The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 10 September 2020, 03:42 AM   #1
50peso
"TRF" Member

Endurance Pro

The Endurance Pro has caught my eye, My only concern is to purchase one now, only to see it discounted in a few months. I hope to see one next week at a local shop. As a Rolex and Omega fan this may be a nice offset watch. Price at 3k is my main concern. Suggestions welcome!
50peso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 05:32 AM   #2
Undefeatable
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
I personally don't see a $3000 watch when I see those. I am painting with a broad brush here but its a quartz watch in a plastic case and a rubber strap.

I know I know "Its not plastic, it's Breitlight!" and "Its a thermo compensated super quartz!" but still...

They are kind of neat though, I think its a nice $1500 watch.
Undefeatable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 06:07 AM   #3
Shadow Play
"TRF" Member

I think they look great. A fantastic fun watch BUT I have to agree I think they are too expensive. If they had priced them lower I think they would prove to be a massive hit. I’d love them to bring out a slightly smaller three handed model at a lower price point.
Shadow Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 09:41 AM   #4
Droolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG SeaQ Pano date
I was intrigued when I saw it online and really liked it when I saw it in person. It wears great, and I love a split-second chrono. A true sporty watch.
Droolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2020, 11:51 AM   #5
Plebs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50peso View Post
The Endurance Pro has caught my eye, My only concern is to purchase one now, only to see it discounted in a few months. I hope to see one next week at a local shop. As a Rolex and Omega fan this may be a nice offset watch. Price at 3k is my main concern. Suggestions welcome!

Same I plan on buying the orange. I don’t think it will be discontinued. Although we see lots of people on the “it’s a quartz, not worth it” they have been selling quite well. Atleast what ima heating and seeing. Could they be priced cheaper, yes but still like them. Wish they included the Nato strap with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2020, 04:20 AM   #6
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I think in used condition these will settle around $1,500. Honestly, you can almost get a Tudor Ranger for that price. That said, I think at $1,500 you are getting one hell of a watch from Breitling.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 12:09 PM   #7
Runner7395
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Batman
Just ordered the red one. Been looking at them for a while for a sport watch.
Runner7395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 01:56 PM   #8
2Redbulls
"TRF" Member

Watch: I give up..
The design caught my eye too. Debating between a white or orange. My AD usually gives me a discount so we'll see if he can do anything.
2Redbulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 11:53 AM   #9
Droolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG SeaQ Pano date
Just nominated for GPHG award.
Droolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 07:45 AM   #10
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
I handled one at an AD a few weeks ago. I liked it. Super light watch. YMMV
Old 17 September 2020, 09:07 PM   #11
50peso
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droolex View Post
Just nominated for GPHG award.
Hope it doesn't win, everyone will want one, price will go up, and I wont be able to buy one! P.S. I like the blue color best
50peso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 04:02 PM   #12
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeatable View Post
I personally don't see a $3000 watch when I see those. I am painting with a broad brush here but its a quartz watch in a plastic case and a rubber strap.

I know I know "Its not plastic, it's Breitlight!" and "Its a thermo compensated super quartz!" but still...

They are kind of neat though, I think its a nice $1500 watch.
It's perspective. The last breitlight watch - the colt Skyracer was priced at $2000 and it was termed as least expensive Breitling. This is chronograph and better one at that, all being the Chronometer certified and don't see it being priced more lower. Maybe around $2700. But you get such huge discounts and that under $2K this is fabulous beater. Skyracer had 8 years battery, not sure of the battery life of this model!

For example: This Grand Seiko Quartz on a fabric strap, do you see a $3000 watch there? Coz this is also priced at $3K.

Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 05:05 AM   #13
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

I like the endurance pro, but my quartz GS GMT finishing of the hands and case, and dial are on another level compared to breitling at the same msrp. Granted not a chrono but it has a bracelet vs a rubber strap. Then again a completely different look/style. Definitely looking at the orange one.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 07:30 AM   #14
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
I like the endurance pro, but my quartz GS GMT finishing of the hands and case, and dial are on another level compared to breitling at the same msrp. Granted not a chrono but it has a bracelet vs a rubber strap. Then again a completely different look/style. Definitely looking at the orange one.
GS GMT Quartz is $3200 whereas above GS quartz with fabric and Endurance Pro - both are at $3K. That's a fair comparison.
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 07:16 AM   #15
JTejeda320
Banned

I have the Hurricane 45 which is made also made of Breitlight but has the in-house B01 automatic movement. Worth considering in you like the watch but think the price is too high for a quartz. I think it's a great watch and an awesome beater. It was discontinued and I was able to pick one up on clearance at a local jewelry store for 60% off so it came in slightly above what the Endurance Pro costs but considering the in-house movement its definitely worth the extra money.
JTejeda320 is offline   Reply With Quote