The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 6 September 2011, 10:14 AM   #1
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Value Questions - Navitimer

I'm actively shopping for my first Breitling. I currently wear an Omega Seamaster Professional as an everyday watch.

I found one I like; a 2 tone Navimeter II, with a steel grey face and white sub-dials at 6, 9 and 12, so I guess it's a little older ? The guy at the shop thought maybe 4-6 years old and that was all he offered. It also has gold Arabic numbers, gold bezel and gold hands.

OK, my questions would be are rarer color dials worth any more than the blue, black and white you see more often? Does the steel bracelet add value over leather or an exotic band? Is 2 tone worth more than all stainless? It appears roman and Arabic numbers are less common, any value there?

The watch is perfect, looks brand new, I think it's a good deal. Maybe not great. As a newbie it's hard for me to compare values on different watches I have seen over the last 30 days. I'll have to say this is the most striking and different watch I have seen from the dozens I have looked at in Vegas and here in Scottsdale.

Thanks, in 24 hours after finding this site I have learned sooo much !!
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2011, 02:53 AM   #2
ErikSzper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM326
Good questions. First, there is no crystal ball to tell us what will or won't be valuable down the road. That being said, since you are buying pre-owned, you should be able to get a similar value out of either metal options, because someone already took the loss on the retail bump that two tone pieces have which are rarely supported on the secondary market.

The bracelet is always a better way to go, never needs to be replaced, where as the leather and crocs are just waiting to be. The dial variances have not dictated a value difference historically, unless the watch was only made in certian dial options as a limited edition option. In fact, I would argue that more common color would hold a better value because it may appeal to a larger audience.

It sounds like you found a great piece! Enjoy!
ErikSzper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2011, 03:20 AM   #3
Mercmanuk
"TRF" Member

Dare i say it most brietlings drop like a stone in ££££, only a few remain of value, and fewer increase.

in fact i know of none that would increase apart from the Navitimer over a few years.

sorry probably get slated.
Mercmanuk is offline   Reply With Quote