The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 July 2021, 05:27 PM   #1
hchiyan0925
"TRF" Member

Which Offshore to Get? (Ghost vs 26480Ti)

Hi All!

I've always liked the look of the legacy offshores and with the introduction of the new 43mm, I thought now would be the time to get in on them from the boutique before they get discontinued/replaced.

Having narrowed my options down, it's now neck and neck between the Ghost and the 26480Ti. Both are titanium and quite the typical offshore look.

I am attracted to the Ghost for its classic 42mm layout (i.e the Arabic numerals and magnified date window etc), but the 26480Ti is quite special in its own right, as it's got the 44mm pushers, in a 42mm case size (which is as big as I can go, tried on the 43mm and its a little bit too chunky and also a little bit out of budget currently).

I've compiled some other benefits of each watch in my eyes, but would appreciate any input or feedback from the owners of each!

Ghost:
- Ceramic Bezel
- Easier to match colored straps
- More familiar look to me
- Open case back

26480Ti:
-Slightly Cheaper
-Thinner
-Could be unique as it's a one-off reference that probably will not be reproduced ever
-44mm pushers look quite cool

Also, if any owners would be kind enough to chime in, does the 26480Ti come with the wide tang buckle off the diver? or the narrow one that comes off the 26470xx series of offshores?

Happy to hear your thoughts!
hchiyan0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2021, 01:20 AM   #2
WatchtraderNY
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I’m a big fan of the 44mm pushers

You should also look into the 43mm new releases. They fit really well and a great compromise between the 42mm and 44mm offshores

Hope you find the one you love! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WatchtraderNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2021, 04:51 AM   #3
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I really like the colour combo on the Ghost and CE bezel is nice for protection so I'd probably take that, but understand the attraction of the other altho as a 44 owner it's a bit of a hodge podge for me.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2021, 05:49 AM   #4
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Love the 26480, that would be my vote, the pushers are awesome. And the pushers are like the 43mm rather than the 44mm.

It has a tapered strap so not the wide tang buckle of the Diver. The tapered strap works better on a smaller wrist than the wider strap of the Diver.

No problem at all wearing different colour straps, i have white, blue, red, ghost grey, and at the moment I’m having some fun with the white strap and a blue and red keeper, supporting England!

Haven’t got an orange strap yet, but found a picture on the Internet and will get one for my next ski trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 11:50 AM   #5
shepherdflorida
"TRF" Member

For me I like the 42mm size, ceramic bezel, sophistication and elegance with the overall color tones, and they way the Ghost pops in different lighting and angles.
shepherdflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 12:19 PM   #6
balaloo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PAM/PP
Ghost always! Love it
balaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 01:31 AM   #7
hchiyan0925
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys! Token74, many thanks for showing the 26480 in so many different configurations and settings. But I think in the end, I am going to go for the ghost! Seems like I am more attracted to the traditional 26470 layout and design....
hchiyan0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 09:21 AM   #8
7sins
"TRF" Member

How big are your wrists? The ghost is a VERY thick case and can wear top heavy. The 26480ti is about 2.5m thinner and wears much cleaner, especially for those with smaller wrists. My 26480ti is arriving early this week after a delay and I must have got through 100 different ROO models that can fit my 6.5" wrist, without question the 26480ti looks great, fits the best in the thinner case, 42mm with 44mm type pusher and is one a kind in the line. I highly encourage you to try them on if you can!
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 03:32 AM   #9
loled
"TRF" Member

You could'nt go wrong whichever you choose!
loled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 04:26 AM   #10
robertengel
"TRF" Member

The ceramic bezel is a huge plus on the ghost, personally I also favour its design. I cannot express how irritating it is that a waiter accidentally touched my titanium 42mm with the bottom of a ceramic plate and boom...the first scratch....save yourself some headache and go for the durable bezel
robertengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2021, 10:33 AM   #11
TooWoundUp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
I agree that the ceramic bezel on the ghost is a killer! That would be my choice
Old 21 July 2021, 12:01 AM   #12
jdkrut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
I own both pieces. You really cannot go wrong. I find that I wear the Ghost much more often because of the ceramic bezel though. No wrong answer -- but what you love.
jdkrut is offline   Reply With Quote