The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 August 2018, 04:30 AM   #1
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Some thoughts on the ROO/Sizing

So when I went to get my 15450 sized at the AD, I tried on the ROO 42mm, after talking to a forum member and seeing the video by Tim on Whatchuwant, where he basically said the 42mm ROO on rubber is very wearable for those of us with smaller wrists. Tim has a flat 6 1/3" wrist and the ones he tried on actually looked pretty good.
However, when I tried on the 42mm ROO on rubber on my 6.5" rounded wrist, it looked comical. I was rather dumbfounded, considering that more than one person had told me the ROO will wear better than the 15400, and I didn't find that to be the case at all.

So, just for fun, I tried on a 44mm ROO and honestly felt like it was a bit bigger than the 42mm, but not by as much as I thought it would be

So that got me to thinking: if i had the ear of the execs at AP, I would tell them to consider either adding or swapping out the 42mm line for a 40mm line, and keep the 44mm line intact.

I can wear a 44mm Panerai, and yet the 42mm ROO wore too big-- probably more like a 47mm Panerai, and given that all AP RO models tend to wear bigger than other watches, why not swap out the 42mm for a 40mm line that could open up the market for them for many who would love to wear a ROO?
Panerai has started a line of 42mm that is gaining popularity, despite the traditionalists being a bit perturbed.

I just think the 42mm and 44mm models are too close together and just like the size difference between the RO models (37mm and 41mm), it would make more sense to have a 40mm and 44mm lines in the ROO collection.
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 06:01 AM   #2
Burlington
"TRF" Member

I think it depends so much on wrist size, shape, forearm size, where on the wrist one wears the piece, maybe even body type too.

I found the 15400 too large for me, yet very happy with the size of the 15710. Tried on the RG44 and that was (much) too big in my eyes.

I don’t think any size selection will ever be perfect for everyone’s arms / tastes etc. But I think they offer a fairly good spread at the moment across the board.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 06:45 AM   #3
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

I think at 6.5, it's gonna be too big. I have a 7" flat wrist and sometimes I question the size. I'm down to two ROO's now and may cut one more out soon because of it. I agree that the rubber helps but it's really a preference thing. My FC Diver and 26470 Navy below for reference, both on rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 07:11 AM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I find the 15400 wears larger than the 42 ROO as the dial is much wider, the ROO is thicker however but I prefer it's better balance.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 07:14 AM   #5
Skanse
"TRF" Member

I hope one day they will make the offshore in 40 mm
Old 13 August 2018, 07:30 AM   #6
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Some thoughts on the ROO/Sizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I find the 15400 wears larger than the 42 ROO as the dial is much wider, the ROO is thicker however but I prefer it's better balance.

Agree. I had a 15400 which I sold and bought a 15300 for that reason. Smaller technically but the dial was enormous on it, which I felt make it wear very large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 08:24 AM   #7
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Agreed that the dial wears larger on the 15400, but the lug to lug length on the ROO is greater, which made it look much bigger on my wrist.

The 41mm ROC probably wears the best on my wrist out of any of the 41mm or greater models, but after getting my 116500, I'm not really wanting the ROC.
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote