The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 December 2010, 08:41 AM   #61
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
avoid carbs after lunch always helps, timings and correct food group combo's should allow you to eat what u want (god damm it, why dont i practice what i preach)

I need to loose some weight and want another Rolex, do you have any jobs going at your office

watching with interest

good luck on your quest

Paul

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 08:53 AM   #62
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
I could hire you Paul but you're smarter then I am... so then I'd be out of a job! (And a Rolex!)
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 10:06 AM   #63
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Good luck Paul Can't wait to see your new GMT
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 10:11 AM   #64
millertimeunc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six!
That is the coolest bet I've heard of in a long time. Best of luck, and remember, running is your friend!
millertimeunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 10:23 AM   #65
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Wow, you have an amazing boss, Paul! I have no doubt that you can pull this off! It's a VERY generous offer, so go for it and get'r done!

Looking forward to seeing your GMT in June!!!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 11:14 AM   #66
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
Merry Christmas to You Paul,and You can do it.Shoot for 25(You can do that also)and MAKE it happen.Here's the TRW plan,"Don't F****ng Eat".Can't wait to See Your new GMT2C Paul,Now excuse me I gotta Go Eat.
That's brutal Tim!!

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 11:15 AM   #67
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
Sorry good luck Paul - you can do it buddy

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 11:34 AM   #68
rolexguynfl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: my avatar move...
Good Luck Paul. I'm sure you'll do it with that goal in mind.

116518-MDL ♛ 126600 SD43 Mark I
rolexguynfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 12:04 PM   #69
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

Hi Paul,

It wasn't easy but I lost about 20 lbs. I bought a $400 vitamix from this site
http://www.vitamix.com/index.asp and was working out. I now juice fruits and vegetables with plain greek yogurt and ground flax seed and sip it during the day to stave off hunger. I stopped working out and was on vacation so gained a few pounds back but am dieting again. I also eat some delicious 100 calorie crackers made from organic ingredients by Doctor Kracker. The seedlander crackers are delicious! Have them with plain albacore tuna right from the foil bag. The cracker and tuna are filling and the whole lunch is about 190 calories max if you eat the whole bag of tuna. Do that with juicing and eat a good dinner. You will have that GMT on your wrist in no time. !!!! Best of luck my friend. Picture that watch on your wrist, stay focussed and you will succeed.
http://greenshopper.com/SearchProduc...=dr.%20kracker

Lee
ingoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 12:20 PM   #70
Raucky
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss Wht V
easy...if your 25% body fat or more it'll come right off if your driven to do it!
Raucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 12:23 PM   #71
mfer
"TRF" Member

Nice Paul. Good luck man, but who am I kidding. You won't need luck, you got the right motivation!
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 12:25 PM   #72
oct2121
Banned

Watch: Rolex Sub TT 16613
OMG!
For 17 lbs contest I will do this deal in a second. First, it will be a healthy choice for you and second you get a new Rolex for free. Go ahead and do it. The risk vs. rewards are like day and night. That is a no brainer.
I have two very famous pro poker player friends very well known from TV WSOP championship but I will not name them so that I don't get in trouble. The deal was for one to love 60 lbs in a year for $100K reward. The guy lost 60 lbs in less then a year and got cash $100K. He was 285 lbs and got to 225 plus his cash.

Che,
oct2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 03:28 AM   #73
pz93c
"TRF" Member

And he's looking good, che.

Heard about that bet. That one and the no meat for a year.
pz93c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 06:58 AM   #74
TheVTCGuy
Banned

GUYS!!!!! I am SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!

OK, so, it's been almost two weeks.... I excercise (almost) every day, which hasn't changed, but what HAS changed is my intake of food. Here is my typical day.

Breakfast: Bowl of fruit and my Chai Tea. Maybe... 300 Calories(?).

Lunch: Either More fruit, or a slim-fast shake, or if I'm really hungry, a tuna sandwich. Another.... 300 Calories(?).

Dinner: A good example is last night, I had 4 Ounces of Ahi tuna, on a bed of greens with some vegitables. For snacks I usually have either more fruit or an eat-rite bar wich is 140 calories. Bottom line, NOT including my excercise, I am limiting myself to 1400 calories a day, usually less then that; by my count I am doing somewhere around 1100.

I am DEDICATED, I don't give in and grab the candy bar here and there, or cake, or cookies, or NOTHING.

It's been almost two weeks, and I have lost.... BARELY ONE (1) POUND!!!!!

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll NEVER get that GMT II!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 December 2010, 07:09 AM   #75
TheCanadian
Banned

Watch: GMTIIc, TTDJ2
Keep working hard don't give up. Make sure you exercise and do some weights as well as cardio, you'll see a difference in no time. Your eating habits are good and rest is very important as well. You'll get your GMT just keep at it.
TheCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 07:10 AM   #76
smallcandle
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, Omega PO
Try eating at least one apple a day and some celery in the evening. Those are both negative calorie foods and can help jump-start your metabolism. Also, drink plenty of cold water throughout the day. Your body will burn more calories drinking cold water.

Remember, losing weight is all about burning more calories than you take in. Remain persistant and you'll find your 'key' to weight loss...

Things got out of control and I had to stab a clown...
smallcandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 07:49 AM   #77
Jason71
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor Divers
Paul,
Let me tell you about my lifestyle change. I have put probably about 40 extra pounds on in the last 25 years since High school (I am 39). Back in September, I decided that it was time for a change. I felt sluggish, stupid, and tired all the time. I was 6'0" and weighed 217 lbs.

I decided that I really didn't want to change my eating habits (other than cutting down on portion size), but thought that I should start exercising. I had really become quite sedentary for about 10 years now. I do some active things, but nothing that was the aerobic type exercise. I started running. My wife runs, and is a size 2 in women's clothes. I really don't know any "runners" that are overweight. I don't have much free time during the day due to work, kids, etc. so I decided to steal an hour from my sleep in the mornings. I started getting out of bed at 5am and running on a treadmill. At first, I could only run for ~ 8minutes before I was so out of breath that I had to slow way down and rest.

I ran for about a month, running for 30 minutes everyday. It was so hard on my knees that I was afraid that my exercise routine was in jeopardy. I decided that I could maybe fast-walk on the treadmill on an incline. My only goal was a more healthy cardiovascular system and weight loss. I was only looking to achieve my 2 goals and get to a predetermined target heart rate (a heart-rate in the 140s) for 30 minutes per day.

At first, I could only walk at an incline of 10 (our treadmill goes from 0-15) and was really tired and out of breath at a speed of 3.2mph in about 15 minutes. I have slowly built-up my stamina and my endurance that I am now at 4.0mph and speed walk at an incline of 15 for 45 minutes per day which totals 3 miles. It takes me just 45 minutes per day and I have lost 27 pounds in 3 months. I find that my appetite is decreased, and I don't eat some of the "bad" stuff for me anymore because of how it makes me feel in the mornings when I am exercising.

I have been so excited about the weight that I have lost and the fact that my clothes don't fit anymore. The best part.........I have actually had to take a link out of each one of my watches.

I actually treated myself to something REALLY special because I have stuck with this for so long. I bought my grail, and it will be here on Wednesday

I plan to NEVER go away from this lifestyle change and am waiting to see where I end-up before I go and buy a new wardrobe. The exercising is really almost addicting, and I feel guilty if I miss a day.

Sorry for being so long-winded, but I just hope that maybe I could send a little encouragement your way. You can do this thing. It is not that difficult, and it is fully achievable.........ESPECIALLY if you have a goal and some motive. It sounds as if you have both.

P.S. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER (like someone already suggested). THEY RECOMMEND 64 oz. WATER PER DAY, BUT I DRINK NEARLY DOUBLE THAT.

BTW, here is your picture

Just Say "NO" to Polishing
Card-Carrying Member of the Global Association of Retro-Grouch Curmudgeons
LIfe is too short to wear inexpensive watches
PLEXI IS SEXY
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 09:21 AM   #78
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
I think you're doing good. Don't forget that weight loss sometimes starts up very slowly. As many suggested before, make sure to drink a lot of water. Don't give up!
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 09:59 AM   #79
wheelnut
"TRF" Member

I think at the moment your body is getting used to the lack of calorie intake, pretty soon it will have to start burning the fat, I did the Atkins and it took 2 weeks before any change started to happen. I think your body is 'sorting itself out' to deal with what amounts to a different chemical/biological input. I am sure that about now you should start seeing the pounds start to drop.
I am sure that somebody more knowledgeable and informed could explain this better.
wheelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 10:25 AM   #80
Slick69
Banned

Too little food intake will cause your body to go into starvation mode and you won't burn as much as you think. Drink plenty of water, eat frequent small meals, and try to go for a 30min walk every evening after dinner. You'll get there.

Also, weigh yourself at the same time every morning, about 3-4 days apart. You can fluctuate 2-3 lbs a day.
Slick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 12:26 PM   #81
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Hey Jason, thank you very much for posting my pic! Ahhh... if only I could be like that again....

And thanks Jason and everyone else for the encouragement, we'll see what I weigh tomorrow. I "Splurged" today and had a dinner of chicken over rice. I feel guilty as hell but really good physically, LOT's of energy. I am still below my 1400 calorie limit!
Old 21 December 2010, 12:58 PM   #82
Rolex Freak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/GS
Paul think of it this way. 17lbs in 6 months = 2.83 lbs per month. Let's say 3 lbs per month to be safe. 3 lbs per month = .75 lbs per week, so to be safe let's say 1 lbs per week. That's nothing to lose in that time frame. Average a pound per week and in 6 months you'll have lost about 25 lbs. Just a few extra to be on the safe side. Try to incorporate a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet in addition to some mild exercise 3x per week, say walking or light jogging for 30 mins and cut out the fried foods, sweets, fast foods and you'll be home free guaranteed. Personally I think your boss wants to buy you watch, so make him and all of us proud. Good luck and keep us posted, and I mean weekly with your officially weigh ins.
Rolex Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 01:05 PM   #83
Rolex Freak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
GUYS!!!!! I am SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!

OK, so, it's been almost two weeks.... I excercise (almost) every day, which hasn't changed, but what HAS changed is my intake of food. Here is my typical day.

Breakfast: Bowl of fruit and my Chai Tea. Maybe... 300 Calories(?).

Lunch: Either More fruit, or a slim-fast shake, or if I'm really hungry, a tuna sandwich. Another.... 300 Calories(?).

Dinner: A good example is last night, I had 4 Ounces of Ahi tuna, on a bed of greens with some vegitables. For snacks I usually have either more fruit or an eat-rite bar wich is 140 calories. Bottom line, NOT including my excercise, I am limiting myself to 1400 calories a day, usually less then that; by my count I am doing somewhere around 1100.

I am DEDICATED, I don't give in and grab the candy bar here and there, or cake, or cookies, or NOTHING.

It's been almost two weeks, and I have lost.... BARELY ONE (1) POUND!!!!!

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll NEVER get that GMT II!!!!!!!!!
Paul it's only been two weeks. Some times it takes a couple weeks or months for your body to respond and show results. Just keep at it and you'll see what mean.
Rolex Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 01:11 PM   #84
hdrazor251
"TRF" Member

Watch: is recovered!!
Water water and more water
hdrazor251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 01:27 PM   #85
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

cmon paul u cannnnnn dooooo it!

Lee
ingoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2011, 09:46 AM   #86
Yazo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Any updates??
Yazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2011, 10:55 AM   #87
girltime
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Sub 16613
Paul,

You got this hands down. There is no doubt in my mind you will reach your goal. We're talking a Rolex here.

My hubby and had put on extra weight in the last year, and just a couple weeks ago we set out to try Weight Watchers on-line. We like it that we can use our own food. Yesterday, we weighed ourselves and he had lost 10 lbs and I 11 lbs in just 2 weeks.

We all try doing a best effort on our own first, but if it gets to the point that you may want to try another option, I give WW a

We do drink a lot of water, spinach salads, fruits, and fish. We enjoy our weekend drinks and we track them on our plans.

girltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2011, 11:04 AM   #88
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
I am also very curious to get a progress update...you are almost three months into this challenge, so hopefully you are halfway to your goal!
Old 8 March 2011, 11:38 AM   #89
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Yeah,

How are you going big boy?

Lost any weight yet?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2011, 11:39 AM   #90
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Thanks for bringing it up! I'm T - 9 pounds and counting (That is, 9 pounds to go). I am combining my weight loss with my heart maintenance. On August 30th I have my every-other-year heart stress test, so I've been doing the stress test on the treadmill at my gym every other day. Currently, I'm at 8 and 1/2 minutes for a 80% reading of my maximum pulse rate for my age, which is when the treadmill at the gym automatically shuts off. My last test two years ago, I did 15 minutes before reaching 100% pulse rate, I figure if I can get to about 10 or 11 minutes at 80%, I've got a good shot at breaking my last test results. I'm ON A MISSION to do better then last time

That has kind of taken priority over my diet, and I am sure I have gained some muscle mass, so I am not concerned it's taken this long just to lose 8 pounds. (Oh, and I'll have until the end of the year to reach my goal, since my boss is not doing very well in his weight loss efforts ).

I'm feeling better and more like my old self since devoting time and energy to excercise, I'm confident I'll get that GMT!