The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 May 2018, 02:52 AM   #1
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

new shoes for pair of omegas

had been trying to figure out for YEARS if the omega deployant was for me. had a few run-ins with knockoffs (unbeknownst to me at time of purchase), which left a bad impression with me... albeit unfair to the solid quality of the genuine product.

decided to stay with the SS bracelets for both, and was quite happy with the decision.

then spontaneously came across a pre-owned alligator+deployant. again, was hesitant based on past experience. but decided to give it a shot... this time with strict verification of the product. even still, wasn't really going to know until i received in the mail.

then in parallel came across another strap, this time snoopy+deployant, and considered this for the SMP great white - a watch that i long considered adding a WHITE rubber strap, but wasn't quite committed to such a leap. but thought the black cordura with white stitching would be a 'safer' jump.
same thing, tried my best to verify authenticity of the deployant.

purchased from different buyers, but coincidentally arrived in the mail at the same time.
happy to confirm everything is genuine.
but more than anything else, WOW i love the strap + oem deployant combo.

the speedy is now transformed to a very elegantly sophisticated piece with polished deployant. the black alligator is just pure classy. and I'm glad to have gotten the version with the thicker and semi-curved ends as it helps to close the lug gap much more than the flat/straight version of the OEM gator.

conversely, the black/white of the snoopy strap is a great complement to the smp gmt, and further highlights the sporty nature of the piece. plus the brushed deployant is a perfect matchup to the satin brush case.

recently added the micro-adjust clasp to the speedy's steel bracelet, so feel a bit frivolous to swap on a new strap so soon. but the allowable variation to give the speedy such a different character altogether is quite enjoyable.

very pleased with both.
and thrilled to be going strap on both of these for awhile.

tonupbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2018, 03:55 AM   #2
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Great straps. I agree Omega has very quality straps/deployant setups.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 05:31 AM   #3
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Those straps look great!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote