The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!! > eBay & Internet Sales WatchOut

Closed Thread

Old 20 September 2018, 10:37 AM   #31
hnn17
"TRF" Member

Candidate for watchout section, it's a different approach from the usual grandfathers stories.
Old 20 September 2018, 10:51 AM   #32
Dompropat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Yikes, get your money back. That's a fake.
Old 20 September 2018, 10:55 AM   #33
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dompropat View Post
Yikes, get your money back. That's a fake.
Sorry OP, the big arrow at the 12 hour marker on the dial, above the Rolex crown, goes down way too far.. simply google images of a dial on the same model # for perspective

Get your refund going ASAP plz
Old 20 September 2018, 10:57 AM   #34
JacksonStone
Banned

I concur with the others. Fake AF.
Old 20 September 2018, 01:52 PM   #35
grymg
"TRF" Member

Ouch, I suck at legit checks, thought it was real. Shows how less robust a fake is if you can break the clasp like that. Anyways hope you get your money back.
Old 20 September 2018, 02:05 PM   #36
peterhansen1
Banned

I'd say around 800
Old 20 September 2018, 02:16 PM   #37
Frakis
2024 Pledge Member

I’m not an expert by any means, but there are many details that look off to me! Get a refund ASAP!
Old 20 September 2018, 02:21 PM   #38
Gmt+10
"TRF" Member

The crown guards look uneven. Hopefully the watch is real or you get a full refund.
Old 20 September 2018, 02:38 PM   #39
NiXoN69
Banned

Watch: Omega calibre 354
Hi Guys,
the photos i attached aren't clear, when i look at the one on ebay and enlarge the details i can see;
the bezel number are clearly deep.
the 1000feet=300m, the spacing depend on the year, before 2015 the space is bigger.
the engraving on the inner ring conform with rolex, and this is one of the more difficult ting to replicate.

but i am worry anyway, as soon it arrives i will do a few self inspections, normally when the crown in unscrewed and the stam is pulled it should not have any radial play, the turning of the crown when you set the time has to be smooth and the unscrewing e screwing of the crown has to be smooth also. than i bring it to a watch maker shop that deals with rolex all the time, we will see how the calibre looks, color of springs and gears.
and if i no sure i will send it to the service center Rolex in Kuala Lumpur.

and if it is a fake paypal and ebay will be informed, i had a dispute a few years back and it was resolved within a short time.

i did have the opportunity to play with some high-end replicas a few years back and as soon i had them in my hands i spotted them immediately.

hope i don't have to go trough some troubles with this one, it was an semi impulse buy.

if 1 day i will buy another watch it will be surely not on ebay .

the watch has been send and i guess it will arrive within 10 days (UPS) , than i will post new photos of better quality.

wish you all a nice day.
Old 20 September 2018, 02:43 PM   #40
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Everyone here could be right, but if someone was going to go through with selling a fake, why would they sell a broken fake?
Old 20 September 2018, 04:35 PM   #41
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXoN69 View Post
Hi Guys,
the photos i attached aren't clear, when i look at the one on ebay and enlarge the details i can see;
the bezel number are clearly deep.
the 1000feet=300m, the spacing depend on the year, before 2015 the space is bigger.
the engraving on the inner ring conform with rolex, and this is one of the more difficult ting to replicate.
You're pointing out things that look "right" about the watch (although those are debatable). To spot a fake, you look for what's wrong, because on a real Rolex, there should be nothing indicating a lack of authenticity. Even one or two tells should be enough to convince an astute buyer to stay away. The members here have already pointed out a lot of reasons to question authenticity. Some of the problems I'm seeing haven't even been mentioned. Indeed, there is so much wrong with this watch that if you hadn't already bought it, I would absolutely urge you not to purchase it. At this point, you have no choice but to wait to get the watch and inspect it yourself, but if I were in your position, I wouldn't be trying to convince myself it's real.

I hope you get this worked out.
Old 20 September 2018, 04:37 PM   #42
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
Everyone here could be right, but if someone was going to go through with selling a fake, why would they sell a broken fake?
That's not the right way to look at it. Who knows why sellers of fakes do what they do? Questions like that just cause you to doubt your own judgment and observations. When trying to make a determination, absent an authentication by a professional, all you can do is look at the watch itself and note the indications of inauthenticity, which on this watch are numerous.
Old 20 September 2018, 05:45 PM   #43
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhansen1 View Post
I'd say around 800
800 what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
I have a different question. If someone is seriously going to go through with buying a real recent Rolex, why buy a broken one?

The watch in the pictures is broken and it is very low quality, Aliexpress or lower. The end links and the way they fit the case are very bad indeed. Brand new in 100% condition this fake may have been worth something like $40. With a broken bracelet it is essentially worthless. Whoever sold this on ebay has a hell of a nerve.
Old 20 September 2018, 06:11 PM   #44
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
selling a broken rolex at a discounted price, and the photos all suggest it's not an authentic one. just take the watch to an AD to confirm it and start the refund process if I were you.
Old 20 September 2018, 06:18 PM   #45
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
I am really starting to think he's not the one who bought the watch, he's actually the one who is planning to sell this broken watch.
Old 20 September 2018, 06:30 PM   #46
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
I am really starting to think he's not the one who bought the watch, he's actually the one who is planning to sell this broken watch.
You may be onto something there. There is something fishy going on.

OP, please provide a link to the ebay listing you allegedly purchased this watch from, and or some kind of proof to your story. (A screen shot of this watch in your ebay purchase history, along with the $5000 price you allegedly paid would do fine I guess.) If not, then in my opinion this thread should be deleted and the OP banned.
Old 20 September 2018, 06:45 PM   #47
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
OP, please provide a link to the ebay listing you allegedly purchased this watch from, and or some kind of proof to your story. (A screen shot of this watch in your ebay purchase history, along with the $5000 price you allegedly paid would do fine I guess.) If not, then in my opinion this thread should be deleted and the OP banned.
Good idea. That's why I haven't actually posted my observations about what's wrong with it.
Old 20 September 2018, 06:47 PM   #48
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
800 what?
I think he meant $800 for the replacement clasp. It would have helped if he'd quoted the question to which he was responding, since this thread had obviously moved on quite a lot from the OP's initial concern.
Old 20 September 2018, 07:14 PM   #49
ashokleyland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060,PAM,DJ
if you are on good faith as seller, and selling product on digital world, picture is your best friend to gain the trust of the buyer,
we are now living on time where a megapixel camera/mobile are readily available, seller who gives picture of a watch on low resolution/cropped is an instant red flag, its either they stole those picture or they want to hide minute details of the watch to the buyer.
Old 20 September 2018, 07:17 PM   #50
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
These threads never end well. That's why talks of fakes and counterfeits aren't allowed for discussion here. But here we are, helping counterfeiters determine how to be "better"....
All the flags are present:
weird story
blurry pictures
missing details
crappy watch
irresponsive op, or responds w more questionable decisions and answers
Old 20 September 2018, 07:24 PM   #51
Gmt+10
"TRF" Member

The OP's initial concern was the cost of a new clasp so I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt.
Old 20 September 2018, 07:30 PM   #52
ashokleyland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060,PAM,DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
These threads never end well. That's why talks of fakes and counterfeits aren't allowed for discussion here. But here we are, helping counterfeiters determine how to be "better"....
All the flags are present:
weird story
blurry pictures
missing details
crappy watch
irresponsive op, or responds w more questionable decisions and answers
this thread needs a "closed thread" hammer.
Old 20 September 2018, 09:47 PM   #53
nektar
"TRF" Member

rolex 114060

Quote:
Oh man... Sorry if it is too late for you, but don't buy something, just because it seems like a good deal. If someone is selling a 114060 with a broken clasp, then chances are there is is much more wrong with the watch than a broken clasp. Any legitimate seller with a genuine 114060 will fix the watch first and then sell it.

If it looks too good to be true it probably is, and chances are that watch is a fake.

Simply to return it for a full refund would be my advice.

No if he could not afford it.. I start to believe that. More than the 50 percent of ss Rolex buyers cannot afford one.

That one is fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 September 2018, 10:38 AM   #54
NiXoN69
Banned

Hi Guys,
i have a beautiful family with children, i am not rich, and if i can save 1 or 2k USD i will.
the 5 k i spent will not influence the live style of my family, but the 1 or 2 k saved will bring us joy.
i just wanted to know about the clasp, i guess the service center in Kuala Lumpur will let me know.
the watch will arrive end of next week, and i will post detailed photo of it. unless as the thread.

wish you guys a nice weekend.
Old 21 September 2018, 10:40 AM   #55
NiXoN69
Banned

sorry i meant;
unless the thread is deleted.
Old 21 September 2018, 11:17 AM   #56
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
i have a beautiful family with children, i am not rich, and if i can save 1 or 2k USD i will.
the 5 k i spent will not influence the live style of my family, but the 1 or 2 k saved will bring us joy.
That's certainly understandable. While a Rolex is a luxury item, it still makes sense not to pay more for one than you have to. The trick is not to get taken. In this case, you didn't save $2k on a Sub; you wasted $5k on a fake, unless you can get it back. Relying on PayPal to refund your money as a justification for taking unnecessary risks is unwise. You're always better off having the money in your pocket, rather than trying to get it back from an unethical seller. There were enough indications of inauthenticity on this watch that should have put you off buying it, had you recognized them. My suggestion is you spend some time learning what to look for before your next purchase, assuming you intend to continue buying through non-authorized sellers (especially on eBay). You can also post pictures here seeking input before pulling the trigger.

Again, good luck, and I hope it works out for you.
Old 21 September 2018, 12:00 PM   #57
Coop13
Banned

Watch: SBGW231, SRP777
Well, the watch actually looks good to me... when i first saw the pictures it seemed a bit off because of the bezel and color of the bezel inserts. But anyone who owns this watch knows how the bezel can look "grey" at times, there are pictures on the forum where people write about how they like that about the watch. I don't see what's wrong with the arrow above rolex either.
the only thing i am a bit unsure of is the endlink, but honestly those don't look bad, just the picture of the endlinks on the backside i'm not sure of.
Old 21 September 2018, 12:05 PM   #58
mdubya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Guys,
i just wanted to know about the clasp, i guess the service center in Kuala Lumpur will let me know.
the watch will arrive end of next week, and i will post detailed photo of it. unless as the thread.

wish you guys a nice weekend.
You have multiple people telling you that the watch is fake, and you should listen to that advice. Worrying about the clasp is pointless. What you should be worrying about right now is getting your money back when the watch arrives.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the watch in the photos you posted is not a genuine Submariner. It is a counterfeit. I could tell you why, and what "model" of fake it is, but there is no point in that. As soon as it arrives, please take it to the RSC and get a service estimate. When it comes back "not of Rolex manufacture" open a dispute with Paypal/eBay and upload the RSC papers.
Old 21 September 2018, 12:13 PM   #59
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop13 View Post
Well, the watch actually looks good to me... when i first saw the pictures it seemed a bit off because of the bezel and color of the bezel inserts. But anyone who owns this watch knows how the bezel can look "grey" at times, there are pictures on the forum where people write about how they like that about the watch. I don't see what's wrong with the arrow above rolex either.
the only thing i am a bit unsure of is the endlink, but honestly those don't look bad, just the picture of the endlinks on the backside i'm not sure of.
I do own that watch (date version), and the bezel scale never fades out that much, unless it's in the dark. Indeed, one of the things I love about the bezel is the way the numbers "pop" from any angle in contrast to the black ceramic. The bezel on OP's watch looks more worn out than a 50-year-old hooker. A genuine Rolex might look that way if it had been horribly abused, but the more likely explanation is it's a fake that had a lousy application of whatever powder was used for the numbers. There is also a lot more wrong with the watch that you haven't caught, but we're generally discouraged from detailing it.
Old 21 September 2018, 12:17 PM   #60
mdubya
"TRF" Member

Crown guards, rehuat, lume plots, hour hand, i could go on and on, watch is a fake, please get your money back ASAP when it arrives.
Closed Thread