The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 July 2019, 11:40 PM   #1
nboyer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2005 DateJust
Caliber 1565 Hairspring Complete.

Hello folks. I've been working on a project watch for a while with a 1565 movement, seemingly using a balance from the base 1530, p/n 7855. I found one on eBay, but it looks slightly different. Mine has a blued steel hairspring, vs. a non-blued. Also, the seller claims the item is brand new, though the box is opened. Further, the location of the hairspring stud would put the watch way out of beat, though I can adjust it. I am looking for one because when I bought the watch, the hairspring was out of plane and rubbing the balance arms. I'm not so sure that it is within my skillset to adjust it, hence, looking for a replacement. Here is a link to the eBay ad. My gut reaction is to look elsewhere, mostly because I don't know that I can trust the seller. What do you think? Cheers! -Norm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401766036431?ul_noapp=true
nboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2019, 01:11 AM   #2
Ashton_Horologist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Why don’t you just take the watch to a watchmaker. The cost of buying the balance complete if it’s not needed seems absurd.
Ashton_Horologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2019, 02:27 AM   #3
nboyer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2005 DateJust
Well, because I am a passionate amateur hobbyist. I would not pay over $400 for it, but would submit a reasonable offer. My original post, perhaps not so clearly, asked for commentary as to whether this balance is legit given the discrepancy to what I have now. Is this a newer version? I did not ask if anyone thought I was absurd, I already know that I am. Cheers. -Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton_Horologist View Post
Why don’t you just take the watch to a watchmaker. The cost of buying the balance complete if it’s not needed seems absurd.
nboyer is offline   Reply With Quote