The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Closed Thread

Old 14 June 2020, 06:54 PM   #181
micasol
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
At this moment am working on 2 newer skeleton, to give you an idea of the evolution of knowledge and skills, have made some pics of newer parts,
First balance bridge,

Barrel bridge

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 14 June 2020, 06:57 PM   #182
micasol
"TRF" Member

Oscillating mass

Upper auto wind bridge

Old 14 June 2020, 07:01 PM   #183
micasol
"TRF" Member

This mainplate, not one am going use for a build, because according to me too many cutting imperfections, but could give you an idea too, look especially like parts before the job on edges

Old 14 June 2020, 07:01 PM   #184
micasol
"TRF" Member

And finally barrel

Old 18 June 2020, 07:53 AM   #185
micasol
"TRF" Member

Something newer is coming,

Old 18 June 2020, 09:33 PM   #186
micasol
"TRF" Member

Old 24 June 2020, 10:52 PM   #187
micasol
"TRF" Member

Prototype of skeleton 4130 in carbon is now ready

Old 3 July 2020, 05:23 AM   #188
Ollie9swy
"TRF" Member

Watch: day date 1803
Fantastic craftsmanship my friend. Not sure on the carbon case but just proves possibilities are endless. Good work!
Old 3 July 2020, 06:15 AM   #189
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

I think it’s awesome! It must be super light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 July 2020, 06:33 AM   #190
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

well....this is my favorite thread ever.
Old 3 July 2020, 08:43 PM   #191
SFmedic13
"TRF" Member

Watch: None Currently
Thanks for the Post, nice job......
Old 3 July 2020, 09:48 PM   #192
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
I think it’s awesome! It must be super light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Really light yes

Old 3 July 2020, 09:48 PM   #193
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFmedic13 View Post
Thanks for the Post, nice job......

Thanks

Old 3 July 2020, 09:48 PM   #194
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
well....this is my favorite thread ever.

Thanks

Old 3 July 2020, 09:49 PM   #195
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie9swy View Post
Fantastic craftsmanship my friend. Not sure on the carbon case but just proves possibilities are endless. Good work!

Thanks

Old 6 July 2020, 12:03 PM   #196
quiz123
Banned

Wow! Impressive!
Old 6 July 2020, 06:43 PM   #197
micasol
"TRF" Member

Here’s one of them on it’s especially build case with it’s warranty card and original band

Old 6 July 2020, 08:28 PM   #198
r_afficionado
Banned

Watch: a few
Hope you have great legal representation for when Rolex takes you to court for trademark infringement. Hope you never feel the weight of Rolex on your throat... Safe travels.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 6 July 2020, 09:36 PM   #199
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_afficionado View Post
Hope you have great legal representation for when Rolex takes you to court for trademark infringement. Hope you never feel the weight of Rolex on your throat... Safe travels.

Hummmm it’s a long story, going explain bro, first this watch is not more considered as a Rolex, because fully moded, means no more original warranty.
Even if initially a Rolex Daytona, now couldn’t be named like this, but by it’s newer brand name.
Secondly, all of those who are doing such custom, yes I wrote all, are in troubles with Rolex, because rolex don’t wants of those custom build and don’t wants to be associated at those kind of build, what’s legit according to me.
Finally people that are going buy those, or from others custom factory, are not buying anymore a Rolex but a custom watch build over a Rolex, that couldn’t be named a Rolex anymore and without the original warranty but the custom factory one.

Old 6 July 2020, 10:02 PM   #200
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by micasol View Post
Hummmm it’s a long story, going explain bro, first this watch is not more considered as a Rolex, because fully modded, means no more original warranty.
Well, I still see in a few of your pics the Rolex logo on the crystal and that crown looks very much a triplock to me and I suspect that the crown hasn't been scraped off it...

No warranty for sure but that won't stop Rolex running after you because of those two "details".
Old 7 July 2020, 08:19 AM   #201
r_afficionado
Banned

Watch: a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Well, I still see in a few of your pics the Rolex logo on the crystal and that crown looks very much a triplock to me and I suspect that the crown hasn't been scraped off it...

No warranty for sure but that won't stop Rolex running after you because of those two "details".
Exactly. It is not like the buyer is sourcing the donor then giving it to you for the custom work. You are selling whatever "Daytona" you have kept the Rolex coronet I am assuming on the Crown and I am assuming same on the bracelet. I have seen multiple of your creations on this thread with the Rolex brand on the would be dial / etched on crystal. You have included the green/red tags in many of your pics and I doubt your movement has gone through CSOC? Are you removing any reference of rolex from Skelitonized movement including model numbers? You are selling a used watch as, a new creation that steals IP from Rolex... just my interpretation but I am not a lawyer. I know that rolex already shut down one aftermarket customizer and is looking to expand the net... I also feel that your thread fishes for business from TRF members along with using the expertise from members to improve your creation.

Not my cup of tea. But you do you until Rolex comes down on you with their legal team.

Old 7 July 2020, 07:07 PM   #202
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_afficionado View Post
Exactly. It is not like the buyer is sourcing the donor then giving it to you for the custom work. You are selling whatever "Daytona" you have kept the Rolex coronet I am assuming on the Crown and I am assuming same on the bracelet. I have seen multiple of your creations on this thread with the Rolex brand on the would be dial / etched on crystal. You have included the green/red tags in many of your pics and I doubt your movement has gone through CSOC? Are you removing any reference of rolex from Skelitonized movement including model numbers? You are selling a used watch as, a new creation that steals IP from Rolex... just my interpretation but I am not a lawyer. I know that rolex already shut down one aftermarket customizer and is looking to expand the net... I also feel that your thread fishes for business from TRF members along with using the expertise from members to improve your creation.

Not my cup of tea. But you do you until Rolex comes down on you with their legal team.

Am not selling watches bro, am building those for me first, after if consumers wants one, they could send it to made this custom.
Like could write previously, am just sharing here what’s could be done on this watch, thought if wanna sell them would have opened a sale thread, anyway it’s cool you have seen those I published, was thinking could be fun to share custom build, don’t saw one previously sharing, could understand why now!
COSC is not more used till some years ago, but don’t worry all watches have build are working perfectly .
Maybe you are not a lawyer, but for sure really acknowledge about. Like you wrote not your cup of tea and could understand.

Old 9 July 2020, 07:10 PM   #203
micasol
"TRF" Member

Just to give an idea how quality is far away from beginning, following pics of two of them in black and grey, some of the parts, like mainplates chrono bridge upper bridge auto wind module are sandblasted

Old 9 July 2020, 07:42 PM   #204
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Am not selling watches bro, am building those for me first, after if consumers wants one, they could send it to made this custom.
Like could write previously, am just sharing here what’s could be done on this watch, thought if wanna sell them would have opened a sale thread, anyway it’s cool you have seen those I published, was thinking could be fun to share custom build, don’t saw one previously sharing, could understand why now!
COSC is not more used till some years ago, but don’t worry all watches have build are working perfectly .
Maybe you are not a lawyer, but for sure really acknowledge about. Like you wrote not your cup of tea and could understand.

I've already called you out on this months ago.

Your website/twitter/instagram all make it perfectly clear that you are selling these watches. You have a limited edition of 55 of the 'concept' model available as a pre-order according to your site. As well as multiple posts in this thread where you talk about completion and delivery.

You are using somebody else's registered trademarks in a commercial manner, that is the issue here. It's illegal and a dickish thing to do.

As far as I'm concerned these posts belong on the Rolex Replica Forum where you first started out. They certainly don't belong on the Rolex WatchTech subforum.

I'm in no way against customisation though. And I think the work you are doing looks cool (it's not for me but I can appreciate the effort you put in). Remove other people's registered trademarks from the photos you are advertising everywhere and the issue goes away.

p.s. COSC is still used by Rolex today.
p.p.s. Copyright and trademark laws don't require you to overtly sell a product. Your advertisements and social media posts alone amount to commercial gain as you build your brand on that back of registered designs and trademarks.
Old 9 July 2020, 08:09 PM   #205
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
I've already called you out on this months ago.

Your website/twitter/instagram all make it perfectly clear that you are selling these watches. You have a limited edition of 55 of the 'concept' model available as a pre-order according to your site. As well as multiple posts in this thread where you talk about completion and delivery.

You are using somebody else's registered trademarks in a commercial manner, that is the issue here. It's illegal and a dickish thing to do.

As far as I'm concerned these posts belong on the Rolex Replica Forum where you first started out. They certainly don't belong on the Rolex WatchTech subforum.

I'm in no way against customisation though. And I think the work you are doing looks cool (it's not for me but I can appreciate the effort you put in). Remove other people's registered trademarks from the photos you are advertising everywhere and the issue goes away.

p.s. COSC is still used by Rolex today.
p.p.s. Copyright and trademark laws don't require you to overtly sell a product. Your advertisements and social media posts alone amount to commercial gain as you build your brand on that back of registered designs and trademarks.

I will on next ones ,

Old 9 July 2020, 08:09 PM   #206
watchmaker
TechXpert

I was going to post this as a p.p.p.s but it turned out too long.

The following words are from your own website where you proudly display a legal notice. (https://www.skeletonconcept.com/fr/mentions-legales/)

The company SKELETON CONCEPT (hereinafter referred to as the "Company" or "SKELETON CONCEPT" ),

ARTICLE 16: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

16.1 All of the Products designed and sold by the Company are protected by copyright, designs and / and all other intellectual property rights. These elements are the exclusive property of the Company. All of these rights are reserved for the whole world.

The name and brand, logos, designs and models, stylized letters, figurative marks, and all the signs represented are and will remain the exclusive property of the Company.

The Purchaser is strictly prohibited from reproducing or having reproduced the Products. All the models sold by the Company are registered models and the catalog images are not free of rights.

So not only do you use other peoples trademarks without permission, you have actually laid claim to them as if they are your own.
Old 9 July 2020, 08:11 PM   #207
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
I will on next ones ,

You've been saying that for months.
Old 9 July 2020, 08:19 PM   #208
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
You've been saying that for months.

Correct, wait and see

Old 9 July 2020, 10:43 PM   #209
Jona
Banned

Watch: 116618LN
Don't send these to RSC. Quite a skill you have I'll say.
Closed Thread