The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 9 October 2018, 04:10 PM   #61
BCR
"TRF" Member

Looking at the courier website, several links are broken and do not redirect to anything and a WHOIS search reveals that the site was created on 6/22/2018. This certainly doesn’t look like a legit courier service to me. Looking further at the websites source code also reveals that the site has been “Mirrored” from another site. Also http://skye-express.com/index.html seems to be an exact copy of this site with a different name.
BCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 04:16 PM   #62
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCR View Post
Looking at the courier website, several links are broken and do not redirect to anything and a WHOIS search reveals that the site was created on 6/22/2018. This certainly doesn’t look like a legit courier service to me.
yeah, I was looking at the courier site too.

Can someone report it to the authority? I wonder if it's a haven site for scammers.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 04:26 PM   #63
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
This one?: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=631727

He has listed and sold on here before it seems and keep in mind, it was a holiday weekend. His listings aren't great and the contact info he has there seems a bit suspect to me, lowest price I have seen on a mint 116500 as well. All flags which would have me looking other places.

Were the references he provided ones which you could speak to or email? I would never trust a seller who provided me with references of those I had to email versus call and speak with. Even then, would prefer someone who has bought and/or sold with a member on here. Whenever I sell on here, I treat people as I would like to be treated if I were the one sending the money. Communication is key.
He was adding his post counts 5-10 with "congrats" and short response.

I wouldn't be surprised he has more fake accounts out there just sitting idling, fishing for another victim in the future.
Old 9 October 2018, 04:29 PM   #64
vlps
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCR View Post
Looking at the courier website, several links are broken and do not redirect to anything and a WHOIS search reveals that the site was created on 6/22/2018. This certainly doesn’t look like a legit courier service to me. Looking further at the websites source code also reveals that the site has been “Mirrored” from another site. Also http://skye-express.com/index.html seems to be an exact copy of this site with a different name.
the seller said he was going to use fedex up until after the wire though (I was a victim as well)
vlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 04:30 PM   #65
jbk45
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many.
I appreciate all of the well wishes and sentiment shared here. To make matters more frustrating, i had surgery today and am immobile so stressing out about this is the last thing I need. Seller texted me saying he’d wire me a refund tomorrow and that after the watch arrives tomorrow, i can decide if i want to keep the watch and wire the fund back, or send the watch back and keep the refund. I am on the phone with my babknfirst thing in the morning in either case and will see if this delivery ever happens. It’s likely all part of the scam and i haven’t responded nor will i risk sending my bank account information so he can make additional attempts to defraud me.

I don’t have the wherewithal to respond to all of the very fair questions asked of me in this thread - i jumped the gun clearly and allowed all of the great previous experiences I’ve had to color my perception. Ive always fancied myself a savvy consumer and have never experienced or fallen for anything like this before. It’s embarassing and beyond frustrating but I had to share here in the event anyone could help and to raise the flag to spare other a similar fate.

I’ve not been around here long, nor do i post often, but I’ve been a stand up member and honest seller/buyer. This is probably going to end up being a very tough pill to swallow for me. I’ll post back tomorrow once I have a better sense of my options with the bank and authorities and will pursue this to any and every length possible.
jbk45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 04:32 PM   #66
MinMay
Banned

OP, maybe provide his information?

phone number? bank account info? name? etc? A lot of smart folks online who can help....
Old 9 October 2018, 04:33 PM   #67
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk45 View Post
I appreciate all of the well wishes and sentiment shared here. To make matters more frustrating, i had surgery today and am immobile so stressing out about this is the last thing I need. Seller texted me saying he’d wire me a refund tomorrow and that after the watch arrives tomorrow, i can decide if i want to keep the watch and wire the fund back, or send the watch back and keep the refund. I am on the phone with my babknfirst thing in the morning in either case and will see if this delivery ever happens.

I don’t have the wherewithal to respond to all of the very fair questions asked of me in this thread - i jumped the gun clearly and allowed all of the great previous experiences I’ve had to color my perception. It’s embarassinf and beyond frustrating but I had to share here in the event anyone could help and to raise the flag to spare other a similar fate.

I’ve not been around here long, nor do i post often, but I’ve been a stand up member and honest seller/buyer. This is probably going to end up being a very tough pill to swallow for me. I’ll post back tomorrow once I have a better sense of my options with the bank and authorities and will pursue this to any and every length possible.
Don't trust him....he is buying time.
Old 9 October 2018, 04:40 PM   #68
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Ugh this makes my stomach turn so sorry for you OP and vlps. Wish we could track these low-lifes down somehow, hopefully this can happen in your case!
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 04:48 PM   #69
vlps
"TRF" Member

My wire went through early last week so my chances at getting the money back probably isn't very high. Will head to the bank first thing in the morning and see if it's salvageable. For everyone saying to only buy from trusted members you make a fair point, but at the same time I am trying to sell my watches on here like everyone else, and I have no trade history. Am I going to rule out others when I myself want to begin building a trading relationship here? It's a murky area. Feel for the op since he obviously sent a fair bit more than me.
vlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 06:01 PM   #70
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
OP, maybe provide his information?

phone number? bank account info? name? etc? A lot of smart folks online who can help....
It wouldn't hurt to put that info out here but it probably won't help as the first account the money lands in is a middleman who most likely doesn't know anything. Even if they give up who they transferred the money to, it's probably out of the country so that's pretty much a dead end.

Even if you pursue it legally, it's unlikely anything would happen to the middleman as it's the same as you give cash to a courier who then drop it off at a bank. You'd have to prove that middle man was in on it and most likely, the middle man is some clueless stay-at-home mom or jobless dude who just answered an ad or spam email.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 07:27 PM   #71
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 116710er View Post
It wouldn't hurt to put that info out here but it probably won't help as the first account the money lands in is a middleman who most likely doesn't know anything. Even if they give up who they transferred the money to, it's probably out of the country so that's pretty much a dead end.

Even if you pursue it legally, it's unlikely anything would happen to the middleman as it's the same as you give cash to a courier who then drop it off at a bank. You'd have to prove that middle man was in on it and most likely, the middle man is some clueless stay-at-home mom or jobless dude who just answered an ad or spam email.
I don't see how the middle man is innocent, I'd get my money back starting there with all legal means possible
Old 9 October 2018, 09:08 PM   #72
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlps View Post
My wire went through early last week so my chances at getting the money back probably isn't very high. Will head to the bank first thing in the morning and see if it's salvageable. For everyone saying to only buy from trusted members you make a fair point, but at the same time I am trying to sell my watches on here like everyone else, and I have no trade history. Am I going to rule out others when I myself want to begin building a trading relationship here? It's a murky area. Feel for the op since he obviously sent a fair bit more than me.
Can you elaborate more on a link here to the watch you got burned on?
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 10:05 PM   #73
epc2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,Pam etc.
Quote:
+1 don't trust him , he won't send you anything this is a Scam, call your bank ASAP.
epc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 10:53 PM   #74
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, if he's still communicating sounds like he doesn't have the funds yet. You need to be contacting the bank STAT
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 10:58 PM   #75
edweather
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio Illuminator
This is a good thread, unfortunately for the wrong reason, but a lot can be learned. I also seem to remember the "my wife dropped off the package" excuse in another fairly recent scam thread.
Old 9 October 2018, 11:19 PM   #76
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

OP, not sure where you are in the country but contact a bank or subsidiary on East Coast which will be open now. Sooner you can raise the alarm the better your chances of halting the process.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 11:28 PM   #77
DaytonaSubmariner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
This makes my stomach hurt just reading this! So sorry for the OP. Nothing worse than this. Hope this works out for you.

When it comes to even buyers contacting me about my FS posting, I check them out.
No sense in going over what all has been said already regarding purchasing. It's all been said already.
DaytonaSubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 11:48 PM   #78
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Best wishes to you man!!
crazymcmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 12:34 AM   #79
JimHH
"TRF" Member

People like this drive me up the wall. Rooting for you to get your cash back.
JimHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 01:28 AM   #80
dan993
"TRF" Member

I'm sitting here hoping so hard that you get your money back asap.
dan993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 01:55 AM   #81
RLX_NY
"TRF" Member

Feel bad for the OP and other member, hope both of you are made whole and get your money back.

Some great advice has already been given from other members so I won't repeat the same but the only thing I will advise on is, if he/she/scammer is still in contact with you then they are trying to buy themselves more time. I know you said you just had surgery (speedy recovery) and immobile but try and get the process rolling asap you might still have a chance at getting your money back, time is of the essence.
RLX_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 02:18 AM   #82
05carbondrz
Banned

I hope You get your Money back but unfortunately most of these Threads don’t end happily.Most People find that nobody is there to help You when things go bad,A false sense of security.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 02:19 AM   #83
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Man, hope this works out for you!
Old 10 October 2018, 02:45 AM   #84
yashparikh03
"TRF" Member

Looks fraud to me .

Dont wait . Please report to authority.
yashparikh03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 03:02 AM   #85
Razorsedge1
"TRF" Member

Any update from bank? Best of luck getting your money back.
Razorsedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 03:38 AM   #86
JBZ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk45 View Post
I appreciate all of the well wishes and sentiment shared here. To make matters more frustrating, i had surgery today and am immobile so stressing out about this is the last thing I need. Seller texted me saying he’d wire me a refund tomorrow and that after the watch arrives tomorrow, i can decide if i want to keep the watch and wire the fund back, or send the watch back and keep the refund. I am on the phone with my babknfirst thing in the morning in either case and will see if this delivery ever happens. It’s likely all part of the scam and i haven’t responded nor will i risk sending my bank account information so he can make additional attempts to defraud me.
It sounds like you're not buying it at this point, but the idea that the seller would send you both the money and the watch on a $17,000 purchase and "let you decide" which you want to keep is more evidence that this is a scam. It's not likely part of the scam, it is part of the scam.

Don't delay talking with your bank - call them ASAP if your medical situation allows it. Unfortunately, if you wired the money I don't hold out a lot of hope for you getting it back, but the sooner the better.
JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 04:01 AM   #87
T435
"TRF" Member

That is so frustrating. Definitely more needs to be done by TRF to ID sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 04:07 AM   #88
function12
"TRF" Member

You need to watch America Greed The Jersey Score to find out what happens once you wire money.
https://view.yahoo.com/show/american...e-jersey-score
He played they system and won briefly. Once it leaves the bank and lands in a correctly identified account. It is GONE.
function12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 04:07 AM   #89
VanAdian
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSOTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T435 View Post

Dont think it is TRF's responsibility. Buyers take on all responsibility and risk when they decide to use a seller. TRF provides adequate tools and resources to do some due diligence on the seller.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - B. Russell
VanAdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 04:23 AM   #90
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T435 View Post

I think you meant "it is my opinion that more needs to be done to ID sellers prior to them selling here".

Do you have anything particular in mind?

1. Perhaps a fully sketched out syllogistic argument in premise/conclusion form, to support your proposition.

2. Following the acceptance of said argument being determined to be sound, the logistic program to be implemented, including the allocation of roles, responsibilities and laws governing the maintenance of user data, such as the new extensive GPDR laws in the EU.

... or was it just a throwaway statement?