The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 14 December 2015, 11:36 PM   #31
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear about this. Not too surprising that they targeted the MBR. Crews target those handheld things that shoot so MBR is prime target. Rolexes are icing on the cake.

In/Out in 7min. says experienced crew to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2015, 06:41 AM   #32
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
So sorry about the burglary, at least you and your family are okay.

If you like to keep your watches and expensive jewelry at home, may I suggest investing in something like this. Like your situation, most break-ins are fast, in and out. Any safe can be broken in to... But it would take hours to get this puppy open.

I did quite a bit of research before purchasing mine. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 December 2015, 07:14 PM   #33
muzzletug
"TRF" Member

Yes. A safe is on the list. Again, my best advice is to never keep anything of value in the master bedroom.

I spoke with the Detective last night. There are a couple of leads they are pursuing including a car that neighbors saw parked nearby.

Keeping my fingers crossed and doing my legwork.

Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully I will have something more positive soon.
muzzletug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2015, 09:02 PM   #34
Tarandy
"TRF" Member

Sorry too hear this hope you get them back, search pawn shops etc on line. Check eBay constantly and keep trying until you get all your watches back as they may even wear them for years before they try and sell. I'm all for sharing numbers on here (the watches are gone what you got to lose) and the problem with a big Tonka safe is, they wait until someone is home to open it (wife kid yourself are in danger) as in the example great man MANNY set "I'm a willing to help in London man if needs be
Tarandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2015, 09:10 PM   #35
Tarandy
"TRF" Member

Sorry forgot to add have you got any pictures of watches so local members can keep an eye out in stores
Old 16 December 2015, 12:52 AM   #36
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
So sorry about the burglary, at least you and your family are okay.

If you like to keep your watches and expensive jewelry at home, may I suggest investing in something like this. Like your situation, most break-ins are fast, in and out. Any safe can be broken in to... But it would take hours to get this puppy open.

I did quite a bit of research before purchasing mine. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Excellent advice

If I may add, a hidden location for the safe adds a layer of security. A closet or some other spot that the cable guy or plumber wouldn't see on a house call. Best that no one knows you have a safe.

Put it against a wall and bolt it to the floor (makes it harder to drill into the door). My electronic lock failed (S&G model) and it took a professional locksmith a long time, and 10 or 12 drill bits, to drill into the lock to open the safe.

Glad everyone is safe. Unfortunate about the watches. Hope you recover all that were lost.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2015, 08:19 PM   #37
muzzletug
"TRF" Member

Thank you.
Old 16 December 2015, 08:27 PM   #38
muzzletug
"TRF" Member

I've been thinking about this a bit more lately and got a very insightful PM that has put some perspective on this situation. Over the years I have sent my watches in for service, a few to Dominque Weiland and most recently to Bob Ridley. All were sent from my local post office using insured postage. They would have my home address, contents and value of these packages. Coincidentally, our mail was on hold the weekend the burglary occurred. It may be grasping at straws but they knew I'd sent expensive watches in the past, my home address and the fact no one was likely at home. Something to pass on to the detective.
Old 17 December 2015, 02:04 AM   #39
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzletug View Post
I've been thinking about this a bit more lately and got a very insightful PM that has put some perspective on this situation. Over the years I have sent my watches in for service, a few to Dominque Weiland and most recently to Bob Ridley. All were sent from my local post office using insured postage. They would have my home address, contents and value of these packages. Coincidentally, our mail was on hold the weekend the burglary occurred. It may be grasping at straws but they knew I'd sent expensive watches in the past, my home address and the fact no one was likely at home. Something to pass on to the detective.
It's small realizations like this that often break cases wide open. Keep after it......
hunterp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2015, 01:53 AM   #40
timehonored
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z-Blue Milgauss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaswirl View Post
Diamond District on 47th Street. I'd actually take a day and go through all the shops as a fake buyer.
Why go in as a fake buyer? If you're going to look for them, my suggestion is to go in with a list of stolen watches and serial numbers.

Most Pre-owned and estate jewelers gladly want to know if there are stolen items floating around. No one wants to get stuck with a watch that does not have good title. . .

Hope you find them.
timehonored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2015, 09:27 PM   #41
avirom
"TRF" Member

any updates?
avirom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2015, 05:33 PM   #42
firefisher
"TRF" Member

Watch: 98 Daytona Zenith
Wow that sucks. Hopefully the insurance covers the cost of the watches. Best of Luck.
firefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2015, 10:21 PM   #43
muzzletug
"TRF" Member

Good morning. Hope everyone had a great holiday.

No updates to give. Still searching on my own and relying on the PD to do their part.

I will update if anything comes up. Thanks again for all the advice and well wishes.
Old 27 December 2015, 07:50 AM   #44
petera
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear. My blue Sub and white DJ II were stolen about 3 years ago. Mine were also in my bedroom. Still bugs me when I think about it, but I still hold out a little hope that someday someone will send them to Rolex for service. Learned the hard way, now have increased insurance. Have a happy new year!
petera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2015, 08:41 AM   #45
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Excellent advice

My electronic lock failed (S&G model) :
X2.
Luckily the locksmith got it to work.
Otherwise, they would of had to cut the door off on mine. Due to a relocking system.
MILGAUSS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2015, 10:17 AM   #46
graphicsdump
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601 TT Datejust
Bummer! Hope some good news comes your way soon.
graphicsdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2021, 03:28 AM   #47
muzzletug
"TRF" Member

Update

Good afternoon.

It's been a long time since my initial post and some things has changed.

I can't go in to detail yet, but some of these are popping up and could be returned.

In the mean time please remember to keep detailed records of the watches you own. These receipts, documents and photos are invaluable when trying to get back a stolen item. I also suggest you register your watches with http://thewatchregister.com. If we can limit the market for stolen items, we can make it less desirable to steal them in the first place. To be completely transparent, I am working with someone from The Watch Register to recover one of these and will update when the matter has been resolved.
Old 20 March 2021, 04:47 AM   #48
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
I am working with someone from The Watch Register to recover one of these and will update when the matter has been resolved.
Good luck!

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2021, 04:50 AM   #49
Tarandy
"TRF" Member

Sad news, hope it all turns out ok for you in the end 😢
Old 20 April 2021, 05:39 AM   #50
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Good afternoon.

It's been a long time since my initial post and some things has changed.

I can't go in to detail yet, but some of these are popping up and could be returned.

In the mean time please remember to keep detailed records of the watches you own. These receipts, documents and photos are invaluable when trying to get back a stolen item. I also suggest you register your watches with http://thewatchregister.com. If we can limit the market for stolen items, we can make it less desirable to steal them in the first place. To be completely transparent, I am working with someone from The Watch Register to recover one of these and will update when the matter has been resolved.
Good to hear some of the stolen watches could be returned, keep us posted.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote