The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 January 2017, 01:56 AM   #31
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Pricing on AP ROO forged carbon

I once caught a fish this big! Frequently wrong but never in doubt.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 01:59 AM   #32
racer24
Banned

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
Now I'm confused. Is it a question between buying new and used. If your looking at used 24k is the going rate. New maybe 27k is a good deal. Would I buy it New probably not. But it's up to you.
It's not a question between new and used. the question is is 27.5k the rock bottom price for a BNIB FC44. From all the responses, I think the answer is no. 27.5k is fairly competitive price, but it's not a price that you miss and you will never see it again price. so I will pass on the FC and get a RG later this year.
racer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 02:26 AM   #33
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer24 View Post
It's not a question between new and used. the question is is 27.5k the rock bottom price for a BNIB FC44. From all the responses, I think the answer is no. 27.5k is fairly competitive price, but it's not a price that you miss and you will never see it again price. so I will pass on the FC and get a RG later this year.
Seriously??? Lol

You have ONE guy, that doesn't even know how to wind his AP, telling u that u can get it for 24 or 25k. I asked for listings, yet he can't produce any.

Another was confused about preowned and BNIB, and the site he claimed had a preowned one for 24k, apparently has one preowned for $31k as Serg pointed out.

It's your $ and you can and should buy what you want. Just an FYI, if u decide on the RG 44, DONT pay over 26k for it BNIB. I see them going for that all day.
Manofsteelpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 02:40 AM   #34
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post
Seriously??? Lol

You have ONE guy, that doesn't even know how to wind his AP, telling u that u can get it for 24 or 25k. I asked for listings, yet he can't produce any.

Another was confused about preowned and BNIB, and the site he claimed had a preowned one for 24k, apparently has one preowned for $31k as Serg pointed out.

It's your $ and you can and should buy what you want. Just an FYI, if u decide on the RG 44, DONT pay over 26k for it BNIB. I see them going for that all day.
Actually, he should go 20 for the RG. After all, they keep sitting on a shelf for years.
Old 28 January 2017, 03:03 AM   #35
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterserg View Post
Actually, he should go 20 for the RG. After all, they keep sitting on a shelf for years.
Maybe they can bundle a RG and FC for 31k.
Old 28 January 2017, 03:04 AM   #36
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I once caught a fish this big!
Is that all? Pfft...!
I’ve had bigger battered from the local chip shop!
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 03:07 AM   #37
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Maybe they can bundle a RG and FC for 31k.
Is that rock bottom?
Old 28 January 2017, 03:10 AM   #38
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Is that all? Pfft...!
I’ve had bigger battered from the local chip shop!

Funny, my wife said the same thing.
Old 28 January 2017, 03:13 AM   #39
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Quote:
Seriously??? Lol

Here you go took me to seconds on watchrecon to find this from a guy who has 11k post on TZ and who has been a member since 2004.

$23,500

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=0#msg_7382197

As i stated I thought he was talking about used. But 24K used price is the going rate. Period! CRM did have a FC for 24k, i follow there snapchat and am on there email list and they send deals all the time over those platforms to unload watches that have been sitting around for a while.

No reason to call everyone out.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 03:15 AM   #40
racer24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterserg View Post
Is that rock bottom?
LOL. you guys are funny. my local AD doesn't have RG. they said AP breached the contract, therefore they no longer will work with AP. and they are dumping all AP watches. that's why it's so tempting. I thought I might be able to grab some pieces for a great price. I just got a white diver BNIB for 14.4k, but it's on its way to Clearwater now. Apparently, there is a defect with the gasket installation.
Old 28 January 2017, 03:16 AM   #41
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
You don't know anything.

Here you go took me to seconds on watchrecon to find this from a guy who has 11k post on TZ.

$23,500

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=0#msg_7382197

As i stated I thought he was talking about used. But 24K used price is the going rate. Period!
EXCELLENT example!!! 23.5k for a used w no box or papers.

And if u read my post again, I said you were confused about new or preowned. So, don't get ur panties in a bunch.
Old 28 January 2017, 03:36 AM   #42
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
EXCELLENT example!!! 23.5k for a used w no box or papers.

And if u read my post again, I said you were confused about new or preowned. So, don't get ur panties in a bunch.
Wasn't confused about new or preowned. I was more confused as if the OP was only considering a BNIB or not.

He never speculated if he wanted papers or box and paper and box can still be found for 24k non the less. Grey dealers claim on modern watches that papers and boxes are only worth about +/- $300. So whats the difference.

Thats different story when it comes to vintage but that doesn't apply in this case as AP FC is a modern watch.

Old 28 January 2017, 04:37 AM   #43
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

The OP was if 27.5k was a good price for a BNIB, you stated a used piece for 24k. Seems you were confused to me about new or used.

And I think we can all agree that B&P on an AP is worth more than $300.
Old 28 January 2017, 06:04 AM   #44
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Seriously??? Lol

You need to relax. At the end of the day the used market for these is 23-24k ASKING. Meaning they are selling for less. Why do you think BNIB deserves that high a premium?

You know I got my ceramic BNIB for like 29% off, and that has better resale than the carbon. So how do you judge 27.5k as a steal? I didn't even judge my price as a steal. More like a fair value.

It's an ok price but nothing special get over it. If you want listings go on chrono24. Before getting the ceramic I really wanted the carbon. So I watched the market on the FC for the last 6 months. I passed on one BNIB from same dealer at 26k when I ultimately decided to get the ceramic.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 06:12 AM   #45
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The OP was if 27.5k was a good price for a BNIB, you stated a used piece for 24k. Seems you were confused to me about new or used.

And I think we can all agree that B&P on an AP is worth more than $300.
Ok that could be the rolex price on B&P. Not really 100% sure on AP but it can't be more than 1k.

I might of confused everyone with my used price comment.

Old 28 January 2017, 07:01 AM   #46
racer24
Banned

guys,

I appreciate every single feedback and your time trying to help me making this purchase decision. It's all good. Learned a lot from you guys on the pricing game of AP. I called AD and told him 26.5 cash and he said no. that's the end of it.
Old 28 January 2017, 02:27 PM   #47
turillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Omega,
The FC ROO 44mm is EOPL...finding one BNIB is going to become more and more difficult...the LNIB and used market for this fine piece will command higher prices as more time passes.

Cheers and have a good weekend.
turillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 02:55 PM   #48
AMCK87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer24 View Post
LOL. you guys are funny. my local AD doesn't have RG. they said AP breached the contract, therefore they no longer will work with AP. and they are dumping all AP watches. that's why it's so tempting. I thought I might be able to grab some pieces for a great price. I just got a white diver BNIB for 14.4k, but it's on its way to Clearwater now. Apparently, there is a defect with the gasket installation.
Sorry bud, 14.4K isn't a great price for a white diver. Regardless, you made an offer and it didn't stick - there will always be another watch out there. Good luck with the hunt.
AMCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2017, 01:17 AM   #49
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
You need to relax. At the end of the day the used market for these is 23-24k ASKING. Meaning they are selling for less. Why do you think BNIB deserves that high a premium?

You know I got my ceramic BNIB for like 29% off, and that has better resale than the carbon. So how do you judge 27.5k as a steal? I didn't even judge my price as a steal. More like a fair value.

It's an ok price but nothing special get over it. If you want listings go on chrono24. Before getting the ceramic I really wanted the carbon. So I watched the market on the FC for the last 6 months. I passed on one BNIB from same dealer at 26k when I ultimately decided to get the ceramic.
The OP asked about a BNIB price. NOT a used price. If you ask me about pizza, and I start talking about Scotch, wtf sense does that make?

Did I, or anyone say that 27.5 was a "steal"? Nope, not one person. I said, that's not a bad price for a BNIB with 3 years warranty from an AD. Read the thread again.

We're not talking about 6 months ago, we're talking about one day ago. 6 years ago, I could buy a BNIB 15300 for 9k, and 50 yrs ago I could buy a comic book for .10, time and prices change.

Last week you lol'd at someone that said they could buy a CE 44 for 30% off... You said, you can't even buy a used one for 30% off. Now here you got a BNIB from an AD for 29% off. You contridict yourself all the time, because you talk out of your butt. Just like you are in this thread.
Old 29 January 2017, 01:56 AM   #50
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The OP asked about a BNIB price. NOT a used price. If you ask me about pizza, and I start talking about Scotch, wtf sense does that make?

Did I, or anyone say that 27.5 was a "steal"? Nope, not one person. I said, that's not a bad price for a BNIB with 3 years warranty from an AD. Read the thread again.

We're not talking about 6 months ago, we're talking about one day ago. 6 years ago, I could buy a BNIB 15300 for 9k, and 50 yrs ago I could buy a comic book for .10, time and prices change.

Last week you lol'd at someone that said they could buy a CE 44 for 30% off... You said, you can't even buy a used one for 30% off. Now here you got a BNIB from an AD for 29% off. You contridict yourself all the time, because you talk out of your butt. Just like you are in this thread.

Thank you for your public service to TRF. Don't forget correcting someone on the size of the RBII (he authoritatively said it was 46mm when the poster said it was 42), the steel on the schumi looking dull, and on and on.
Old 29 January 2017, 02:36 AM   #51
jem7v
Banned

Quote:

Ah you don't know the story. He pmed me and told me he has a business relationship with his dealer so he gets deals better than ANYONE. So I wouldn't count that.

And yes I got my ceramic brand new at the price of a used one. That isn't the norm by any means. And are you really comparing my example of 6 months ago to years ago? You think the market for watches changed THAT drastically in 6 months? Really?

Quote:
Thank you for your public service to TRF. Don't forget correcting someone on the size of the RBII (he authoritatively said it was 46mm when the poster said it was 42), the steel on the schumi looking dull, and on and on.
http://www.chrono24.com/audemarspigu...-id5374876.htm

Go look at all of them. They all said 46mm so excuse me for being wrong once. Here even one of these stupid ones say it's 44mm too. Didn't know we are supposed to bash everyone because they get something wrong. Are you 2 the beacon of knowledge and are always right?

And the titanium on scheme is dull looking with all that grey. Didn't someone make a thread on it debating the same thing? Too much grey? I think so.

Oops.....did I just catch a statement you made incorrectly about a watch? My god the world is over and so is your credibility now.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2017, 05:08 AM   #52
SMD
"TRF" Member

Best to stay silent and have the world think you're a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Old 29 January 2017, 05:31 AM   #53
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Best to stay silent and have the world think you're a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ha! Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2017, 11:00 AM   #54
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Old 7 February 2017, 08:05 AM   #55
psv
"TRF" Member

I think I know the AD and they are not big on discount, but they are losing their AD status so there should be room to help them clean out, but I seriously doubt 24.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote