The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 13 April 2021, 01:54 AM   #1
beer
"TRF" Member

Watch: all
Couple of quick questions

I may have finally found a Panerai I like from a reputable dealer in my country, just have a few questions.

1. Can you put a (legitimate) bracelet on the PAM372, or does Panerai not make one to fit this model? Not the end of the world if I can’t - just wondering.

2. Does the PAM372 come with this strap or is this an incorrect strap? Can you choose what strap you get when you buy it? Just asking because on the Panerai website it comes with a brown strap. The dealer is the biggest in the country so I have no reason to believe anything wrong, just it surprised me.

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Panera...c4896aa&rank=1

Sorry if the link violates the rules, I didn’t see anything stating so but apologies if I missed it.

Thank you!
Old 13 April 2021, 02:29 AM   #2
unofficial
"TRF" Member

Hi, here’s a quick response to your inquiries:

1. There’s no original 26 mm metal bracelet to suit any 47 mm case Panerai
2. The black rubber is the second strap option for the latest supply of PAM 00372. If this model is still displayed on the official website for your region (some say it has been discontinued, but I can still see it here in Dubai), then please check the fourth image, where the watch is pictured on exact same rubber strap.
unofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 02:29 AM   #3
louie
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer View Post
I may have finally found a Panerai I like from a reputable dealer in my country, just have a few questions.

1. Can you put a (legitimate) bracelet on the PAM372, or does Panerai not make one to fit this model? Not the end of the world if I can’t - just wondering.

2. Does the PAM372 come with this strap or is this an incorrect strap? Can you choose what strap you get when you buy it? Just asking because on the Panerai website it comes with a brown strap. The dealer is the biggest in the country so I have no reason to believe anything wrong, just it surprised me.

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Panera...c4896aa&rank=1

Sorry if the link violates the rules, I didn’t see anything stating so but apologies if I missed it.

Thank you!
wow for this price i could buy this new at our local AD, and no the 372 never came on rubber band
Old 13 April 2021, 02:37 AM   #4
beer
"TRF" Member

Watch: all
Thanks for the responses, appreciate your time

Yep you are quite right if is roll through the images on the Panerai website the rubber band is shown. So can the buyer choose that at point of purchase?

As for the price we have to pay 20% tax on everything here so divide the price by 1.2 to see the actual price before tax
Old 13 April 2021, 05:49 AM   #5
unofficial
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie View Post
wow for this price i could buy this new at our local AD, and no the 372 never came on rubber band
If I’m not mistaken the very first 372’s were supplied with vintage tan calf and ranger calf straps, both in 26/26. But that later changed to brown assolutamente calf and black rubber, in 26/22. Please correct if I’m not fully correct
Old 13 April 2021, 05:52 AM   #6
unofficial
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer View Post
Thanks for the responses, appreciate your time

Yep you are quite right if is roll through the images on the Panerai website the rubber band is shown. So can the buyer choose that at point of purchase?
Most welcome. The latest series of 372 come with brown assolutamente calf and black rubber straps from the box. You can normally ask official dealer to replace either of these with any other from the available ones, and sometimes even get the third strap as a bonus, depending on the model. Hope this helps
Old 14 April 2021, 02:57 AM   #7
louie
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by unofficial View Post
If I’m not mistaken the very first 372’s were supplied with vintage tan calf and ranger calf straps, both in 26/26. But that later changed to brown assolutamente calf and black rubber, in 26/22. Please correct if I’m not fully correct
oooooooh i see, thanks for the update