The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 September 2018, 11:04 AM   #31
bradyb
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
It's whatever color you think it is. Perfect.
bradyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 02:52 PM   #32
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAY View Post
I love the colors in the catalogue, I just saw a few pics that looked very different from the catalogue and therefore posed the simple question for those who’ve seen it in person. That’s all.
I never said it was more than that And I did my best to directly answer your question about the colors. So... yeah.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 03:33 PM   #33
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
There seems to be a conspiracy to lessen interest on this beautiful watch.
Not sure if serious.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 03:45 PM   #34
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
The beauty and dynamic nature of the Rolex ceramic bezels is that they offer different colors in different lighting. I love this about them, whether it’s the LVc or the Platona, or in this case the BLRO.

With a purple-striped shirt

Old 19 September 2018, 03:53 PM   #35
Robbyman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Pepsi/Sub
‘I’ve been looking online’

I am not allowed to say what I think of you. How about seeing it for real?
Robbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 05:58 PM   #36
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Bound to be mentioned at least every other month and subject of fierce debate for years, unfortunately.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 08:26 PM   #37
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
All I see is red and blue....

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 08:54 PM   #38
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I wish I had one to complain about
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 10:26 PM   #39
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I wish I had one to complain about
You and me both.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 10:46 PM   #40
Double Barrel
Banned

The white gold one, same as the SS, have a pink-ish red color but nothing too worrisome.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 10:57 PM   #41
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Nearing sunset on vacation today.

Old 19 September 2018, 11:01 PM   #42
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
I’ve been looking at the new BLRO online and it appears the red looks pinkish? Has anyone else seen that? Perhaps it’s just the lighting for those pictures. Can you post a pic of your BLRO if you have one?
Depends on the calibration of your monitor and white balance of the image
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 03:35 AM   #43
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHorton View Post
So you saw one and watched some videos and now your opinion matters more? Lol.

A lot of us have seen the BLRO in person, just because we didn't buy it because the colors aren't appealing doesn't mean your opinion is more valuable.
So you are telling me you saw a BLRO and passed on a watch that has a market value twice as much as soon as you walk out the store ? You are implying you saw it, had the opportunity to buy it,and walked away ? current conditions do not support your statement I am sorry to say, for not saying
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 03:38 AM   #44
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
This again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 September 2018, 04:09 AM   #45
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Quote:
So you are telling me you saw a BLRO and passed on a watch that has a market value twice as much as soon as you walk out the store ? You are implying you saw it, had the opportunity to buy it,and walked away ? current conditions do not support your statement I am sorry to say, for not saying
More have seen the WG one.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 04:45 AM   #46
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
More have seen the WG one.
Not everyone, which is why this is so frustrating. I don't really care what people think the colors are or are not, its the fact that no one noticed its the same bezel that has been out for a while. Not new, not shocking, not controversial. Now its in SS and people are now unable to take a look because there are none to see, but before that it was sitting at every AD ready to try on. Well, not everyone didn't notice or handle the WG one, but still its a lot who didn't. I try on everything, even if im not a buyer and i get that at PM prices many didn't consider buying one.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 04:47 AM   #47
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
I’ve been looking at the new BLRO online and it appears the red looks pinkish? Has anyone else seen that? Perhaps it’s just the lighting for those pictures. Can you post a pic of your BLRO if you have one?
Maybe we’re all pink ?
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 05:14 AM   #48
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Maybe we’re all pink ?
Speak for yourself! I’m magenta
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 05:27 AM   #49
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Speak for yourself! I’m magenta

Yeah Chadri , I guess there are different shades...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 05:27 AM   #50
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf, DD40, SkyD.
Quote:
Yep, I tried on a WG BLRO about 3 years ago, passed on it in favor of the Smurf because the colors were unappealing to me. Tried it again last year, thinking maybe it would have grown on me, but still had the same feeling about the cranberry/blueberry bezel and didn't purchase it. Identical to the SS.

I really wish Rolex made a different WG sport model with a black dial like the BLNR. I'd trade my SS BLNR in a heartbeat for the WG version, I much prefer PM.
DocHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 05:38 AM   #51
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I thought we were all supposed to be colour blind now, come on guys it's 2018, women can vote and everything!
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 05:43 AM   #52
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I really wish Rolex made a different WG sport model with a black dial like the BLNR. I'd trade my SS BLNR in a heartbeat for the WG version, I much prefer PM.
as much as i agree with the sentiment, i think thats the reason its not in WG, because the BLNR is in SS.

The sky dweller and the BLRO moved into SS probably due to lack of demand. I still think the WG BLRO sold well for white PM standards but it still wasn't enough probably. The Sky D was the romans or arabics i didn't like and then they went and made the dial more appealing and discontinued the WG. BLRO was similar. I loved the WG but wasn't sold on the oyster, they made on a Jubilee which was more appealing to me and also in SS. A WG jubilee version would be epic. So to me, they didn't necessarily need to change both the dial or bracelet AND the metal but they did.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 21 September 2018, 06:02 AM   #53
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
It doesn't have anything to do with cameras. I will say the colors do change somewhat with lighting. I have seen both models in person.

I have seen too many to count of the WG model. I told myself I would buy one if I ever found a bezel that was actually red/blue. I still don't own one so that should tell you something. The colors have grown on me over time though.

I have a friend who has the new model on jubilee and I will say it appears to be the exact same bezel. It's a beautiful watch and the colors seem "softer" than the metal bezel. It doesn't make it ugly, it doesn't mean it's not an attractive watch (especially on jubilee - I think it looks good) but every single bezel I have seen has a pinkish/ purple tone to the "red/blue" . I'm shocked anyone can deny that, especially someone who owns it.
Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 06:06 AM   #54
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalf123 View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with cameras. I will say the colors do change somewhat with lighting. I have seen both models in person.

I have seen too many to count of the WG model. I told myself I would buy one if I ever found a bezel that was actually red/blue. I still don't own one so that should tell you something. The colors have grown on me over time though.

I have a friend who has the new model on jubilee and I will say it appears to be the exact same bezel. It's a beautiful watch and the colors seem "softer" than the metal bezel. It doesn't make it ugly, it doesn't mean it's not an attractive watch (especially on jubilee - I think it looks good) but every single bezel I have seen has a pinkish/ purple tone to the "red/blue" . I'm shocked anyone can deny that, especially someone who owns it.
i agree with the first part, but not the second. Its not aluminum bezel red/ blue but its not pink/purple either. I have never seen that, ever. except when i am taking pics of the watch on my iPhone.

if soft red automatically jumps to pink and soft blue jumps to purple then i guess its just on the definition of what constitutes a color name. Pink to me is the color of cotton candy and purple is the color of Barney the dinosaur. The bezel is not that.
Old 21 September 2018, 06:07 AM   #55
HNIC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex collector

Next to a bright red Nike shirt...

HNIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 06:19 AM   #56
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
I’ll know for sure next Friday.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 06:22 AM   #57
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
I’ll know for sure next Friday.

you will love it
Old 21 September 2018, 07:05 AM   #58
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep, I tried on a WG BLRO about 3 years ago, passed on it in favor of the Smurf because the colors were unappealing to me. Tried it again last year, thinking maybe it would have grown on me, but still had the same feeling about the cranberry/blueberry bezel and didn't purchase it. Identical to the SS.

Ah ok, you saw a WG my apologies then. Well hey, the SMURF is a GREAT BEAUty congratulations and wear it in good health. If there was a Smurf in SS I would buy one for sure. Sadly in WG it is out of reach for me.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 07:23 AM   #59
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
I want one
Watch This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 01:23 AM   #60
afaber12
"TRF" Member

No. The colors do change in different light, and is definitely affected by the different color scales of certain cameras, but it’s not generally pink.

The red, believe it or not, actually looks blue/purple at certain angles and in certain lighting conditions. It’s really a remarkable bezel, but it’s definitely “different” from what people are used to. It does not have that same “metalic” look of the traditional black cerachrom bezel.

It’s one of those things that’s going to take time for people to become comfortable with. This whole conversation is going to shift as these pieces become more widely available.

afaber12 is offline   Reply With Quote