The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 December 2022, 11:39 PM   #751
FLGatorM5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Anyone ever trade in their espresso maker/grinder and go to a super automatic?

I think I’m just over it and want easy + more milk based stuff. Easy to make, easy for my wife (for the love of God let us get rid of the Keurig) easy to clean, durable enough for 1-2 drinks a day and maybe some fun stuff on weekends.

Tried the Jura ENA8 and was disappointed, believing that the main issue was the small “portafilter” capacity. On paper it made sense for us but was only pulling 10g shots. Coffee was watery despite me adjusting every setting.

I’ve been stalking Costco for a Jura E6 or E8 on sale, but so far no luck (or stock).

Any advice here from those that have made this move?
FLGatorM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2022, 09:26 AM   #752
Gazza74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGatorM5 View Post
Anyone ever trade in their espresso maker/grinder and go to a super automatic?

I think I’m just over it and want easy + more milk based stuff. Easy to make, easy for my wife (for the love of God let us get rid of the Keurig) easy to clean, durable enough for 1-2 drinks a day and maybe some fun stuff on weekends.

Tried the Jura ENA8 and was disappointed, believing that the main issue was the small “portafilter” capacity. On paper it made sense for us but was only pulling 10g shots. Coffee was watery despite me adjusting every setting.

I’ve been stalking Costco for a Jura E6 or E8 on sale, but so far no luck (or stock).

Any advice here from those that have made this move?

Just made this move, although in my case I lived with the semi-automatic for 2 weeks and quickly realized it wasn’t for me.

I did a lot of research and had a the Jura E6, Mille CM5310 and a couple of Gaggia models as my final 4. I ended up getting the Gaggia Cadorna Prestige which arrived yesterday. I eliminated the Jura due to the daily & weekly cleaning requirement looking like a hassle, and selected this Gaggia because of the ease of use and daily cleaning of the milk carafe, as well as reports that the coffee was actually hot as opposed to many other models.

I like the interface and that you can save to 4 different profiles. I got it for the milk based drinks as I’ll usually do strong coffee or Greek/Turkish coffee to get my morning started. At the finest grind setting and strongest coffee selection, the espresso that the Gaggia makes is strong enough for me. Lastly, the convenience factor is unbeatable.

Hopefully my ramblings help.
Gazza74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2022, 09:10 PM   #753
FLGatorM5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Thanks! I’ll check it out and do some research.
FLGatorM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 04:12 PM   #754
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
After 15 years 'doing my apprenticeship' on a Diadema Perfetta (single boiler) & Rancilio Rocky grinder, I have put the cash on the barrel-head and moved up to a new set-up.
The new outfit is a Rocket Mozzafiato Cronometro Evoluzione R plus a Profitec Pro M54 grinder.
I am a 'dyed-in-the-wool' enthusiast, so both machines have to be as "manual" as possible. The Mozzafiato is an HX machine - I could have had aProfitec Dual-boiler for less money but really I do not need a DB and the Rocket is so pretty.
Likewise the Profitec Grinder is not electronic - no troublesome electronics to fail. Just a good-looking well made manual machine with a good range of settings.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 07:08 PM   #755
milov
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
After 15 years 'doing my apprenticeship' on a Diadema Perfetta (single boiler) & Rancilio Rocky grinder, I have put the cash on the barrel-head and moved up to a new set-up.
The new outfit is a Rocket Mozzafiato Cronometro Evoluzione R plus a Profitec Pro M54 grinder.
I am a 'dyed-in-the-wool' enthusiast, so both machines have to be as "manual" as possible. The Mozzafiato is an HX machine - I could have had aProfitec Dual-boiler for less money but really I do not need a DB and the Rocket is so pretty.
Likewise the Profitec Grinder is not electronic - no troublesome electronics to fail. Just a good-looking well made manual machine with a good range of settings.
Well Done. This was my first dual boiler machine. It absolutely pours great espresso. My only fault was it took longer to build up pressure in the morning than I would have liked. But you can fix this by installing a programable power adaptor.
milov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 08:00 PM   #756
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Hey Milov. I just switch it on after I come home from my run in the morning and then go and have a shower. By the time I am fresh it is raring to go and I am ready for a great Espresso (and a piece of cake).
The Diadema spoilt me a bit however as I had developed my technique to get exactly the sort of pour that I wanted - a lot of stuffing around - but the end result was usually awesome. Now I have to finess the new machine to get the same result.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 08:57 PM   #757
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Great machine Congrats
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2023, 05:37 AM   #758
milov
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey Milov. I just switch it on after I come home from my run in the morning and then go and have a shower. By the time I am fresh it is raring to go and I am ready for a great Espresso (and a piece of cake).
The Diadema spoilt me a bit however as I had developed my technique to get exactly the sort of pour that I wanted - a lot of stuffing around - but the end result was usually awesome. Now I have to finess the new machine to get the same result.

Love your morning routine. But I must be sipping coffee within ten minutes of getting out of bed.

Hope you enjoy the tweaking process. I can't see any scales in the picture. But a set of good scales are so useful for getting the grind in/brew plus time out factors into play. I use acaia scales.
milov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2023, 11:36 AM   #759
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
TRF ~ Coffee Lovers Thread!

Quote:
O' Hell Yeah! That looks Awesome! Congratulations and Enjoy!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2023, 11:42 AM   #760
BNA/LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
Sigri is a good estate in PNG, try a AA from them its fantastic if its an on crop year.
I googled "Sigri is a good estate in PNG" and there are a few. Can you post a link to the one you suggested? Also, is this a on crop year? I see it is currently unavailable at Armenia coffee corp.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Old 14 January 2023, 11:48 AM   #761
BNA/LION

Always searching for the perfect cup of coffee...

These are up next. What are you all trying or liking these days?

Old 30 January 2024, 05:06 AM   #762
BNA/LION

Sometimes when you're out of town and run out of coffee, you gotta drink what's there...

Old 30 January 2024, 05:32 AM   #763
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
What are you all trying or liking these days?
https://kauaicoffee.com/collections/...22b6c821&_ss=c

My favorite coffee from my favorite roaster.

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 12:44 PM   #764
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Always searching for the perfect cup of coffee...

These are up next. What are you all trying or liking these days?
Drinking Handege (Kenya) from Huck this week. Great as a single cup pour over or a French press.
Maleg is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kona