The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 March 2024, 02:16 AM   #1
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Patek Boutique Boston is Open

There was a thread earlier inquiring about the opening. It’s officially open as of today!
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 02:18 AM   #2
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Open question, what’s the point of these boutiques?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 03:24 AM   #3
ts3
"TRF" Member

Is it run by Patek or an AD? Asking because where I live there is a Patek and Rolex boutique that is run by Bucherer.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 04:02 AM   #4
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Is it run by Patek or an AD? Asking because where I live there is a Patek and Rolex boutique that is run by Bucherer.
Patek only runs 3 salons, Geneva, London and Paris.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 04:11 AM   #5
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post

AD, run by Long's Jewelers
That brings total retailers to 39 in states. But we will see decrease in ADs in states, going under 30 in 1-2 years.
Old 24 March 2024, 04:31 AM   #6
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Patek only runs 3 salons, Geneva, London and Paris.
This is why I was asking. So an AD with a Patek exclusive store it seems.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 05:04 AM   #7
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Long’s has a 150+ year history in Boston…they also run the biggest Rolex boutique in USA which is Rolex Boston…they were destined to get PP

will be interesting to see how it plays out

If anyone visits, please share your experience and if you already have a history at Long’s!

Old 24 March 2024, 01:45 PM   #8
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Boston used to have 5 ADs just 7 years ago. Crazy that none of them are ADs anymore.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 03:17 PM   #9
Crazywis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
But we will see decrease in ADs in states, going under 30 in 1-2 years.
A guess or fact? It would be quite odd given that countries the size of UK and Italy have almost as many.
Crazywis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 05:53 PM   #10
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazywis View Post
A guess or fact? It would be quite odd given that countries the size of UK and Italy have almost as many.
France has one AD.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 09:02 PM   #11
JSol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1swami View Post
Long’s has a 150+ year history in Boston…they also run the biggest Rolex boutique in USA which is Rolex Boston…they were destined to get PP

will be interesting to see how it plays out

If anyone visits, please share your experience and if you already have a history at Long’s!

I will be visiting this afternoon. I’ve been a long time customer of Long’s and I’m trying to determine what I want for my first PP.

They showed me some options a couple of weeks ago (they had inventory before the boutique opened).

I will update after the visit.
Old 24 March 2024, 10:14 PM   #12
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazywis View Post
Fact.
Old 24 March 2024, 10:37 PM   #13
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Glad it is open.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 10:35 AM   #14
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSol1 View Post
I will be visiting this afternoon. I’ve been a long time customer of Long’s and I’m trying to determine what I want for my first PP.

They showed me some options a couple of weeks ago (they had inventory before the boutique opened).

I will update after the visit.

Hope you find something that you like!

LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 09:30 PM   #15
JSol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
Hope you find something that you like!

Thank you! It’s harder than I expected though. I’m trying to find something that fits my lifestyle so I can wear it regularly but can also be used for dressier occasions, which is infrequent these days.

I have a heavy Rolex collection that covers sports watches very well. This will be my first and Long’s has been great about working with me to find a good fit.

The store/boutique is gorgeous!
Old 25 March 2024, 10:13 PM   #16
AHall42631
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you! It’s harder than I expected though. I’m trying to find something that fits my lifestyle so I can wear it regularly but can also be used for dressier occasions, which is infrequent these days.

I have a heavy Rolex collection that covers sports watches very well. This will be my first and Long’s has been great about working with me to find a good fit.

The store/boutique is gorgeous!
What did the Boston store say about your chances of getting what you want? Did they have anything in the store for sale?
AHall42631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 09:32 PM   #17
JSol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall42631 View Post
What did the Boston store say about your chances of getting what you want? Did they have anything in the store for sale?
They actually have quite a bit, but they are primarily spoken for by their clients.

I have a very strong relationship with them and have turned down a couple already as they showed me a few before the store actually opened. They also showed my wife a couple of pieces she was interested in on Sunday.

I was there for quite a while and I know several owners left the store happy.

As I’m being very deliberate in what I want I can’t say what the response will be when I actually decide. I’m in no rush as I’m just beginning my PP journey.

I’m looking for something similar to the 5396/r that was just discontinued for my first. Something on the dressier side (AC) that also can be worn casually…if anyone has any suggestions I’d love to hear. Meantime we’ll see what April 9th brings…
Old 26 March 2024, 09:34 PM   #18
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
I plan on stopping in today just to check the store out.

Will let everyone know what I think
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 08:43 AM   #19
pessoa00
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They actually have quite a bit, but they are primarily spoken for by their clients.

I have a very strong relationship with them and have turned down a couple already as they showed me a few before the store actually opened. They also showed my wife a couple of pieces she was interested in on Sunday.

I was there for quite a while and I know several owners left the store happy.

As I’m being very deliberate in what I want I can’t say what the response will be when I actually decide. I’m in no rush as I’m just beginning my PP journey.

I’m looking for something similar to the 5396/r that was just discontinued for my first. Something on the dressier side (AC) that also can be worn casually…if anyone has any suggestions I’d love to hear. Meantime we’ll see what April 9th brings…
Have you tried the 5326? I find mine perfect to every occasion, with a modern look with some classic touches, like the Clous de Paris hobnail guilloched around the case. Love the usefulness of the complications, the smart adjustments (travel time linked with the AC and set by the crown) and the dial layout. The movement is also gorgeous with its platinum micro rotor
pessoa00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 11:19 PM   #20
JSol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessoa00 View Post
Have you tried the 5326? I find mine perfect to every occasion, with a modern look with some classic touches, like the Clous de Paris hobnail guilloched around the case. Love the usefulness of the complications, the smart adjustments (travel time linked with the AC and set by the crown) and the dial layout. The movement is also gorgeous with its platinum micro rotor
I have. It’s a gorgeous piece, but I’m looking for something a bit more on the dressier side, however I’m keeping an open mind. Thanks for the suggestion and enjoy yours
Old 30 March 2024, 11:40 PM   #21
TA923
"TRF" Member

Has anyone been able to secure a piece from the new boutique?
TA923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 06:14 AM   #22
Hostinkee
"TRF" Member

Icon20

I visited the store the Saturday it opened. The layout is absolutely gorgeous, as one would expect. Upon entry you will find the Patek display cases (display only pieces). On the right wall is a brief history of PP. There are some sitting areas in the rear. The second floor has all of the high end jewelry as well as some pre-owned time pieces - Tudor, Rolex, and AP to name a few. There is also an outdoor area that can be utilized in the nicer weather.

I am not a super VIP by any means, but I do have a great relationship with my sales associate and a six figure spend history. With that being said, there was no inventory available for me to purchase at the time of my visit. I had a wonderful chat with the sales associates and they jotted down the number of pieces that I am interested in. I am hoping to get something on the Calatrava level within a few months, and with any luck maybe an Aquanaut within a year or so after. What we have to remember here is that Longs is one of the premier jewelers in the country and with their numerous locations, including the Boston Rolex store, and now the one at topic, there are quite a large number of VIPs that will be taken care of first as you would expect. Doing the math of 60,000 pieces produced per year divided by roughly 387 AD’s you would come up with an average of 155 pieces per store per year. Guesstimating that Long’s got between 50-70 pieces to open the new boutique one can see how those pieces would be swallowed up quickly by the VIP’s. I could be way off on this number though and maybe someone with some knowledge can shed some light.

Lastly, Long’s has been exceptional to deal with and I know a number of regular folks who have got incredible allocations by being patient. Don’t hesitate to go in and have a conversation. The SA’s are always polite and will be honest on what it takes to get the piece you want. Cheers!
Hostinkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 03:04 PM   #23
s_haverford
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO,OP-36 White
Congratulations to all the Boston based members on their new PP boutique. I want to say there was no brand representing PP out there. Surprising for such a major city in the US. I have been to the Rolex boutique run by Longs and it’s beautiful. So I can imagine the PP space is equally if not more stunning. Looking forward to visiting soon.

As a LA based member, we are getting a redesigned PP boutique in Beverly Hills, which is much needed. And I am looking forward to comparing the spaces between cities.
s_haverford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 04:31 PM   #24
russ86
"TRF" Member

Ah perfect, I will be in Boston in 2 weeks, will stop by to check it out
russ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 11:05 AM   #25
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_haverford View Post
Congratulations to all the Boston based members on their new PP boutique. I want to say there was no brand representing PP out there. Surprising for such a major city in the US. I have been to the Rolex boutique run by Longs and it’s beautiful. So I can imagine the PP space is equally if not more stunning. Looking forward to visiting soon.

As a LA based member, we are getting a redesigned PP boutique in Beverly Hills, which is much needed. And I am looking forward to comparing the spaces between cities.
The Tourneau store in Copley Place was a Patek AD for many many years. There was not a very long gap between that store losing the brand, to the Long's boutique opening.
Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 08:41 AM   #26
TA923
"TRF" Member

Anyone else have any luck at the Boston AD?
TA923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 10:27 AM   #27
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Finally got in there today. Super wonderful group of people. Had a bunch of watches on display and was awesome that I was finally able to get some on the wrist. Never touched a patek before and the level of fit and finish was incredible. Put my interest down for a few watches.
Don’t think my name will ever come up but overall was a fantastic experience
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 07:12 PM   #28
will02020
"TRF" Member

Stopped by there yesterday while I was traveling for business, super friendly staff and had a lot more inventory than other ADs in the west coast. I got to look at some GCs as well as other pieces that I was interested in. Since I already have a relationship with my current AD, I did not inquire about purchasing anything

will02020 is offline   Reply With Quote