The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 1 August 2021, 02:42 AM   #31
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Has anyone gone back to university in their 40s?

I’m considering it, but I’m 35… I started my business when I was 19, so I was a year into college… then around mid year 2 I dropped out cause things took off at work. Today we’ve been in business 16 years..

So I’ve been considering going back to school and get a degree in something I love, history/literature/philosophy… The good thing is any of that would work for a subsequent JD as I’ve even considered working towards a law degree, only because that gives you so many skills in the world of business..

I could start part-time remote (or even in person). I have 4-5 hours a day I could dedicate towards this.

So yea, I’d be the oldest in the classroom, but also the one with the most experience, the most employees, the nicest ride, and of course… a full PM Rolex.

SO @OP

DO IT!!!

We have two lives live. And the second one starts when you realize you only had one all along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 02:51 AM   #32
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

One thing that seems missing here is if a person is going back to advance their careers then the piece of paper is important.

But if just for personal satisfaction, why do you need to go to school to be educated, why can't you just educate yourself?
Old 1 August 2021, 02:57 AM   #33
Brew
"TRF" Member

I wind up saying all the words wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 02:59 AM   #34
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
One thing that seems missing here is if a person is going back to advance their careers then the piece of paper is important.

But if just for personal satisfaction, why do you need to go to school to be educated, why can't you just educate yourself?
I got my master's after I was in retirement. For me, it was just something that I felt had defeated me throughout life. It's one thing to learn about things you are interested in and a whole different beast to study subjects you're not necessarily interested in and be pushed far beyond what one would do to themselves. If I was "self-educating", there is no way I'd be reading 800+ pages a week and writing 20 page papers on miscellaneous topics. It wasn't any fun at all, but I pushed through and now feel like I accomplished something. Granted, I am also now learning I may have educated myself out of getting a "fun" retirement job
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 03:29 AM   #35
One_Ping_Only
"TRF" Member

I did not but a few years ago my wife who was just under 40yo went back to get her Masters.

She was hesitant at first because of her age but she did pursue her dream and finished a few months before covid.

Every darn male classmate though seemed to had tried to hit on her which was empowering for her but she managed to finish unscathed haaaaa

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
One_Ping_Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 04:28 AM   #36
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
I am also now learning I may have educated myself out of getting a "fun" retirement job
You can still get those fun retirement jobs.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote