The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 10 May 2018, 06:03 AM   #31
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Since the OP sold it onward via eBay, he had the same burden of diligence that he now wants to hang onto the original seller.

For that reason it doesn’t seem fair to tarnish another seller. Methinks the title of this thread should be footnoted with, “by the way, don’t do business with me”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just seen this, how dare you???

I never inspected it, my wife listed it while I was away and took her own pictures.
Old 10 May 2018, 06:04 AM   #32
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
That's what it sounds like.
Definitely not, my wife took photos showing the damage was there when she received it.
Old 10 May 2018, 06:05 AM   #33
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcheeco View Post
You should be ashamed about yourself, buddy. You send the 1st PM to inform about that on 13/04 and on 16/04 (just 3 days after) you PM me “I have had no option but to ‘out’ you in the watch out section!” It seemed to you that I run away after the century deal, after I stole $100 million, lol. I can’t understand what you had in your mind
Me ashamed? You are denying responsibility for selling a damaged strap. I have pictures my wife took to prove it. Even my original eBay listing shows the glue at the end of the strap...refund me please!!
Old 10 May 2018, 06:06 AM   #34
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Be wary of the seller ‘tcheeco’

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
After seeing those pics I agree. Damage is the same shape, size and location. I think it was pre-existing so the OP does have a beef here. The other areas of damage can't be seen from the camera angle.

Can OP post a link to the Ebay listing? Can't find it

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Audem...anner=1&_rdt=1

Old 10 May 2018, 08:33 AM   #35
dmash
"TRF" Member

Crappy situation OP.

I think it goes without being said, you should definitely inspect your items when receiving and/or pay attention to pictures on the listing your wife makes on eBay for your items...

However, with that being said, the item was definitely misrepresented as he said ‘mint’. You should refund your eBay buyer, then the guy here should refund you. At the end of the day, you still misrepresented to the eBay buyer if you still said ‘mint’. It’s your responsibility to have full awareness of the items you sale on eBay. I say that, because otherwise you’re going to receive some bad feedback, as it’s not the new buyer’s fault. He’s in the same situation as you.

Hopefully this can go smoothly, best of luck.
Old 10 May 2018, 08:39 AM   #36
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfPunk View Post
It IS the same strap GUARANTEED.

I was away and asked my wife to list the strap on eBay as I’d sold my AP ROO. I said to go on my iMac and save the pictures from his listing on TRF and use those.

Well it turns out she took new photos and here they are CLEARLY showing the ‘glue’ mark and confirming it is the exact same strap.

Poor poor behaviour he’s denying all responsibility. Please look at the last eBay picture on my listing ... it shows the glued end of the strap
She took new photos of a clearly trashed strap and you listed it as mint using someone else's images?
Old 10 May 2018, 08:43 AM   #37
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
She took new photos of a clearly trashed strap and you listed it as mint using someone else's images?
That's the entire point I don't understand.

How does she take the photos of a mangled strap.......then makes a listing, having access to these photos.....and lists the strap as brand new. She doesn't even say 'mint' she says 'New with Tags'. I'd be pissed too if I was the new buyer.

Also weird, is her taking these pictures and the OP obviously having access to the eBay listing, but only contacting the original seller (over a month later) once another buyer gets the strap?

Not trying to take sides OP, but surely you can see how this just seems really, really weird.
Old 10 May 2018, 09:47 AM   #38
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Be wary of the seller ‘tcheeco’

Quote:
Just seen this, how dare you???

I never inspected it, my wife listed it while I was away and took her own pictures.

I understand your indignation, however you failed to exercise the same diligence that you are laying onto the original seller.

And blaming your wife? Really poor form IMHO.

Does anyone really know what time it is?

Last edited by 77T; 10 May 2018 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Typo fixed
Old 10 May 2018, 11:11 AM   #39
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

In this case lessoned learned. Always check a product as soon as received. Photos (and descriptions) can be very deceptive.
Old 10 May 2018, 12:44 PM   #40
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
im confused op. your wife inspected it why did you let her list it as bnwt?

there is clearly wear on the band notwithstanding the split at the end. look at your post picture 2. what is that dirt or wear on the strap between the ap and the s?

you may have a claim against the original seller whose attitude is poor at best. but i get why the seller is frustraited. you dont inspect it, relist it and then someone actually looks at it and says hey this isnt bnwt. now you complain with the excuse that you couldnt inspect it or didn't bother?

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 10 May 2018, 12:53 PM   #41
Etschell
"TRF" Member

the original trf sale shows the wear sign above the 4th hole on the strap. it wasnt mint. and most certainly it was never bnwt. but op could have seen that through the pictures. maybe my eyes are just better.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 10 May 2018, 05:51 PM   #42
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

FOR CLARIFICATION.

I was away on business when the strap arrived. My wife is not interested in watches and has never listed anything on eBay before.

I asked her to simply list the item on eBay as new (as I’d forgotten this was described as ‘mint’ and not new).

My wife simply listed it for me without thoroughly inspecting it as she thought it was new as that is what I’d mistakenly told her.

I trusted the TRF sellers description and the item sold pretty quickly so she posted it to the buyer in Australia.

Please could those offering disparaging comments about my conduct in this and what I should or shouldn’t have done, understand the above, I was away, my wife just did as I asked her.

Fact is, the TRF seller has sold me a damaged and poorly repaired strap. I have refunded the eBay buyer so now I simply need the TRF seller to do the right thing and refund me.

Thank you, Gary.
Old 10 May 2018, 06:03 PM   #43
MonBK
Banned

All this mudslinging for $50?
Old 10 May 2018, 07:01 PM   #44
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
All this mudslinging for $50?
$50 ??? It’s around £140 !!!
Old 10 May 2018, 07:03 PM   #45
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
$50 ??? It’s around £140 !!!
I'm just reading his ad!

"Price drop to -$50 for each strap :-)" ?
Old 10 May 2018, 07:46 PM   #46
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm just reading his ad!

"Price drop to -$50 for each strap :-)" ?
He meant, price drop BY (as in $50 reduction) $50
Old 10 May 2018, 07:51 PM   #47
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
FOR CLARIFICATION.

I was away on business when the strap arrived. My wife is not interested in watches and has never listed anything on eBay before.

I asked her to simply list the item on eBay as new (as I’d forgotten this was described as ‘mint’ and not new).

My wife simply listed it for me without thoroughly inspecting it as she thought it was new as that is what I’d mistakenly told her.

I trusted the TRF sellers description and the item sold pretty quickly so she posted it to the buyer in Australia.

Please could those offering disparaging comments about my conduct in this and what I should or shouldn’t have done, understand the above, I was away, my wife just did as I asked her.

Fact is, the TRF seller has sold me a damaged and poorly repaired strap. I have refunded the eBay buyer so now I simply need the TRF seller to do the right thing and refund me.

Thank you, Gary.
At the end of the day, you're criticizing a seller for his way of handling a situation and then are getting irate in how we're criticizing your handling of a correlated situation. Can't really have it just your way.....

I'm sure the majority agree that you should get your money back (as the item was misrepresented), but the fact is, you went about this poorly. The seller is still a member here too, don't get frustrated we all don't share your enthusiasm in berating him. Both parties need to improve things in the future.

Mean no disrespect, it's just the facts of the matter.
Old 10 May 2018, 07:56 PM   #48
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
I agree the strap in the original ad is damaged and the OP should be refunded but I can't understand how the eBay sale went through. Yes I understand your wife listed it as you were away on business but surely you could have checked the listing which clearly shows the damage, stopped the auction and resolved this issue much sooner.

That said I'm glad you've refunded the eBay buyer.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
Old 10 May 2018, 08:11 PM   #49
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
I agree the strap in the original ad is damaged and the OP should be refunded but I can't understand how the eBay sale went through. Yes I understand your wife listed it as you were away on business but surely you could have checked the listing which clearly shows the damage, stopped the auction and resolved this issue much sooner.

That said I'm glad you've refunded the eBay buyer.

I did not have time whilst i was away on business, plus it never even crossed my mind to check it. If it had been a £10000 rolex then i would have been on top of the situation.
Old 10 May 2018, 09:43 PM   #50
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I did not have time whilst i was away on business, plus it never even crossed my mind to check it. If it had been a £10000 rolex then i would have been on top of the situation.
Gary I understand how this could happen from both ends. Like I said the original sellers responses are quite telling.

That said when I took a look at the original for sale post I saw the same smudge on the back of the long side of the strap and the wear above the 4th hole on the strap. I agree the split on the lug that was glued was not visible. Just a lesson learned if it doesnt work out for you. Inspect the strap before relisting at all times when received and inspect the photos better.

Did you clarify what the seller meant by mint before you bought it?

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 10 May 2018, 11:34 PM   #51
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Looks like poor personal selling behavior on both accounts.
Old 11 May 2018, 02:51 AM   #52
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
Looks like poor personal selling behavior on both accounts.
What???? I was away, I trusted the TRF sellers description. I simply asked my wife to list the strap on eBay. She is not into watches, she isn’t arsed one bit. She took pictures and listed it.....she did not inspect it.

People can go on and on at me all day long about how I should have done this or that, the fact is, I trusted the TRF seller and he sold me a defective strap.

I have refunded my eBay buyer, I now need the TRF seller to refund me.

I’m sorry if I didn’t do things your way, but I was away on business and asked my wife to do me a quick favour. Is that ok with you??????!
Old 11 May 2018, 02:54 AM   #53
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
regardless of what golfpunk did after the fact, the right thing to happen in house is for tcheeco to refund the cost of the band to golfpunk. it is clearly the same band in the original pics.
Old 11 May 2018, 03:06 AM   #54
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
What???? I was away, I trusted the TRF sellers description. I simply asked my wife to list the strap on eBay. She is not into watches, she isn’t arsed one bit. She took pictures and listed it.....she did not inspect it.

People can go on and on at me all day long about how I should have done this or that, the fact is, I trusted the TRF seller and he sold me a defective strap.

I’m sorry if I didn’t do things your way, but I was away on business and asked my wife to do me a quick favour. Is that ok with you??????!
A lesson learned. Your pre-sale due diligence is just as important as the next guy. You were in an all fired hurry to sell the strap and blew off basic due diligence. For that, you deserve negative feedback here and on eBay. You screwed the pooch, own it.

The original seller should refund you as he screwed the pooch too.
Old 11 May 2018, 03:08 AM   #55
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
A lesson learned. Your pre-sale due diligence is just as important as the next guy. You were in an all fired hurry to sell the strap and blew off basic due diligence. For that, you deserve negative feedback here and on eBay. You screwed the pooch, own it.

I think you summed it up succinctly.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 11 May 2018, 03:13 AM   #56
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:

GolfPunk’s retort in 3....2....
Old 11 May 2018, 03:17 AM   #57
MonBK
Banned

Quote:

If i knew what succinctly mean I would most likely agree.
Old 11 May 2018, 03:21 AM   #58
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Quote:
Who has the strap currently? I assume the TRF seller would expect to receive the strap back to refund you, even though he misrepresented the strap condition.
Old 11 May 2018, 03:54 AM   #59
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbkny View Post
regardless of what golfpunk did after the fact, the right thing to happen in house is for tcheeco to refund the cost of the band to golfpunk. it is clearly the same band in the original pics.
Thank you
Old 11 May 2018, 03:55 AM   #60
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
GolfPunk’s retort in 3....2....
Numpty
Closed Thread