The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 20 May 2021, 04:34 AM   #1
Nicholas D.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Tarrytown Jewelers (Hartsdale, NY)

New member to the Forums.

I have seen a few older posts commenting on legitimacy of Tarrytown Jewelers, but was curious if anyone had any relatively recent experiences (2020-2021).

Looking to make a purchase from them, but first wanted to hear from previous customers.

Thanks.
Nicholas D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2021, 07:58 AM   #2
daysky1
"TRF" Member

Try finding them on Google earth street view. Maybe that will help you decide. I did hear they are a know Grey dealer and have not heard any negative remarks about them. I used them once and was happy with the results. As far as I am concerned they are good to deal with. Friendly and accommodating, ie they allowed me to send a check instead of a bank wire, after the check cleared in a couple days they sent my watch. It was in excellent condition. I will consider using them in the future. I like Joma Shop, The Watchbox for used, David SW for new and stickered and of course Chrono 24. but most of all my new best of all is my local AD. Forgot to mention it was 9/1/2020 when I purchased a Blue Dial Sky Dweller from Tarrytown Jewelers. It was listed as new I think or never worn,,not sure but it was spotless and in excellent condition. It was a very good experience.
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2021, 09:07 AM   #3
Nicholas D.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Thanks DS for the quick response.

I did the whole nine-yard recon. research deal before reaching out to them (i.e.: Google map search; scanning reviews on Chrono24, Google, general review sites, etc.; asking the dealer preliminary questions, etc.).

The dealer initially lagged with responding to me and than was somewhat vague with their initial answer, but eventually answered my specific questions. That instilled the only reservations within me, hence this post. For clarification, I was inquiring if their description of ‘new condition’ translates to unworn, unpolished and unmodified.

I also intend to execute the purchase through Chrono24, for the third-party protection. Speaking of which, how reliable is the buyer protection through Chrono24?
Nicholas D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 04:26 AM   #4
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Seems reputable to me from what I can tell in that they are a legitimate front facing store fwiw. However the prices are insane.
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2021, 07:21 PM   #5
RiRi
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 36 Mint
I have been dealing with Josh (bought 2 AP ROCs) and the service is impeccable - very straightforward and helpful.
RiRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2021, 10:25 PM   #6
BigAppleBill
"TRF" Member

I’ve dealt with Tarrytown Jewelers and had a top notch experience. It’s an old “mom & pop” business, which is rare these days as most are being replaced by regional or national chains.
BigAppleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2021, 10:28 PM   #7
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Steve at Tarrytown has always treated me right. They are great
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2021, 02:02 AM   #8
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
I have bought several pieces from Tarrytown Jewelers in Hartsdale. They are wonderful, old-school, stand-up guys. Steve the owner is great. Knowledgeable about watches and a kind man. Go to the store and deal with them in person, they're much more likely to work on price if you're a walk-in. Most of their business is done via Chorno24 and their prices are inflated because of the Chrono24 cut.

Best of luck.
Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote