The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 23 July 2021, 01:34 AM   #31
omar10213245
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post
(NEW UPDATES)

My transfer has been cancelled by TransferWise! So my money is coming back to me. Not sure if it's because of the work done by the fraud department at TW or the fact the the scammer bank did realised what was going because of previous transaction but the result is there and that's what matters.

I guess I still have my lucky star around despite my stupidity...

I hop others will get their money back too !
That's excellent, glad to hear that!
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 01:35 AM   #32
omar10213245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Congrats on the recovery.

The new name for TransferWise is just Wise. If they missed the boat with their first branding, I guess it’s best to fix it now.

The fintech has a nice startup story…just sharing for those who never heard of it.

Like many good stories, this one starts with two friends.

They’re both from Estonia. Taavet, who was the first employee at Skype, lived in London but got paid in euros. Kristo worked for Deloitte, also lived in London, and got paid in pounds. But he had a mortgage in euros back in Estonia.

They both moved their money with their banks — which had expensive fees and bad exchange rates. They knew there had to be a better way. So they put their heads together and invented a beautifully simple workaround.

Each month, they looked up the actual exchange rate on Reuters. Taavet put his euros into Kristo’s Estonian bank account, and Kristo topped up Taavet’s UK account with his pounds. Both got the currency they needed almost instantly, and neither paid an extra cent on bad exchange rates or unreasonable charges.

There was no waiting, no stress, and no extra cost. ‘There must be others like us…’ they thought. So they started a company, called it TransferWise, and hired a team to build the best way to send money between countries.

In the Spring of 2021 they pivoted…per the website:
“As we grew, we realised that people needed more than just money transfers. So we added a multi-currency account, a debit card, and a business account, and changed our name to Wise.”

I smell an IPO coming WISE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i love it, stories of ingenuity like this warm my heart. next time i send a wire transfer i'll be looking them up
Old 24 July 2021, 04:30 AM   #33
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
(NEW UPDATES)

My transfer has been cancelled by TransferWise! So my money is coming back to me. Not sure if it's because of the work done by the fraud department at TW or the fact the the scammer bank did realised what was going because of previous transaction but the result is there and that's what matters.

I guess I still have my lucky star around despite my stupidity...

I hop others will get their money back too !
Congratulations on the positive outcome!

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 09:00 AM   #34
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Quote:
I have been using a LOT TW for the past 3 years and nothing to complain about them (especially today!).
They are the cheapest, easy to use and fast.

I just checked my bank account and the money is back!!!
You are one lucky man.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 09:41 AM   #35
Bardamu74
Banned

Watch: Out!!!
Guess I'll use transfewise confidently now.
Bardamu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 04:22 PM   #36
Carroll
Banned

Watch: Sea-Dweller 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Congrats on the recovery.

The new name for TransferWise is just Wise. If they missed the boat with their first branding, I guess it’s best to fix it now.

The fintech has a nice startup story…just sharing for those who never heard of it.

Like many good stories, this one starts with two friends.

They’re both from Estonia. Taavet, who was the first employee at Skype, lived in London but got paid in euros. Kristo worked for Deloitte, also lived in London, and got paid in pounds. But he had a mortgage in euros back in Estonia.

They both moved their money with their banks — which had expensive fees and bad exchange rates. They knew there had to be a better way. So they put their heads together and invented a beautifully simple workaround.

Each month, they looked up the actual exchange rate on Reuters. Taavet put his euros into Kristo’s Estonian bank account, and Kristo topped up Taavet’s UK account with his pounds. Both got the currency they needed almost instantly, and neither paid an extra cent on bad exchange rates or unreasonable charges.

There was no waiting, no stress, and no extra cost. ‘There must be others like us…’ they thought. So they started a company, called it TransferWise, and hired a team to build the best way to send money between countries.

In the Spring of 2021 they pivoted…per the website:
“As we grew, we realised that people needed more than just money transfers. So we added a multi-currency account, a debit card, and a business account, and changed our name to Wise.”

I smell an IPO coming WISE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Glad to have read this thread, I am about purchasing a watch and will be using transfer wise since it is safe way to make payment. Thank you for sharing!
Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 01:15 PM   #37
gearguywb
2024 Pledge Member

Probably a dumb question, but is there something like Wise for doing wire transfers within the US? Seems that Wise is only for country to country transfers.
gearguywb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 10:53 PM   #38
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
May I suggest you google transfer wise and wise to see what some of the reviews say? I am very glad that the op was able to get his money back but for me I would be very cautious using wise. Kind of like “buy the seller” , before I use them to send out thousands of dollars , I want to be absolutely sure if there is a problem, I can get my funds returned. That is why as a buyer I like AMX and will even pay costs seller is charged. In mo if the discount charged by amx makes a purchase a bad deal then it wasn’t a good deal in the 1st place. There just are too many shysters out there , not to mention there can also be an innocent mis - understanding. I must protect myself buying period. I just hate to see the stories we see every week of people who lost their hard earned funds by taking unnecessary risks. Hope maybe this might save just one person at least a lot of heartbreak. I can handle the nasty comments I will get for this but as for me I am going to protect myself completely as a buyer. BTW before some says how as sellers they won’t take a Cc , fine I must protect myself when I have my buyer’s hat on. I am only giving sound advice to buyers . Just MO . james in San Antonio Tx :-)
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2021, 10:37 PM   #39
omar10213245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
May I suggest you google transfer wise and wise to see what some of the reviews say? I am very glad that the op was able to get his money back but for me I would be very cautious using wise. Kind of like “buy the seller” , before I use them to send out thousands of dollars , I want to be absolutely sure if there is a problem, I can get my funds returned. That is why as a buyer I like AMX and will even pay costs seller is charged. In mo if the discount charged by amx makes a purchase a bad deal then it wasn’t a good deal in the 1st place. There just are too many shysters out there , not to mention there can also be an innocent mis - understanding. I must protect myself buying period. I just hate to see the stories we see every week of people who lost their hard earned funds by taking unnecessary risks. Hope maybe this might save just one person at least a lot of heartbreak. I can handle the nasty comments I will get for this but as for me I am going to protect myself completely as a buyer. BTW before some says how as sellers they won’t take a Cc , fine I must protect myself when I have my buyer’s hat on. I am only giving sound advice to buyers . Just MO . james in San Antonio Tx :-)
wise looks to be on the up and up, so i wouldn't worry about it.