The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 August 2019, 06:01 AM   #31
Gdoc26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
You have to understand there's a reason why many of the knowledgeable posters here don't reply with responses like yours to posts like this. You've got a new user that pops up out of nowhere posting a photo of an obvious, hideous fake and wants information on whether or not it is authentic. The poster even claims to own several modern Rolexes and therefore has "a little idea of what to look for on a fake watch." There is simply no way anyone 1)owning several modern Rolexes and 2)having a functioning brain could look at the watch pictured and not know it is a comically bad fake.

So, what gives? Why take the time to even set up an account and post it? It opens up the possibility that the poster has ulterior motives for posting. Your post, while excellent, has just given them a wealth of information.
The points I made and many more are available in hundreds of online videos on rolex fakes, just trying to take the high road be of use to someone on a "forum" asking a question. If he was fishing for information to be used for nepharious purposes then he didn't get anymore information than a quick google search would have yielded. I don't think high end chinese clone factories are getting much info from this forum other than members are brutal.
Gdoc26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 06:05 AM   #32
Gdoc26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
We do not discuss fake watches here for a reason and do not need you to point out the obvious points of it being fake. Should be deleted.
I retract my original post.

Looks real to me. How could anyone think otherwise. Sorry for the trouble.
Gdoc26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 06:49 AM   #33
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdoc26 View Post
I retract my original post.

Looks real to me. How could anyone think otherwise. Sorry for the trouble.
It’s not about Chinese factories. It’s about educating scammers who may then attempt to hide features by taking pics at a different angle to say, hide the dodgy crown or gap in the end link.. we don’t wish to educate potential scammers.
thesharkfactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 07:57 AM   #34
ron2368
"TRF" Member

If someone wanted to manufacture fake rolexes, why not buy a real one instead of reading these forums for information. As a new person here I am reading to learn and the harsh way that people that post potential fakes are handled is really disappointing.
ron2368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 08:54 AM   #35
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron2368 View Post
If someone wanted to manufacture fake rolexes, why not buy a real one instead of reading these forums for information. As a new person here I am reading to learn and the harsh way that people that post potential fakes are handled is really disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
It’s not about Chinese factories. It’s about educating scammers who may then attempt to hide features by taking pics at a different angle to say, hide the dodgy crown or gap in the end link.. we don’t wish to educate potential scammers.
thesharkfactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 11:58 AM   #36
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron2368 View Post
Even if you firmly believe that counterfeiters do not read forums to undedrstand whats obvious and what is not.
Fact is scammers - yes people that post on ebay "test" their photos out here - if we comment always whats wrong - they hide that bit.

Go and study, this forum is to help people NOT get duped - NOT a learning school on genuine versus fakes
A
Old 7 August 2019, 12:23 PM   #37
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Old 7 August 2019, 10:10 PM   #38
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

I vote to get SMH emoji for the forum ... I know we have but would love to have the SMH for this type of thread
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2019, 10:03 PM   #39
hnottur
Banned

That watch in the first post is just terrible.
hnottur is offline   Reply With Quote