The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 14 August 2017, 12:30 AM   #121
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Rude much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice&fred View Post
you can't be serious about your statement on the bezel? i own a 40mm yachtmaster exactly like yours and while i like it i'm realistic about the delicate surface of the platinum bezel, and it's practically common knowledge in the rolex world that the matte section of the bezel is extremely difficult to refinish if scratched and shows ANY imperfections quite vividly.

while i love my yachtmaster and appreciate your enthusiasm for yours, it's a bit over the top for you to effusively gush in every post and ignore reality that the watch is bulky, heavy and prone to getting knocked and showing any imperfections to the bezel quite noticeably. reviews like this are entertaining but let's keep them grounded and factual for the sake of people thinking about making the same purchase. it's a great watch and distinctive looking but it's far from the life changing possession that you are making it out to be. not to be rude, but i'm also Filipino and am embarrassed with the typical overly dramatic but lacking in substance nature of your review.
The bezel issues you cite (but which I haven't seen as a problem with my 17 year old SS/PL Yachtmaster) have been covered in other threads. This is a stunning watch in ways described in this post. Subtle, yet it seems to glow in certain light. The dial sparkles in the sun and yet non-watch people don't see a 'statement' like the deapsea or the gold DD. The posters on this thread have captured the art in the craft of creating this beautiful, if now discontinued version of this stunning rolex.
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2017, 10:03 PM   #122
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorsban View Post
True!
The nice thing about Yachtmasters tho is they're so undervalued that they're easy to find at a low price in case you want one again.
i 100% agree.. i think the YM's name might be part of reason. the name makes it appear to be less of a "tool" or "every day" watch and more of a snob piece. at least in my circle of rolex fans, people like my YM but won't ever buy one over a Sub and Explorer. oh well, to each their own.

on a side note, i do think used prices have somewhat began to stabilize after many years of initial big depreciation hits. it also helps that that rolex is not currently selling the ss platinum bezel at retail.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 01:10 PM   #123
JSMesser
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yacht Master pt&ss
Regardless...

Regardless of what some feel or think, this is & shall remain ICONIC. Perhaps not for everyone but, it's terrific on my wrist & style. Enjoy yours!
JSMesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2018, 07:46 PM   #124
Mikeys23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Yachtmaster
The curvaceous style of the case and the elegance of polished steel of the bracelet with a luxurious platinum beauty of the bezel... what more can you ask for? Sporty yet subtle to use for a suit & tie! :)
Apir!!!

Last edited by Mikeys23; 3 December 2018 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: Wrong grammar ;)
Mikeys23 is offline   Reply With Quote