The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 27 March 2020, 07:48 PM   #31
Woody
"TRF" Member

My Oysterdate (Ref: 6494) is currently being serviced by the RSC - it has a 1215 movement and dates to 1958. I sent it for service in early January via my AD so the fact that it has now been away for over two months likely means it has been returned to Switzerland rather then being serviced by the UK RSC. The quote for service was reasonable. I don't see any reason why your DJ can't be serviced via the same process. i will post some pictures when I get it back......whenever that will be!!
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 11:19 AM   #32
Claven2
"TRF" Member

100% for sure, the Toronto Rolex Service Centre does work on Rolex 1601 datejusts. I just had one done in November 2019.
Claven2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 08:33 AM   #33
Claven2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton_Horologist View Post
I would always advise against using a watchmaker just because they are local. If you want to go the RSC route, that is totally fine. But be aware of the service you will get. New hands, new dial, etc are alll possible if they deem it necessary. Refinishing of the case and bracelet is standard practice so if you don’t won’t it done, you will need to instruct them. When choosing an independent, if you that route, make sure they truly understand vintage restoration. It’s a very different game to servicing a modern watch.
I keep hearing this, but every time I use toronto rsc, they quote me on hands and dial (and bezel inserts) as option repairs. If I say no, they don't change them.

Rolex dials are over $600. They don't change them for free without asking.
Claven2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2020, 01:51 PM   #34
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
I keep hearing this, but every time I use toronto rsc, they quote me on hands and dial (and bezel inserts) as option repairs. If I say no, they don't change them.
It seems to vary by RSC.

Mine (Tokyo) insisted on doing everything they wanted to do, otherwise they'd refuse to do the service. I turned down their kind offer to put a service dial and luminova hands on my original white gold 1969 Day-Date, and went elsewhere.
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote