The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 15 July 2021, 08:50 AM   #1
Alena
"TRF" Member

Need insight

Hey guys,

So I am looking to get the royal oak 34 mm self winding stainless steel with the white face. I have called every store in the USA they all say the same thing "we are completely out of all watches" has anyone been inside AP to let me know if this is true? I don't have a boutique anywhere near me. How can I go about getting this watch? There were two stores that took down my info, do you know if they will ever let me know if they have the watch I want?

Thanks!!
Alena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 09:00 AM   #2
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Are you a newcomer to all this watch craziness? COVID lockdown really turned the craziness up a notch. What you're saying sounds typical. Even with a history of purchases from an AD, almost everyone still gets put on a waiting list. I'm sure the obscenely rich and famous get pieces pretty quick but for the rest of us, what you're describing sounds typical.

It's impossible to say how soon a piece may materialize for you since you don't seem to have a purchase history. It really depends on the AD and how the market swings now that everyone is getting back to business as usual. If someone with a purchase history requests the same piece, I think most often they get it before someone the AD doesn't know. This is also because many flippers just want to aquire a piece to flip on the gray market. AD's try to screen out these folks. SUCKS I know but hang in there, something may become available. Keep in contact with the two stores that took down your info and let them know your interest in genuine.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 09:03 AM   #3
Alena
"TRF" Member

Thank you! Yes I have never purchased anything from them before. I really hope I am able to get it soon-ish. I remember going to the store in Vegas before covid, and they had all the watches in stock wish I knew then to get one!!
Old 15 July 2021, 09:11 AM   #4
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alena View Post
Thank you! Yes I have never purchased anything from them before. I really hope I am able to get it soon-ish. I remember going to the store in Vegas before covid, and they had all the watches in stock wish I knew then to get one!!
vegas for example was completely empty as of last week. SA literally sent me a video walking around the empty store
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 09:13 AM   #5
Alena
"TRF" Member

UGH! I thought I saw an empty store when I went in May. fingers crossed someone will call me.
Old 15 July 2021, 09:41 PM   #6
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

There was a good thread looking for this particular model. Worth searching for.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote