The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 6 May 2019, 02:07 AM   #181
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Anything Nick?

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 06:11 AM   #182
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Got to love how the OP just fell off the face of the earth on this thread. Not others of course, just this one.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 06:14 AM   #183
RLX_NY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Got to love how the OP just fell off the face of the earth on this thread. Not others of course, just this one.
+1 like seriously why even bother starting a thread if your not going to provide any update/closure.. ohh well hopefully everything worked out for the OP
RLX_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 06:16 AM   #184
johnjm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLX_NY View Post
+1 like seriously why even bother starting a thread if your not going to provide any update/closure.. ohh well hopefully everything worked out for the OP
He last posted on the forum 5 hours ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 14 May 2019, 09:16 AM   #185
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Which category is self-employed with no employees?

According to the SSA, both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 09:21 AM   #186
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Anything Nick?
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=674935
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 09:36 AM   #187
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I was employed by a Fortune 30 company in a mid level incentive based comp role from 2006 until March 1. I had the opportunity to take a position in a different division in the company that I could not pass up. It was a spot where I had time to make the transition the right way.

Went to my current boss who I had a good relationship with (and was not a big “corporate guy”) and asked him what he thought about the opportunity and we talked thru the pros and cons of the new gig.

I ended up giving him 30+ days notice to try to find a replacement and still talk to him almost weekly.

Right after I transitioned out of my role the company terminated 7 of my counterparts essentially cutting our team in half. Most of the people that were fired were 25+ year employees in their 50’s. There is zero loyalty anymore with large companies. They are now trying to pay them severance pay that is about 25% of what the company has traditionally paid everyone in the past.

From the looks of the other thread about buying a 911 the OP posted this was sorted out. No idea how but it was a sticky one.

If the CEO didn’t fire his GM he is insane. Wonder if the GM was using the call as a tool to pay the OP less money by knowing that he would need a job after the old one fired him for looking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 10:04 AM   #188
nick800
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you think things may have been in flux for a bit?

The in person interview was a disaster. I don’t even know why they spent the money. Totally disorganized. Would love to name the company, but it serves no positive purpose.

Some doors close. Others open. No big deal.

What I have affirmed, is that most companies do a terrible job at recruiting. HR should not be the lead. That is largely a compliance function.
nick800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 10:15 AM   #189
tie219
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMT, BBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick800 View Post

The in person interview was a disaster. I don’t even know why they spent the money. Totally disorganized. Would love to name the company, but it serves no positive purpose.

What I have affirmed, is that most companies do a terrible job at recruiting. HR should not be the lead. That is largely a compliance function.
Sorry to hear about the roller coaster of an experience you had.

I just recently went through the recruiting processes for several companies and found them to all be very professional.

It definitely depends largely on the organization though as you pointed out
tie219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 10:40 AM   #190
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Very sorry to hear this, Nick. Based on what you experienced previously it comes as no surprise though. Par for the course and something better will come at the right time.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 11:04 AM   #191
Tha Baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Good luck to you, just read through all this. Honestly, sounds the prospective company was a disaster. That GM guy deserves a kick to the head. F them...

Hope you got things righted at current spot or found a 3rd option
Tha Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 04:04 PM   #192
mjr24
Banned

Quote:
No offense, but it sounds like it was a lucrative position and it's pretty obvious there may have been questions as to legality with what happened, not to mention the guy could have been out of his current job due to this.

Is your need to know an update on gossip more important than his need to keep it private when legal matters and his job may have been at risk? GTFO, be serious.
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 11:26 PM   #193
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
No offense, but it sounds like it was a lucrative position and it's pretty obvious there may have been questions as to legality with what happened, not to mention the guy could have been out of his current job due to this.

Is your need to know an update on gossip more important than his need to keep it private when legal matters and his job may have been at risk? GTFO, be serious.
If he wanted to keep it private, perhaps don't start a thread and continually update it until you decide you its private again. Legal issues with vague references on the internet? As you said, be serious.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 11:51 PM   #194
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If he wanted to keep it private, perhaps don't start a thread and continually update it until you decide you its private again. Legal issues with vague references on the internet? As you said, be serious.
I think everyone that posted here deserved to hear the conclusion. A thank you all would be nice as well.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 12:28 AM   #195
RLX_NY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post

Quote:
No offense taken as my life would move on regardless but as SMD mentioned if he wanted to keep it private as you say, maybe don't start a thread talking about it on an online public forum?

Maybe not this case in particular, but there are many many times when someone starts a thread never to be heard from again. Besides that many people took the time to try and help out the OP so a simple closure/update would have helped (not asking for his whole life story) as a thank you to everyone who took the time to try and help out the OP.

Anyways life's to short to always be serious
Old 15 May 2019, 04:33 AM   #196
nick800
"TRF" Member

Did you not see my recent post?

Quote:
No offense taken as my life would move on regardless but as SMD mentioned if he wanted to keep it private as you say, maybe don't start a thread talking about it on an online public forum?

Maybe not this case in particular, but there are many many times when someone starts a thread never to be heard from again. Besides that many people took the time to try and help out the OP so a simple closure/update would have helped (not asking for his whole life story) as a thank you to everyone who took the time to try and help out the OP.

Anyways life's to short to always be serious
nick800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 04:54 AM   #197
RLX_NY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Did you not see my recent post?
No, guess I missed it. Regardless I never wish ill will on anyone so best of luck to you in any event hope it all worked out
Old 15 May 2019, 05:24 AM   #198
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Sorry to hear about this ordeal, Nick.

At least you stayed the course, like a professional and went to the interview. Thankfully, you were able to see the company for what it was before signing on.

Hopefully, no irreparable damage was done at your current position. Though, I know it has created quite the headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 06:56 AM   #199
mjr24
Banned

Quote:
Just because someone posts a thread asking for advice doesn't mean they are obligated to come back and update it when it's of sensitive nature.
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote