The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 9 March 2024, 02:44 AM   #1
Precision Patrol
"TRF" Member

Insuring my Rolex

Hi all,

Looking to get my Rolex insured that I bought preowned from AD. Was wondering if anyone had some recommendations on Insurance companies specific to watches. I've heard good things about Briteco, that they cover loss, theft, disappearance etc....also Gemshield and Jewelers Mutual. Any suggestions or experience with claims/companies would be greatly appreciated. Also, what do I insure my watch for? For the price I paid for it on my receipt or must I get an appraisal from a jeweler and insure at the appraised value. I'm sure what I paid was a little higher than what the appraised value would come in at. In the past I've used State Farm Jewelry Policy with my Bulgari watches, but they were all bought new from Bulgari , so they were insured for exactly what I paid for them..Thank you for any insight on this
Precision Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 11:03 AM   #2
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
Hodinkee Insurance
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 11:38 AM   #3
Tigereye
2024 Pledge Member

insurance

I insured mine with Briteco. I don't have any experience with them or other jewelry insurance companies. I insured it for the same amount I paid. They did not ask for an appraisal but I sent them the receipt. Good luck.
Tigereye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 11:40 AM   #4
mrlube1151001
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41 TT sub
I am with Chubb.
mrlube1151001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 12:48 PM   #5
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 279171-0001
I have one Rolex, purchased brand new from an AD in 2022. It's insured by Jewelers Mutual. I scanned the receipt, and attached it to my online application for insurance. The price for the watch was $9,850, and after the tax was added the purchase price was $10,736.50. I insured it for $11,000 and when the policy renewed last year JM automatically upped the coverage by several hundred dollars. I could get a current appraisal on the watch and if the value turns out to be substantially more than it's insured for I could increase the coverage. But I have a zero deductible, so (in my mind at least), a little bit lower coverage is negated by not having a deductible. Crazy? Possibly. But my Rolex is a 28mm Lady Datejust which is not a wildly popular in-demand model, so I'm not really worried about it getting stolen and needing to replace it.
KathleenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 12:01 AM   #6
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Hodinkee Insurance is my choice. It is mindless in that you do not need an appraisal and you get to set the value. I was with Jewelers Mutual but they were difficult to work with and needed appraisals. Many here will tell you that it is costly to insure with Hodinkee/Chubb and that will be based on where you live and the risk that the insurance company will assume. Always keep your Home Owners/Rental Insurance away from your Jewelry policy so that if you should suffer a loss it will not be the reason for non-renewal. Go check them out on the Hodinkee website. I have no claims experience to share but several on here have told stories and I do not remember an issue. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 01:14 AM   #7
ltmgeller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
A friend I met through the forum who did his research on the topic recommended State Farm. I use them and am very happy.
Old 10 March 2024, 02:01 AM   #8
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Add a personal articles rider to your homeowners policy if you have one.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote