The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 April 2018, 12:43 PM   #1
iwenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smorgasbord
Thoughts on Doxa?

Hi everyone

I'm currently on the hunt for my next piece (when are we not?), and I find myself in need of some advice. From what I've been able to tell from photos, I'm really into Tudor's offerings from Basel this year - particularly the GMT and the blue faced BB36. I've also had some pictures of Doxas pop up on various social media platforms lately which have piqued my interest as well (probably the SUB 1200T as I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on the 300 reissue).

I'm in no rush, so I don't mind waiting to see the Tudor pieces in person, but from what I understand Doxa is only available to order through their website. I'm hoping you folks could shed some light on how the Doxa wears, feels, and looks on the wrist. Is it something that could be worn in everyday situations, or is it more of a beach-swim-fun watch? Does it wear very large? The flared case and small dial are really throwing my eyes for a loop!

For reference, I have a Tudor Bronze and a Speedy Pro in my collection. I know the pieces I've mentioned above are fairly diverse in styling and function, but the heart wants what the heart wants. Any input is greatly appreciated, and as always pictures are very welcome.

Thanks!
Old 20 April 2018, 10:12 AM   #2
Sjmoore11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp II - old & new
I’m a Doxa fan. I had a 1200 Professional for a few years and foolishly sold it. Decided I missed the orange so I jumped on the Blacklung 300 reissue last year. I have a pretty casual workplace so I will wear mine to work occasionally but it definitely is more suited to summer / outdoor / beach. I think it wears a bit smaller than the size would suggest because of the very small dial, and the 300 seems noticeably smaller than the 1200. I definitely think it will wear smaller than your Tudor or Speedy. New are only available online from Doxa but if you’re interested in used, and perhaps some previous editions, they are usually a number available from typical sources. I often consider going after a vintage sub from the 60s. Good luck with the hunt!
Sjmoore11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 10:43 AM   #3
Goin2drt
Banned

I also own a Doxa and it is in my rotation. I love orange and got the Mission 31 Special Edition. It was the cool factor for me. It wears incredibly nice and the bracelet adjust is nice for those days that your retaining some water ;-)
IMG_1225.jpg
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 12:20 PM   #4
iwenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smorgasbord
Thank you for your replies and insight! It definitely sounds and looks like a great piece to have, and I did see that various iterations pop up in the for sale section every now and then. I'll keep an eye out, as the Doxa is definitely staying on the list of potentials for now.

Thanks guys!