The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 26 July 2017, 10:44 PM   #1
WWCO
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
London Boutique

I can't remember what thread it was but I recall seeing someone mention about AP opening a boutique in London, does anyone happen to know when they plan on doing this? No to be mistaken for the APSC in London which I know you can buy the limited edition and novelty pieces from.
WWCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 10:56 PM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

I've heard rumors for a while and its quite shocking that London doesn't have one already. So I'm betting yes for sure, as to when though I have no idea.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 11:05 PM   #3
WWCO
"TRF" Member

I wonder if it has something do to with the effect it would have on the AD's in the U.K., surely it would effect the number of sales, I for sure know I would rather deal direct with AP just for the kind of customer relation AP give. Not that I have a bad word to say about my local AP AD Owen & Robinson, quite the opposite.
Old 26 July 2017, 11:13 PM   #4
watchluxus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not Enough
Yes, an AP boutique will be opening up in London. This is the main reason as to why Marcus Watches stopped stocking AP.
watchluxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 11:14 PM   #5
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWCO View Post
I wonder if it has something do to with the effect it would have on the AD's in the U.K., surely it would effect the number of sales, I for sure know I would rather deal direct with AP just for the kind of customer relation AP give. Not that I have a bad word to say about my local AP AD Owen & Robinson, quite the opposite.
well the rumors have also included AP tightening allocations to AD's in London over the past year or so and the fact that Marcus lost their AD status a year ago in mysterious circumstances was very odd. That was basically the London boutique. Now that its gone there is a huge void.

All of that points to a boutique as well.

Here is my wild speculation, and remember you heard it here first. With Marcus closing down all together 3 days ago, there is an open building on Bond street. Add that to the fact of Marcus's long history with AP and the fact Marcus referenced "brands opening boutiques on Bond Street" as a reason they were shutting down (in an email to their customers) as they can't compete as well as they use to. That is where the AP boutique will be located. Its the most logical outcome.
Old 26 July 2017, 11:18 PM   #6
WWCO
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchluxus View Post
Yes, an AP boutique will be opening up in London. This is the main reason as to why Marcus Watches stopped stocking AP.
Now that reminds me! I saw it on a thread where someone had visited Marcus and pictured the AP's at crazy discounted prices.
Old 26 July 2017, 11:41 PM   #7
watchluxus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now that reminds me! I saw it on a thread where someone had visited Marcus and pictured the AP's at crazy discounted prices.
Exactly!
Old 27 July 2017, 12:12 AM   #8
WWCO
"TRF" Member

Here is my wild speculation, and remember you heard it here first. With Marcus closing down all together 3 days ago, there is an open building on Bond street. Add that to the fact of Marcus's long history with AP and the fact Marcus referenced "brands opening boutiques on Bond Street" as a reason they were shutting down (in an email to their customers) as they can't compete as well as they use to. That is where the AP boutique will be located. Its the most logical outcome.[/QUOTE]

I'm liking the theory, I'll hold you to it!
Old 27 July 2017, 12:29 AM   #9
watchluxus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here is my wild speculation, and remember you heard it here first. With Marcus closing down all together 3 days ago, there is an open building on Bond street. Add that to the fact of Marcus's long history with AP and the fact Marcus referenced "brands opening boutiques on Bond Street" as a reason they were shutting down (in an email to their customers) as they can't compete as well as they use to. That is where the AP boutique will be located. Its the most logical outcome.
I'm liking the theory, I'll hold you to it![/QUOTE]

Interesting. I had no clue Marcus had closed down completely. It is very possible, as Marcus and AP had a very close relationship. AP even made a limited edition for Marcus.
Old 27 July 2017, 03:16 AM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Here is my wild speculation, and remember you heard it here first. With Marcus closing down all together 3 days ago, there is an open building on Bond street.

Are you suggesting we all put a consortium together? Might still be quicker than what is being planned.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2017, 06:54 AM   #11
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Are you suggesting we all put a consortium together? Might still be quicker than what is being planned.
that works too , although quicker is relative ... whatever moves into that space, I've lived in the UK long enough to know construction moves at a snails pace, so 12 to 18 months for a simple renovation sounds about right.