due to that I would now recommend doing business with him.
sebelle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 01:40 PM   #33
swang107
"TRF" Member

Watch: Plasmir Milgraph
First of all a big Hello to everyone from me, a newbie to the site.

I am too in the process of resolving a dispute with Beckertime over an Ebay purchase. The item in question is a Ladies Date black dial, I've attached the photo. The first thing that struck me is the shorter than usual minute hands. Although this does not guaruntee a replica, but it did put me off. I immediately emailed Matt(beckertime) and asked for a full refund which he agreed.

Even though the item was not to my expectation, Matt's service attitude has been good so far and the Rolex is on the way back to Texas as i type. At this point i am giving him the benefit of doubt that there is a genuine laspe in oversight between him and his suppliers.

My point is that it's a buyers beware market and even platinum rated sellers can make mistakes. There must be genuine effort to rectify mistakes though, I'll update on the refund process asap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ROLEX ladies date.jpg (62.3 KB, 1910 views)
swang107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 01:55 PM   #34
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
I think it is rude to pop up here and make a statement like that without first getting the facts correct.

You jumped the gun and wrote something on a post without first calling a seller and talking to them.

I am not the most intelligent person in TRF however if I bought something form someone and had a problem with it I would call first. You are creating a situation with the buyer called def emanation of charactor and they could come after you.

The seller responded to you and will give your money back end of story.

Now Grow up.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 102b26a8-fdd8-4d89-906a-d7f33e7bddf1_jeff_dunham_walter.gif (27.1 KB, 1904 views)
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 02:07 PM   #35
swang107
"TRF" Member

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't trying to flame anyone. In fact, I did resolve the issue with Matt already and the refund process is on the way. And I am pleased with the quality of the service.

What i wanted to share was that sellers sometimes make mistakes too. And also share the refunding process/length/promptness with others that are considering doing business with Matt.
Old 13 January 2010, 02:11 PM   #36
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swang107 View Post
Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't trying to flame anyone. In fact, I did resolve the issue with Matt already and the refund process is on the way. And I am pleased with the quality of the service.

What i wanted to share was that sellers sometimes make mistakes too. And also share the refunding process/length/promptness with others that are considering doing business with Matt.
You are confusing me with this posting.
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 02:16 PM   #37
swang107
"TRF" Member

=) well i did jump on a thread some else started though. I see where the confusion might come from with that title in bold.

But no malicious intent here for sure!
Old 13 January 2010, 02:36 PM   #38
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
I hope everything works out!
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2010, 12:26 AM   #39
marcinthemiddle
Vacated

Watch: PAM 111 'N'
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1@160@alltimes View Post
Next time give the seller the opportunity to respond and rectify the situation before blasting them.
x2
marcinthemiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2010, 10:59 AM   #40
swang107
"TRF" Member

Beckertime is reliable

Matt refunded me the monies early today even though the item has not reached him. The communication and execution of his no-risk policy has been honest and prompt.

I would definitely recommend his services to anyone seeking a pre-own rolex.
Old 16 April 2010, 07:39 AM   #41
TnMtnMan
"TRF" Member

Watch: My Next Rolex
As we speak, I'm working on a deal with Matt for a Submariner and this info helps put my mind at ease.

Thanks for posting these references as it makes me feel a bit better about buying a used watch from someone several hundred miles away.

Happy Earth Day to All !!!! (April 22, 2010)
TnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 05:45 AM   #42
EbayBuyer
"TRF" Member

i bought a watch off ebay from Beckertime and this is what i received..

I already made my conclusion.... what is everyone elses vote?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg watch4.jpg (56.1 KB, 1600 views)
File Type: jpg watch3.jpg (63.8 KB, 1602 views)
File Type: jpg watch2.jpg (68.6 KB, 1597 views)
File Type: jpg watch1.jpg (59.9 KB, 1587 views)
EbayBuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 06:10 AM   #43
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
what on earth is going on here ,,,

mods ,,, step in please
dysondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 06:12 AM   #44
EbayBuyer
"TRF" Member

i'm posting how i received a fake watch from Beckertime.... why is that not alound???
Old 18 September 2014, 06:14 AM   #45
EbayBuyer
"TRF" Member

BECKERTIME is a scam! See the picture for yourself!! Check your watch if you bought one from them and take it to a dealer!!!
Old 18 September 2014, 06:19 AM   #46
EbayBuyer
"TRF" Member

dysondiver

What is your concern? I am honestly confused? Did i do something wrong by reporting how i received a fake, counterfeit Rolex from Beckertime...
Old 18 September 2014, 06:25 AM   #47
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
this thread has turned into a one sided witch hunt from a few very new members with very low post counts , it all seems very odd.
once in a while every one makes a mistake , thats life , but why this rush ,
without hearing beckertimes side of things whats the point of this.
dysondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 06:27 AM   #48
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Band Is fake dial and bezel is aftermarket, shoe is the add
Old 18 September 2014, 06:40 AM   #49
JohnBaker3
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1971 Red Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
If the watch was counterfeit, you wouldn't have received the watch back from the RSC. The RSC must have had an issue with some part on the watch.
+1

I bought a 16753 from BeckerTime earlier this year; no problems other than they take 4 days to ship after receiving your money....their policy.

Everything on the watch was correct including the bracelet. Great price and I would do business with them again.

Hope the OP gets it straightened out and we get the complete details of what the real problem was....

Old 18 September 2014, 06:43 AM   #50
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebelle13 View Post
To follow-up on the post, I did receive a new watch as promised by Beckertime. I went to the Rolex Headquarters again with it and it was authenticated. The only thing that was wrong was the bezel on it was not intended for the watch, so it is being replaced.

Beckertime went above and beyond to ensure that I was happy and due to that I would now recommend doing business with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayBuyer View Post
dysondiver

What is your concern? I am honestly confused? Did i do something wrong by reporting how i received a fake, counterfeit Rolex from Beckertime...
EbayBuyer,

The OP posted 4 times (all in this thread), the last being in October, 2009. His last post is quoted above. You have posted 4 times (all in this thread) without giving Beckertime a chance to respond or rectify the situation. Either you tone it down and give them a chance or you will be removed from TRF (and I advise you not to argue with a Mod; you will lose that argument every time).

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 06:48 AM   #51
EbayBuyer
"TRF" Member

The clasp is a knock off and what i received from them i have it next to another "real" 13mm band

Beackertime said the band was aftermarket i knew that upon purchase. although i was confused why it had the markings? and why if such a high end store would put such a cheap band on a watch?

What about the date? it is clearly off center.

What about the writing on the rear of the case?
Old 18 September 2014, 06:49 AM   #52
EbayBuyer
"TRF" Member

Ok my apologies i didnt know.... i will wait
Old 18 September 2014, 06:53 AM   #53
Rockrolex

Quote:
The clasp is a knock off and what i received from them i have it next to another "real" 13mm band

Beackertime said the band was aftermarket i knew that upon purchase. although i was confused why it had the markings? and why if such a high end store would put such a cheap band on a watch?

What about the date? it is clearly off center.

What about the writing on the rear of the case?
You may be POed now, but why don't you call them and tell them your problem (in a non-antagonistic voice). They will probably work with you to resolve the problem, either by refunding your money or by sending you a new watch.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 18 September 2014, 06:54 AM   #54
Rockrolex

Quote:
Ok my apologies i didnt know.... i will wait
Much better attitude.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 18 September 2014, 07:07 AM   #55
EbayBuyer
"TRF" Member

Because other people should be educated on what they might receive, what if you never new that a Rolex never came with some small minute detail that indicates a "aftermarket" you would never know and go on with as if you had made a great purchase.

Here is another example and i am just saying not trying to argue:

So what if there is a Rolex dealer down the street and he tried selling "aftermarket" watches to people or lesser value watches and those customers figured it out and went and return their watch for a full refund, not questions asked. Do you still consider this seller a "good" just becasue they are will to accept their own merchandise back that they purposely sold or even worse if they unknowingly sold it.... So again for example... should the owner of this Rolex store be forgiven of all wrong doings and praised because he had exceptional customer service when he was confronted with his merchandise? OR should it be made public that these "mistakes" if you want to call it that are happening.

On the flip side of this how many people didn't realize what they had received because no one made them aware of the potential "mistakes" that were occurring so they purchased from this reputable dealer because no one ever complained.

Sorry for any typos, using cell phone.
Old 18 September 2014, 07:18 AM   #56
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Beckertime sells mainly customized Rolex watches... I agree that the band should not be stamped if it is aftermarket but they appear to be good with extending refunds.... if you were expecting something that Rolex would approve of, then you are shopping the wrong seller or at least shopping one of his customized auction... they usually clearly list band, bezel, and dial as aftermarket. Anything aftermarket deems it non original... If you need something all original, they can probably work with you on an exchange... Matt Becker is a good guy
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 07:33 AM   #57
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

I am guessing this is your auction here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-Rolex...-/141391782360

The description lists aftermarket band with original clasp
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 07:43 AM   #58
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Becker Time bought TimeKeeperForum.com so you could always take it up with them directly on that site as well - although the site appears to have very little activity these days.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 08:39 AM   #59
kooltzar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 5512
Just to clarify a few things:

If any seller says a bracelet is aftermarket, but on the pictures you see it is markedwith a Rolex crown, then it is not aftermarket, but counterfeit!

Any non Rolex part which contains any trademark words or logos is counterfeit!

According to crowncollection who is an expert dial and bezel are a problem as well, than it is fair to say that the seller offered a counterfeit watch for sale.

Any body pointing this out here in the watch out section has the right to do so and should not be blamed by other members just because the seller in question is well known.

I sometimes think people her are biased towards some sellers who are commonly known as reputable or are members of this forum and start to become defensive when someone finds a questionable watch they offer.
kooltzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2014, 08:53 AM   #60
TimeToGo
2024 Pledge Member

Hopefully you have not left him feedback.

Just open a case through ebay and return the watch. Paypal will reimburse you once they have tracking confirmation that the watch was received. It's that simple.

Sorry about this experience.

I hope you get to stick around the forum and use this great resource before your next purchase...

Good luck
TimeToGo is online now   Reply With Quote