The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 August 2018, 06:16 AM   #31
GeeRam
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejj View Post
Looks like watchfinder labelling. That doesn’t count as being spotted. Pepsi is prob double the rrp and more blnr about 50% above rrp haha
A few days I looked at their website and they two Pepsi's in stock, and at over £17k each, so yeah, about double the rrp.

I've just looked again, and now there's only one listed at £17,250....so some mug with more money than brain cell count has bought one at that price.........unreal.

Plus,
Tudor Black Bay 'Black Rose'
Tutima 1941 Fliegerchronograph 18ct
GeeRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 06:22 AM   #32
lee fowler
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
We to Harrods near Kensington this week and they refused to sell me a Tudor Bronze/Blue even though they had one. They did have a huge amount of every other Black Bay.

I did order a an extra strap for my M79250BB-0001 Bronze/Blue at Watches of Switzerland for an outrageous price of over $US 300 with clasp and (catch part) whatever that was. They wouldn’t have sold it unless I had the serial number and found a picture of the serial stamp in my phone pictures. 4 week wait coming from Switzerland they said. Not being able to post it to the United States, a TRF Member said I could have it posted to his local UK address and he’ll forward it to me .

Pictures of what I saw around the City of London

I saw a lot of SS OP’s but no GMT, Subs, explorers or the big diver watches. A few Yacht-Masters
The Harrods one is green and I asked the same question last week and was told around a two year waiting list!

Instagram: @lee1563
lee fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 06:26 AM   #33
nickrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex milgauss
Sad part is some bloody bloke will buy them...
nickrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 06:30 AM   #34
sutats
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
We to Harrods near Kensington this week and they refused to sell me a Tudor Bronze/Blue even though they had one. They did have a huge amount of every other Black Bay.
Are you sure it wasn't Selfridges if you're referring to the Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze Blue as they are only retailed at Bucherer because I don't think there's one in Harrods.

What was the reason they didn't want to sell it to you?
Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 07:51 AM   #35
Sarosh
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
A few days I looked at their website and they two Pepsi's in stock, and at over £17k each, so yeah, about double the rrp.

I've just looked again, and now there's only one listed at £17,250....so some mug with more money than brain cell count has bought one at that price.........unreal.
If that price was paid by someone. All you can deduce is they have more money than sense and are very impatient. OR could have been someone who wanted the watch and knew there was so way in hell they were gonna ever get one from an AD. I still like to think the former. Lol

“It’s a watch, it tells time. Not much else”
Sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 09:45 AM   #36
Rolex Essex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, DJ & Sub
I was at the Rolex boutique in Harrods last week and it was like a Datejust gallery.
The large Rolex store just outside Knightsbridge underground station was just as bad.
Rolex Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 09:47 AM   #37
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britus View Post
As many here I am on waiting list for hopefully for a Pepsi. While traveling to London I thought I would check to see what the UK stores had.

First store I stumble across in the city had this pair in the window. Of course it was a grey market dealer but was great to see one in the flesh for the first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The one on the left is notable. The one on the right, meh.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 10:05 AM   #38
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
The one on the left is notable. The one on the right, meh.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 07:06 PM   #39
Raku
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer
This shameless dealer is also blatantly misinforming the public, the BLNR is not a limited edition watch.
Raku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 09:46 PM   #40
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutats View Post
Are you sure it wasn't Selfridges if you're referring to the Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze Blue as they are only retailed at Bucherer because I don't think there's one in Harrods.

What was the reason they didn't want to sell it to you?
Yes, your right, Selfridges had the Tudor bronze/blue it wasn’t for sale. No clue why they didn’t want to sell it. Didn’t matter though, I have one anyways

Harrods didn’t seem to have the Green Bezel Tudor Black Bay, this one I would’ve bought right then.
Old 31 August 2018, 09:48 PM   #41
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, your right, Selfridges had the Tudor bronze/blue it wasn’t for sale. No clue why they didn’t want to sell it. Didn’t matter though, I have one anyways

Harrods didn’t seem to have the Green Bezel Tudor Black Bay, this one I would’ve bought right then.
EDIT: not much at Watches of Switzerland LHR either
Old 5 September 2018, 12:37 AM   #42
Shakini
"TRF" Member

Watch: TBB (red), YMR
There's a TT Bluesy Sub sitting in the WoS window in Canary Wharf.
There's also a Rhodium YM but no one seems to care about that!
Old 5 September 2018, 12:49 AM   #43
Air Rescue 5
Banned

Watch: GMT MII
Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
Funny how seeing them side by side in the window like that, and if I weren’t familiar with the hype/demand surrounding the Pepsi right now, I would have picked the BLNR between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree...all day long!
Air Rescue 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2018, 01:07 AM   #44
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

the irony is a huge part of the appeal of these hot watches across a few brands is the fact that they are "worth" so much over retail. Non-buyers become buyers in these conditions. Don't forget the only reason they are this popular is because "some mug" buys them at these prices. If they didn't you might not want the watch either, even at retail, if you lost 25% or more if you got bored and sold it.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2018, 01:14 AM   #45
ColnagoC60
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Pictures of what I saw around the City of London

I saw a lot of SS OP’s but no GMT, Subs, explorers or the big diver watches. A few Yacht-Masters
That's WoS Oxford St across Selfridges right? That's where I bought my Sub Date 13 years ago. At that time, the sports models could usually still make it to the display case, though the rep told me they don't stay there for more than a day or 2. But supply was plenty. That same day, I crossed to Selfridges and they even had a Sea Dweller and GMT SS. WoS in Bond St had a Sub Date too, but was just about to be displayed. Those were the days...
ColnagoC60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2018, 01:17 AM   #46
93 Turbo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex.Tudor.PAM
Grey dealer here in Sydney had the new Pepsi in his window, not for long mind you. Listed at $35,000AUS, ended selling it for just over $30,000AUS.

Just nuts, and Rolex aren't doing them selves any favours by trickle delivering these, the waiting lists are getting longer, and I believe a lot potential buyers are getting sick of waiting years for a stainless steel watch.

Even the Tudor GMT is difficult to get and there are waiting list for this watch, again this is stupid for a Tudor...
93 Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2018, 02:07 AM   #47
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColnagoC60 View Post
That's WoS Oxford St across Selfridges right? That's where I bought my Sub Date 13 years ago. At that time, the sports models could usually still make it to the display case, though the rep told me they don't stay there for more than a day or 2. But supply was plenty. That same day, I crossed to Selfridges and they even had a Sea Dweller and GMT SS. WoS in Bond St had a Sub Date too, but was just about to be displayed. Those were the days...
correct. Its the one that got robbed recently. You probably saw a video of it. Someone videotaped it on a smart phone from where that bus stop is.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 5 September 2018, 02:38 AM   #48
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:

There’s two on there at the moment - one for £17,250 and one for £17,450. That’s over 256% of list price! Crazy times.
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2018, 03:07 AM   #49
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Crazy grey prices!
That Idiots continue to pay.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2018, 04:55 AM   #50
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColnagoC60 View Post
I was passing there last week and was more interested in popping into the waffle place by the station. Sign of the times. The Mayfair Chippy round the corner is also the best in town.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2018, 05:02 AM   #51
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I was passing there last week and was more interested in popping into the waffle place by the station. Sign of the times. The Mayfair Chippy round the corner is also the best in town.
and skip Ben's Cookies
Old 14 September 2018, 05:53 PM   #52
Shakini
"TRF" Member

WoS in Canary Wharf have in their window the following SS models:

AirKing
YM 37mm Rhodium
YM 40mm Blue Dial

Gotta say, the blue dial on the YM looks awesome.
Old 14 September 2018, 08:57 PM   #53
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Turn about is fair play ... still have yet to see one anywhere here
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2018, 11:53 PM   #54
Shakini
"TRF" Member

Spotted in Canary Wharf today:

Yatchfest in WoS Canary Wharf

Some Jubilee love...

Polar Explorer in David M Robinson - Canary Wharf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 September 2018, 12:48 AM   #55
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Good selection above if they can be bought unbundled.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
london , united kingdom