The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 October 2019, 05:08 AM   #31
billfredericks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss
Probably mentioned before: Everest makes milgauss rubber straps with tang. I like mine.
billfredericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 06:48 AM   #32
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jona View Post
Yes, it is a Rubber B. My error. I took the strap off to see how much the springbars had been bent to mount the strap, given that it is not made for the MG. I found that one was bent too much for my satisfaction:

So it is back on the bracelet. I truly wish that Robber B would make a strap for the MG using the tang buckle. They make one using the Rolex clasp which I do not want to remove from the bracelet for this purpose. Nor do I want to try and buy one.

I thank members for pointing out what I missed in this exercise. I think some folks' favorite meal is acrimony and cheese, but it's the internet after all.

I'll go back to my original plan of gifting the Rubber B to the SA at the AD.
For what it’s worth, the first two respondents were trying to advise against the poor decision of stressing the spring bars that much, and you were quick to put them in their place. Sometimes people are just trying to help. Sorry the strap didn’t work out.
Old 16 October 2019, 07:07 AM   #33
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes, it is a Rubber B. My error. I took the strap off to see how much the springbars had been bent to mount the strap, given that it is not made for the MG. I found that one was bent too much for my satisfaction:

So it is back on the bracelet. I truly wish that Robber B would make a strap for the MG using the tang buckle. They make one using the Rolex clasp which I do not want to remove from the bracelet for this purpose. Nor do I want to try and buy one.

I thank members for pointing out what I missed in this exercise. I think some folks' favorite meal is acrimony and cheese, but it's the internet after all.

This is exactly what happened to my SS Sky-D spring bars when I installed the Rubber B strap on the watch. It was a pain to fit it in, but I knew the bars had to be bending. It is in there securely and tight and won't come apart but to be safe I had an AD order me a new set of SS Sky-D spring bars for when I want to put the bracelet back on. For $10 / pair no brainer to me.

But it definitely is a shame that Rubber B can't get the fit to be perfect.
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 09:46 AM   #34
sub2011
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
For what it’s worth, the first two respondents were trying to advise against the poor decision of stressing the spring bars that much, and you were quick to put them in their place. Sometimes people are just trying to help. Sorry the strap didn’t work out.
Thanks!!
sub2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 02:14 PM   #35
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

Like most folks are saying, that GMT strap is not a good for the Milgauss. I had made the same assumption and tried to force fit the GMT IIc on to the Milgauss. Since it was getting a bit hard to get a good fit, I called RubberB and they told me that the GMT IIc will not fit.

They did send me one for the white dial Milgauss, and that even did not fit. RubberB once again too that back asked me to wait a few weeks as they were very close to producing the one for z-blue. Which I did buy and love to wear it for our beach vacations.

In short, get the right strap for that beautiful watch.
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 11:38 PM   #36
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

I'm curious how were your springbars bent when they are pretty covered inside the shaft. I didn't have any issues installing & find the fit to the case identical to the oyster even with that small metal piece that sticks out on the SKYD case the strap accommodates it perfectly. Did you install it yourself? I have it back on the oyster bracelet now and it was the same to do on both rubber & metal. I wouldn't want to make a mistake and bend one for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinleems View Post
This is exactly what happened to my SS Sky-D spring bars when I installed the Rubber B strap on the watch. It was a pain to fit it in, but I knew the bars had to be bending. It is in there securely and tight and won't come apart but to be safe I had an AD order me a new set of SS Sky-D spring bars for when I want to put the bracelet back on. For $10 / pair no brainer to me.

But it definitely is a shame that Rubber B can't get the fit to be perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7096.jpg (228.9 KB, 53 views)
joerivers1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 11:45 PM   #37
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerivers1961 View Post
I'm curious how were your springbars bent when they are pretty covered inside the shaft. I didn't have any issues installing & find the fit to the case identical to the oyster even with that small metal piece that sticks out on the SKYD case the strap accommodates it perfectly. Did you install it yourself? I have it back on the oyster bracelet now and it was the same to do on both rubber & metal. I wouldn't want to make a mistake and bend one for sure.

I did install the strap myself as I did not trust the Rubber B dealer. The strap does sit perfectly and I made sure the little piece sticking out on the strap fit perfectly into the case. But it was a pain in the a** to fit one end of a spring bar into the hole on the case. One side went it like a glove, it was the other end that was an issue.

Not sure but I do have the same strap as yours pictured. I thought it would be an easy swap but took me at least 30 - 45 min. I was going to take it to an AD but knew they wouldn't install non-OEM parts so figured I'd take better care installing it myself.

The good thing is, I'll be picking up the OEM spring bars from the AD this weekend (flying to Dallas) might just purchase two sets to be safe.

Nice picture btw

stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 11:48 PM   #38
Jona
Banned

Watch: 116618LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by billfredericks View Post
Probably mentioned before: Everest makes milgauss rubber straps with tang. I like mine.
Yes I almost ordered that, even though it's solid black. Can you post a pic? Thx

I wonder why there would be different straps for different dials of the MG. Frankly I wonder about the fitment of these in general now.
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 12:14 AM   #39
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:

If you are confident in changing straps/bracelets its a 5 minute job to remove the Rolex clasp from the Oyster to use with the Rubber B and also offers better sizing adjustment

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 12:38 AM   #40
bravetony
"TRF" Member

Getting the correct strap makes all the difference! This looks great. I wouldn't like the Milgauss on tang I definitely would prefer the Rolex clasp. That's how I have it on my SD43
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Screenshot 2019-10-16 .jpeg (83.2 KB, 46 views)
bravetony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 12:47 AM   #41
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Nice accent to a great watch!