The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 11 December 2019, 01:20 AM   #1
glotzlaw
"TRF" Member

Advice on this GMT 1675

Hi All,

Considering this 1675. Any advice on condition would be much appreciated. Does dial look correct and untouched? Claims case is unpolished.

Thanks,

J

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p843wed3t...NftigLFaa?dl=0
glotzlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 02:55 AM   #2
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Nice example overall, but personally, I wouldn't go out on a limb to claim that watch is unpolished. That's a bit of a stretch.

Honestly, I wish seller's would stop making the "unpolished" claim. Every idiot now includes it in their listing, "Looks unpolished to my eyes, yadda yadda". It just hurts their credibility and causes controversy. Just use more specific language, e.g. the chamfers are well defined, the edges are sharp, the lugs are thick, etc. At least those are things that can be known.

Sorry to rant on the OP's thread.
Old 11 December 2019, 03:11 AM   #3
Trog
Banned

Odd looking bezel insert...can't say I've ever seen this before:
Attached Images
File Type: png 1675 Insert.png (279.7 KB, 128 views)
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 03:15 AM   #4
Tom1675
"TRF" Member

If its unpolished its a safe queen, those brush marks don't last for 35-40yrs. Maybe it was, the insert is correct but does not look its age. Another note on the insert is that the between the "1&8" in "18" the red and blue has a little step or imperfection in the blue/red line, I haven't see this before. The print on the MK5 dial is a little rugged but overall OK. I don't know for sure but 5.7m seems a little late for a folded jublilee. Overall its a fine piece, nothing I've mentioned is a dealbreaker...
Tom1675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 03:17 AM   #5
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
It does indeed look as though it has a light polish but very light indeed. The edges of the chamfers are just ever so slightly rounded. I suppose that could be from years under the cuff but more likely a light polish. It's very nice overall with a very nice fat font, period correct insert and folded link bracelet. Hands and lume plots look nice too. I'm no expert like some of these WIS freaks on TRF (no offence intended, would love to consider myself one but lack knowledge... experience, and the ability to keep my mouth shut instead of commenting like I am now.). I would wait for others to comment. One thing the experts can advise is do the second and hour hand look a little short? That could indicate they have been replaced but if that is the case they are nicely matched color-wise. Next you will be asked if it comes with papers. documenting purchase and service history, the complete set but IMHO not that important if the watch is in good condition, like this one! For resale later, that's another matter entirely.
TimeLord2 is online now   Reply With Quote