The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 12 October 2021, 09:44 PM   #271
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miccro View Post
WTF is this thread on about - this is pure garbage now

if you Won the case and got your money back that was on hold- it means the original transaction IE the sale of the watch was valid. Therefore you owe him the watch!!

The fact that you received the watch and resold it before the case was ruled on, means you invalidated the whole thing.

there for you 100% owe him the money back!

madness

and this is from bragging about finding a 2$ watch... you've managed to scam someone out of 3.7K and resell the watch again.

im not sure why you haven't been banned from here either ...
How many more people from Australia are going to pop up out of nowhere?

Why don't you first read the topic and what has happened, because obviously you didn't and you don't understand. OP didn't do anything wrong. Likely eBay will give the money back to the first buyer and it's dealt with.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2021, 09:55 PM   #272
miccro
Banned

Watch: 5513,1675,1680
“Pop up”- I’ve been here for years …

What has anything got to do with me being in australia ?

Im not affiliated with any party on the thread

Like most I was in the OP’s side up until the point he started insulting people

I’ve read the whole thread

As I understand it, what has been written says that the OP has sold the watch and kept the 3.7k, further more he’s openly insulted other members that have been around a lot longer than he has.

Insulting anyone on here shouldn’t be tolerated

As far as I’m concerned this thread should be locked anyway.

I’m done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miccro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2021, 10:27 PM   #273
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As I understand it, what has been written says that the OP has sold the watch and kept the 3.7k,
He said he can't refund it through eBay.

If that's actually the case why refund the 4k through another channel and then x months later eBay comes back and takes another 4k from him and he's SOL. I bet you would do that right. And I doubt he would get back his 4k.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2021, 10:33 PM   #274
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
“Pop up”- I’ve been here for years …

What has anything got to do with me being in australia ?

Im not affiliated with any party on the thread

As I understand it, what has been written says that the OP has sold the watch and kept the 3.7k, further more he’s openly insulted other members that have been around a lot longer than he has.

As far as I’m concerned this thread should be locked anyway.

I’m done with it

Given how many times the buyer has created new usernames on this forum, people are just naturally suspicious. Can’t blame Wahlberg!

Many of us have said it already - the OP can’t refund the money given the lack of option within eBay so best to just let eBay do it’s thing.

Stop jumping to conclusions.
alwayshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2021, 11:01 PM   #275
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDII View Post
No way I would go around eBay and refund the money. Give it time, they may reverse their decision again and you’ll be the one out $8k.

Jojo, I would sit tight, leave that money in a account and wait at least 6 months.

I had this happen once before and it tooks months to resolve.

What a mess. Good luck.
This ^^^

Eventually the money is going to go back to the buyer, best to work with Ebay in order to find the best way - and in the meantime, don't spend it.
Old 12 October 2021, 11:07 PM   #276
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
This ^^^

Eventually the money is going to go back to the buyer, best to work with Ebay in order to find the best way - and in the meantime, don't spend it.

According to OP’s posts which are number 199 and 223 on this thread seem to imply otherwise.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 01:51 AM   #277
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This above is such BS! I don't know you (on or offline) never had ANY correspondence with you (on or offline) and for darn sure NEVER insulted you!

There's only one member here since I've been a member on this forum that I've had any insulting words with, and that member was/is @MrGoat.

And from what I just read, that member was/is man enough to have made an open and public apology for his prior insulting comments......................for which I accept!

So, I to sincerely apologize to said member for my insulting prior comments @MrGoat and hope that you will so humbly accept as well? My sincere apologizes!
JoJo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 02:06 AM   #278
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
Guys, how about we just end it here and scrape away with an unlocked thread and no suspensions.
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 02:10 AM   #279
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
A $2 Tudor (trash or treasure?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo78 View Post
This above is such BS! I don't know you (on or offline) never had ANY correspondence with you (on or offline) and for darn sure NEVER insulted you!

There's only one member here since I've been a member on this forum that I've had any insulting words with, and that member was/is @MrGoat.

And from what I just read, that member was/is man enough to have made an open and public apology for his prior insulting comments......................for which I accept!

So, I to sincerely apologize to said member for my insulting prior comments @MrGoat and hope that you will so humbly accept as well? My sincere apologizes!

Apology accepted!! I also agree OP, I am not aware of any other personal insults being thrown around except between us. That matter is handled and I believe we are both encouraged by how we each have handled it, therefore I don’t see it being a problem moving forward.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 02:21 AM   #280
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
He said he can't refund it through eBay.

If that's actually the case why refund the 4k through another channel and then x months later eBay comes back and takes another 4k from him and he's SOL. I bet you would do that right. And I doubt he would get back his 4k.

Agreed!

I contacted eBay and they couldn't go into any details (their words) regarding their case findings as I wasn't the member who opened the case initially. But what they did say was: "based on his history" (whatever that means?) and ALL of their findings within the case, they choose to rule in my favor based on their investigation.

They also advised me not to have any contact with buyer1 and to not conduct any transactions outside of eBay with buyer1................................and if I so chose to, it will be at my own risk.

I would also like to say.....I agree with most of you all who believe he deserves his money back as the watch was returned (regardless of him being a Super-Dick). But I'm going to safely assume there will be an appeals process by buyer1 and thus the reason for eBay's comments regarding transactions (bank-to-bank wire transfer) outside of eBay will be at my own risk.

I'm going to further assume that, "based on his history" (past return abuses?, his berating & insults during the case process, his threats during the process, etc. etc.) gave them (eBay) further reasoning to reverse their original decision for buyer1?
Old 13 October 2021, 06:00 AM   #281
Kingsking
"TRF" Member

Great . Now that all of that is behind us... who bought the watch? lol I wanna see it get opened up and fixed. Part of me wishes I had bought it so it would be my problem.
Old 13 October 2021, 06:29 AM   #282
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
I would have given you $4 for it.
A hundred percent profit is always great on your investments!
JK.....

I must say that this thread has kept me entertained since it began, and I find that the OP has proven himself to be an honest man.
Beo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 06:42 AM   #283
panchoskywalker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsking View Post
Great . Now that all of that is behind us... who bought the watch? lol I wanna see it get opened up and fixed. Part of me wishes I had bought it so it would be my problem.
The new owner hasn't showed up so I guess he's not aware of this thread.
panchoskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 07:17 AM   #284
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

I'd just like to add...

Below are screenshots I found via a Google search using his name and/or handle. They're past threads regarding buyer1 by current(?) TRF members I see he tried to scam as well. I tried to log into these threads, but I assume they have been locked(?) as I was unable to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2453.jpg (59.5 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2454.jpg (47.1 KB, 294 views)
Old 13 October 2021, 07:27 AM   #285
dhknola
"TRF" Member

This thread could only get wilder if Luke Rotterdam is the second buyer.
dhknola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 07:30 AM   #286
Ryan
"TRF" Member

I vote keep the thread open…just needs a few more twists and turns to make the top 10 of all time. I’m waiting on buyer 2 to show up and claim it's a fake…that the movement is actually a quartz Timex and the original owner was actually trying to replace the battery when they used an ice pick to try and open the case back.

Personally, I would have had it open roughly 15 minutes after I got it home. Couple of screw threads wouldn’t have been much of a match for my dad’s awesome set of tools…he’s a tv repairman by the way. But then it would just be another thread, nowhere near this amount of fun.

Take the money and throw a party…karma loves parties.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2021, 08:58 AM   #287
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
my dad’s awesome set of tools…he’s a tv repairman
You should change your screen name to Spicoli
Beo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 02:59 AM   #288
BDII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 126710 BLRO
I a world where nothing gets resolved and no one can ever agree, it’s great to see most everyone land on the same page!

Sit on that money, sir! My prediction is this is not over.
BDII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 10:48 AM   #289
baumare
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Take the money and throw a party…karma loves parties.

Best suggestion so far, I'll pm my address for the invitation...
baumare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 08:20 PM   #290
skorN83
"TRF" Member

What a read.
skorN83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 06:20 AM   #291
NickD1975
"TRF" Member

I missed most of the drama, but for what it’s worth I’m an ebay seller and I’ve had exactly the same think happen as the OP, albeit for a far cheaper item.

Sold a pair of shoes, buyer had them a few days and forced a refund based on condition (I don’t accept refunds but ebay can force you to take them). I got the shoes back and they were in a demonstrably different condition than I sent them. Raised it with ebay and they found in my favour - I got to keep the money and the shoes. Sold the shoes for a fraction of the original sale price as the buyer had ruined them.

So my buyer ended up with no goods and also without his money. He was abusive and a liar, I had no sympathy for him at all. This is the same situation IMO, just bigger stakes and I feel no sympathy for a dishonest liar of a buyer.
NickD1975 is offline   Reply With Quote