The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 February 2022, 09:06 AM   #61
sleepydoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
You're right.

From the picture, some people might think it was WG with olive dial.

Many people always said that YG Day-Date is the must have in Rolex collection. I love both YG and RG, I might add YG D-D later if the opportunity arise.
I wouldn’t sweat it! Your collection is stunning as it stands.
sleepydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 09:12 AM   #62
subprimero
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060
Congratulations on your new piece!
subprimero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 10:20 AM   #63
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
Look closely …..

Wanted this watch for a very long time it’s the 11 series of course.

I own the GMT meteorite already so some could say it’s overlap but hey my collection my rules :)

So I remember when the Pepsi come out on oyster there we’re lots of complainers (albeit people who didn’t own the watch) that said people should be P******* off that Rolex had made the watch look identical to the steel version. A lot of people swapped to the blue dial and I have to say the relatively short production run the fact that it does have the black dial makes it very unique and more desirable to me.

AD hands down promised me a steel Pepsi by the end of last year - never happened as seems to be an common theme with me. So off I went and bought myself this.

Picked it up a few days ago I managed to lock myself out of my TRF account.

If I’m honest, I really would of liked a mark 1 bezel For this watch to further differentiate from my GMT meteorite. but I found this 2018 model and had to have it.

Been on the wrist for a few days now and I think this must be the ultimate “stealth wealth” in the catalogue (or ex catologue).

Quick couple of snaps whilst waiting in the cafe whilst waiting for my little princess to finish drama school.

Was going to a bit further into detail on this post but I don’t have much time and wanted to share with you all.

I absolutely will be downsizing my collection soon . But I’ll save that post for another time.

Have a good day everyone.

Only just seen this Jay! Many congrats!

I always think the BLRO bezel colours look better against the warmer tones of the WG than they do against SS. Also, it's great you've got one with the black dial as I always think the blue dial never matches the blue of the bezel that well, so it ends up being a bit of a riot of colours. Great stuff!
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 10:30 AM   #64
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Only just seen this Jay! Many congrats!

I always think the BLRO bezel colours look better against the warmer tones of the WG than they do against SS. Also, it's great you've got one with the black dial as I always think the blue dial never matches the blue of the bezel that well, so it ends up being a bit of a riot of colours. Great stuff!
Thankyou I’m really happy with it! So comfortable around d 216g in weight.

It’s a fantastic PM day to day watch.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 10:42 AM   #65
bankermm
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
Nice post and pics....thanks for sharing the story and wear in good health!
bankermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 04:45 PM   #66
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Congrats.
I thought the WG comes only with blue dial!
You mentioned swapping dials? Blue dial GMTs are really so unique, why would anyone swap it for a black one!
Quote:
Look closely …..

I own the GMT meteorite already so some could say it’s overlap but hey my collection my rules :)

So I remember when the Pepsi come out on oyster there we’re lots of complainers (albeit people who didn’t own the watch) that said people should be P******* off that Rolex had made the watch look identical to the steel version. A lot of people swapped to the blue dial and I have to say the relatively short production run the fact that it does have the black dial makes it very unique and more desirable to me.

AD hands down promised me a steel Pepsi by the end of last year - never happened as seems to be an common theme with me. So off I went and bought myself this.

If I’m honest, I really would of liked a mark 1 bezel For this watch to further differentiate from my GMT meteorite. but I found this 2018 model and had to have it.

Been on the wrist for a few days now and I think this must be the ultimate “stealth wealth” in the catalogue (or ex catologue).

Quick couple of snaps whilst waiting in the cafe whilst waiting for my little princess to finish drama school.

Was going to a bit further into detail on this post but I don’t have much time and wanted to share with you all.

I absolutely will be downsizing my collection soon . But I’ll save that post for another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 February 2022, 06:02 PM   #67
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
Congrats.
I thought the WG comes only with blue dial!
You mentioned swapping dials? Blue dial GMTs are really so unique, why would anyone swap it for a black one!
The black dial will eventually be more Unique as like you said they are only produced with blue dials now. They were produced with a black dial for four years I believe l, then the blue dial swaps were offered to 116719 owners to differentiate from the Pepsi on oyster is my understanding.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 06:34 PM   #68
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
Here are some of my collection.
Impressive!!!
brucethemanlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 06:36 PM   #69
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Look closely …..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great
Congrats
brucethemanlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2022, 12:24 PM   #70
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydoc View Post
I wouldn’t sweat it! Your collection is stunning as it stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
Impressive!!!
Thanks!
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2022, 12:27 AM   #71
Megamoss
Banned

Watch: 116500,116610
Looks great! congratulations.
Megamoss is offline   Reply With Quote