The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 7 February 2010, 12:03 AM   #1
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Anyone purchased from Essential Watches

Guys, anyone here purchased from Essential Watches located in Beverly Hills?
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2010, 12:06 AM   #2
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
No--but I am not a fan of web sites that have -'s in their web address!! Makes me think of Prestige-time--who have stolen 100's of thousands from folks out there! Avoid the dashes...With that said I know nothing about them. I am actually from Los Angeles originally and do know one great dealer in BH--Mauricio Pier--Classwatches--great guy and reasonable.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2010, 04:24 AM   #3
arabesque
"TRF" Member

Watch: dd
I also am from SoCal. In their website they have a picture of a showroom. I called them to ask if they are open on Saturdays. Surprised to hear NO, even without asking what kind of watch I was looking for. At this point I wondered why even put a showroom on the website? The lady said they get their watches from their suppliers and I can buy but wont be able to preview them first. I cannot make a decision based on just one photograph so I dismissed the idea of buying from Essential-Watches... my experience.
arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 02:05 PM   #4
SteveMorris

Watch: Everose Daytona
I scored 2 of my rolexes from these guys, but the website address had no dashes in it just essentialwatches.com. My son said that companies always buy all similar website addresses to prevent copycats stealing web traffic. My wife jsut bought our sons first rolex from essential and we have no complaints. I've dealt with fred and kaylie and patty used kaylie. Both dealers invirted me to make an appointment to visit the shop but weve always shipped to tj to save the CA tax. Next time we are in Los Angles well visit to take photos for the forum.
SteveMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 03:15 PM   #5
wwwatches
"TRF" Member

I do business with Seth (Essential Watches) for years now.
Great guy! Can be trusted 100%.
I personally never heard anything bad about him.

Hope it helps.
847-774-6677
wwwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2010, 04:02 PM   #6
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMorris View Post
I scored 2 of my rolexes from these guys, but the website address had no dashes in it just essentialwatches.com. My son said that companies always buy all similar website addresses to prevent copycats stealing web traffic. My wife jsut bought our sons first rolex from essential and we have no complaints. I've dealt with fred and kaylie and patty used kaylie. Both dealers invirted me to make an appointment to visit the shop but weve always shipped to tj to save the CA tax. Next time we are in Los Angles well visit to take photos for the forum.
Steve, is their inventory truly BNIB? Do you get the tag/stickers as if you were purchasing from an AD? I'm just a bit weary with the network of dealers (US & Foreign) that they deal with. Who knows if the watches are truly 100% authentic, eg. movement, clasp/bracelet, etc...
Old 11 February 2010, 04:09 PM   #7
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwatches View Post
I do business with Seth (Essential Watches) for years now.
Great guy! Can be trusted 100%.
I personally never heard anything bad about him.

Hope it helps.

Mike, is their inventory truly BNIB? Do you get the tag/stickers as if you were purchasing from an AD? I'm just a bit weary with the network of dealers (US & Foreign) that they deal with. Who knows if the watches are truly 100% authentic, eg. movement, clasp/bracelet, etc...
Old 11 February 2010, 07:31 PM   #8
SteveMorris

can only speak for the 3 weve bought from them, but all 3 arrived as described. Except for the preowned daytona my wife ordered. Her dealer kaylie had said it was preowned, so we expected a 'lightly worn' to arrive. When it arrived it we were surprised to find it still had the factory sticker on bracelet as well as all tags box & papers my wife was promised. We called essential immediatly to report the mistake and were told that the daytona was preowned and the correct order. My wife got an email from kaylie explaining any watch purchased through a non AD dealer is sold under 'preowned' because ethically is it truly preowned.
The 2 Rolexes I bought; 1 from fred 1 from kaylie arrived complete with tags and stickers as if from an AD. Interestingly both were shipped to me from an NYC address, we googled it was the address of an AD but the fedex labelling said essential watches on it. Both arrived with rolex warranty cards and we got essential's 2 year warranty as well. Our son's daytona had rolex warranty card 1 year left and essential 1 year warranty. We have nothing but good things to say about our experiencs with essential, especially patty my wife who knows nothing about rolexes, they couldve charged her double and she wouldnt have known. Check BBB, their ebay shop reviews I've been collecting for years and did my due diligence before contacting them. And like I said we have only dealt with fred and kaylie. No complaints here.
Old 11 February 2010, 10:30 PM   #9
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
can only speak for the 3 weve bought from them, but all 3 arrived as described. Except for the preowned daytona my wife ordered. Her dealer kaylie had said it was preowned, so we expected a 'lightly worn' to arrive. When it arrived it we were surprised to find it still had the factory sticker on bracelet as well as all tags box & papers my wife was promised. We called essential immediatly to report the mistake and were told that the daytona was preowned and the correct order. My wife got an email from kaylie explaining any watch purchased through a non AD dealer is sold under 'preowned' because ethically is it truly preowned.
The 2 Rolexes I bought; 1 from fred 1 from kaylie arrived complete with tags and stickers as if from an AD. Interestingly both were shipped to me from an NYC address, we googled it was the address of an AD but the fedex labelling said essential watches on it. Both arrived with rolex warranty cards and we got essential's 2 year warranty as well. Our son's daytona had rolex warranty card 1 year left and essential 1 year warranty. We have nothing but good things to say about our experiencs with essential, especially patty my wife who knows nothing about rolexes, they couldve charged her double and she wouldnt have known. Check BBB, their ebay shop reviews I've been collecting for years and did my due diligence before contacting them. And like I said we have only dealt with fred and kaylie. No complaints here.
Thanks Steve. That certainly gives me a comfort level in terms of dealing with grey.
Old 12 February 2010, 06:05 AM   #10
SteveMorris

Yup wedid well with them on all 3 deals. Never been ripped off in 40 years of collecting. I always do the same thing, and research using a local AD see the watch in person try it on get allthe info I need then call one of my dealers to purcchase.
That way I know exactly how the watch looks and feels and have all ducks in a row before buying. I dont feel so bad about wasting the locals time becuse if they have the best deal I buy from them and they expect window shoppers. I just do all the research and call my dealers with a model and offer and see if they can match it. Do your research before calling a grey dealer is the best advice I have.
Old 12 February 2010, 08:51 AM   #11
arabesque
"TRF" Member

Watch: dd
Quote:
Hmm, I wonder why the lady said "they are closed on Saturdays" and she never suggested a different day. Instead she said "watches are available on line and wont be able to preview them first before buying."

I was interested in their preowned Day-Dates and thought I could choose amongst those on their website in person.
arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 09:28 AM   #12
SteveMorris

arabesque I was told the showroom only features minimal stock for insurance liability purposes like a luxury car showroom. Im determind to visit the next time I'm in Los Angeles and will report back.
Old 12 February 2010, 09:43 AM   #13
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Just PM DavidSW. Done and done.
Zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 02:34 PM   #14
wwwatches
"TRF" Member

Anyone purchased from Essential Watches

Yes.

Seth is a very reputable dealer.
Very knowledgeable and well known.
Member of IWJG community.
He has one of the biggest internet stores in country.
I'm sure that all his watches are 100% authentic.

Hope it helps.

Mike
w-w-watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauticajoe View Post
Mike, is their inventory truly BNIB? Do you get the tag/stickers as if you were purchasing from an AD? I'm just a bit weary with the network of dealers (US & Foreign) that they deal with. Who knows if the watches are truly 100% authentic, eg. movement, clasp/bracelet, etc...
847-774-6677
wwwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 10:26 PM   #15
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys.
Old 30 October 2011, 04:52 AM   #16
mk9991
"TRF" Member

I bought from them a WG Daytona pre owned. Dealt with Irene. Great watch as described. Shipped quickly. Will surely do business with them again.
mk9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2016, 11:17 PM   #17
blogaholic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
I know this thread is old, but it still helped me in deciding to deal with Essential Watches. Got a perfect deal on a Submariner from Fred. It was a gift for my dad and he loved it. Would've cost me tons if I bought from an AD. Planning to get something for my mom next time.
blogaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 03:20 AM   #18
AHG
"TRF" Member

Also rehashing an old thread, any recent experiences with this shop?
AHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2020, 05:23 PM   #19
RolexNorth
Banned

Watch: YM2SS,SD43,HULK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHG View Post
Also rehashing an old thread, any recent experiences with this shop?
Do a search on google for this one guy who has his own youtube channel. Apparently he's some big producer.

He goes under the name "ProducerMichael".

If you look through his library of videos, there's a bunch of them where he's buying watches from Seth at Essential Watches. Looks like he gets some really good stuff coming through his doors.
RolexNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2020, 06:25 AM   #20
AHG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexNorth View Post
Do a search on google for this one guy who has his own youtube channel. Apparently he's some big producer.

If you look through his library of videos, there's a bunch of them where he's buying watches from Seth at Essential Watches. Looks like he gets some really good stuff coming through his doors.

Yea I've been looking at those. There are definitely some nice watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 July 2021, 02:35 AM   #21
amgdriver63
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex WG 42mm YM
Tried to buy several items
AP Jumbo xtra thin
Good price never in stock
Frustrating
If this ad is still
up next week I will
call bait/switch
amgdriver63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2021, 01:22 PM   #22
AHG
"TRF" Member

They’ve been bought by another company. They have their Beverly Hills office still just for appointments with no watches on display. I have sold a few watches to them for a fair price. I’ve yet to buy one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 16 November 2021, 08:48 AM   #23
RareBird
"TRF" Member

Called them about a watch and the guy confirmed the price and told me he had to double check availability and I kid you not less then 20 mins later they raised the price 2k. I called them back and they gave me a crazy excuse on how the watch I asked about was sold last week and they have a different one that cost 2k more. This is in reference to a pepsi that went from 23.5k to 25.5k. Awful business practice. I'll be looking elsewhere.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2023, 10:55 PM   #24
UniversalExports
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexNorth View Post

Do I understand correctly that this is Producer Michael's shop?
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2023, 03:35 PM   #25
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalExports View Post
Do I understand correctly that this is Producer Michael's shop?
No, that's not correct. Producer Michael buys from them.
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote