The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 22 July 2017, 10:24 AM   #31
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Wow that summer edition looks amazing on you. You've got the right sized wrist for it. I think the 5164 in SS however would be a perfect watch to compliment the other larger ones you have. It still has a LOT of cool wrist presence and it can be used for literally everything. I have one on order as well.
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 10:50 PM   #32
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
I'm considering whether to part with my DSSD Deep Blue. I don't wear it much and for me it no longer competes against my other watches - and with my new YG YM2 hopefully appearing soon, plus possibly an AP Summer Edition later in the year, it may have to go.
Those are some pretty striking incomings! Please post photos when they land
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 10:58 PM   #33
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
Wow that summer edition looks amazing on you. You've got the right sized wrist for it. I think the 5164 in SS however would be a perfect watch to compliment the other larger ones you have. It still has a LOT of cool wrist presence and it can be used for literally everything. I have one on order as well.
Thanks! After being underwhelmed by the SD43 and committing to wait until it was readily available in ADs, I got the call last week and bought one last weekend....and it is really, really growing on me. It's a great "do anything/ wear anywhere" watch and is very well proportioned

I do find myself going back to the photos of the 5164 and the 5164a has gone almost right to the top of my "must have" list, just after an incoming I'm expecting next week. I've actually even warmed to the 5164R, in spite of brown straps really not being my thing
Old 26 July 2017, 10:59 PM   #34
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
I told the AD I wanted one two years ago and nothing. When i actually started buying watches from them fairly recently, it magically appeared.
Great photos like these just reinforce my desire to acquire a 5164. Great, great acquisition!
Old 26 July 2017, 11:01 PM   #35
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
I'm considering whether to part with my DSSD Deep Blue. I don't wear it much and for me it no longer competes against my other watches - and with my new YG YM2 hopefully appearing soon, plus possibly an AP Summer Edition later in the year, it may have to go.
I got rid of my DSSD for the same reason. Its a great watch but can't compete with the AP ROO's for wrist time.

can't wait to see the summer edition
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 11:03 PM   #36
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
Great photos like these just reinforce my desire to acquire a 5164. Great, great acquisition!
thanks. Really loving it so far and any issues i had with size pre-purchase are gone. Its really a perfect size and super comfortable.

Literally no one knows what it is so its perfect for a travel watch. Went to a Rolex AD in Texas to try on watches a few days ago since the UK has no stock and even they had no idea what it was. Super under the radar.
Old 26 July 2017, 11:11 PM   #37
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
T I've actually even warmed to the 5164R, in spite of brown straps really not being my thing
That was my issue with the 5164R too. Too brown and earthy toned. I have zero brown in my wardrobe so that would be an issue. Its a stunning watch though, just not on me