The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 23 September 2019, 08:17 AM   #31
MV-Watches
"TRF" Member

Mystery Solved (Hopefully)… long but please read.

Dear Watch Community & Friends.

This note is been writing by the real Maurice Villalobos. I had an account in TZ since November 2006 that was banned. My account from watchnet was also banned. I discovered that I was banned from all forums around October 2016.

Year 2016 was very bad for me (lost my mom and also my job) so I stayed away from hobbies for a while. When I tried to access my accounts in the forums sometime late 2016, I realized that I was banned everywhere. I sent a note to the TZ admin asking why a 10-year forum veteran with impeccable references was banned... Never got a response.

I guess banning the account of someone who has been accused of a scam, in a month or two (not sure what is the policy) gives little chance to the person to defend himself, but maybe this is an issue for a separate discussion.

Back to the point: Today I found this other forum that I didn’t know existed, so I decided to post an explanation, knowing that I have several friends here (many even met in person) and we have made deals successfully in the past. Today I decided it was time for me to raise my head and provide an explanation.

Long story short: I posted a Rolex for sale in TZ in 2016. I received some mails inquiring, but I guess I was stupid enough to click on a phishing site (yes I know that are warnings all over the place). All I remember is I was contacted by someone using an avatar of a black-shoe (can’t remember the name and can’t track since the maurix account was also closed on my request to google). I think that avatar was also copied from an honest seller from TZ. The rest was just a nightmare. I discovered someone using my name scammed a gentleman in watchnet and, in order to clear things, I immediately decided to send a note to the one affected… but surprisingly, never got any response from him. After that, I just stopped visiting the forums and decided to stay away from the hobby.

Today I realized that, 3 years later, still some scumbag(s) are trying to scam people using my name, so I decided to write this note here to finally clear things up, and especially because I NEVER did anything wrong. I know I had to come up with an explanation earlier, but I tried to settle things FIRST with the person affected, sometime late 2016.

Please note that the e-mail account used for the scam in 2016 was perfectly matched by the scammer to my account, I’m an IT engineer myself and I don’t know how this can be done, but since today I saw that someone is still trying to scam more people (please note the misspelling in the word TRITUM of the gmail account), I was encouraged to send this explanation and hoping nobody else is affected.

-

The following note is intended for Mr. Louis in Belgium, who I understand, was the one affected by the scumbag using my name and account.

Hello Louis: Yes I do remember you because you bought some watches from me in the past, in a smooth way as should be. I sent you a note sometime late 2016 after I found about the scam, but I never got a response from you.. which made me think that both, my account and your account could have been hacked. In that mail I offered my apologies for what happened and offered you a wire transfer to partially compensate your lost. I was surprised I did not get any response from you to that offering.

Today I want to, once again, offer a reimbursement for your loss publicly. Although I never understood why you ended up sending money to someone in the UK or US since you know where my bank account actually was (Costa Rica) from previous deals. I guess you were exchanging mails with a scammer and heaven knows what was agreed.

Anyways, today and like 3 years ago, I want to assume responsibility for what happened. For me, having my name CLEAR is the most important thing now. I’ve been in this watch hobby for decades and I know at least 20+ folks around the world who can vouch for me as honest and transparent person. Stealing $6k (I believe that was the amount) won’t make anyone rich. I never had any reason to steal anything from you or anyone in my 53 years of life. I guess it’s time to clear things up and assume responsibility for (probably) clicking on a phishing site, which affected my name severely.

I’m not rich by any means and although I’m struggling financially these days, I’m willing to send you a transfer for 50% of the amount loss, hoping to finally close this nasty chapter of my life. If you agree, please allow me to send 3 payments of $1k, one each month, to your bank account. I will take your word that you lost money to a scammer using my name; I do not need to see any proof. Your word is enough for me.

Please provide your email account and I will contact you to agree on the above proposal. If you still want to send me to hell, then I don’t blame you... But I hope we can close this together. Having my name clear is very important for me.

Sincerely, Maurice.

-

To all and finally:
I thought it was time for me to speak up and defend myself, since I know some of you gave me the “benefit of the doubt” after reading this thread. I was shocked to see that, besides this issue from 2016, three years later still some lowlife(s) continue trying to steal money from honest people using my name! Believe me, been in my position is even worst than been scammed. I may never go back this beautiful hobby after this.

For the records, please do NOT deal with anybody pretending to be Maurix Pure Tritum or similar. It’s obviously a scam, since I’m NOT using that account anymore. Please spread the word and let’s prevent more scams. This is all I ask from you. Thanks in advance.

Regards to you all and be safe!
MV-Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 09:36 AM   #32
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 14060M
I’ve approved the above post with some trepidation.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 09:43 AM   #33
58junior
"TRF" Member

This bank wire stuff is BS. PayPal or credit card. If they don’t take it, move on. You are the buyer, pay a little extra to use credit or PayPal, at least you have recourse.
58junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 10:28 AM   #34
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58junior View Post
This bank wire stuff is BS. PayPal or credit card. If they don’t take it, move on. You are the buyer, pay a little extra to use credit or PayPal, at least you have recourse.
Yep best advice you can get- period!
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 10:48 AM   #35
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58junior View Post
Yep best advice you can get- period!
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 11:20 AM   #36
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
I’ve approved the above post with some trepidation.
Sketchy for sure... Be careful everyone!
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 11:29 AM   #37
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Not passing the smell test tbh. Hard to verify any of the claims. Why would 'Mr Louis of Belgium' not bite his arm off to get a refund way back in 2016?
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 03:01 AM   #38
MV-Watches
"TRF" Member

As stated before, I will wait for a response from Louis here. I read that people were waiting to hear from the real maurice to close this case, so here I am.

And to all folks throwing stones at my post.. yes I'm OK with Paypal or whatever Louis wants.

Dear Lord, I guess once your name is associated with a scamm, there's very little you can do. I will close this with Louis and move away.
MV-Watches is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maurix , scam , scam alert , scammer