The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 October 2019, 06:53 PM   #1
edd26
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 16600
my 16600 is loosing power reserve

Good day dear members. My SD 16600 ( V serial ) is sick ? i use to wear it like non-stop, except showers and yestarday, after i take out my speedy for a quick roadtrip, i realised that SD stopped after no more then 12 hours of rest on my desk. is it gonna be expensive ?
edd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 06:59 PM   #2
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Give it a full wind (try 50 full turns) and check it again.

Should run around 46+ hours.

Let us know, a V serial should be fine if the mainspring is good.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 07:19 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd26 View Post
Good day dear members. My SD 16600 ( V serial ) is sick ? i use to wear it like non-stop, except showers and yestarday, after i take out my speedy for a quick roadtrip, i realised that SD stopped after no more then 12 hours of rest on my desk. is it gonna be expensive ?
Just because you are wearing your watch dont mean you are winding your watch, its wrist movement and activity that winds the watch.Give watch a full manual wind thats 40 plus full crown turns clockwise only.After a full wind watch should run between 39-48 hours give or take a hour or so either way.If results are within spec watch is fine if way under watch needs a full service.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 07:46 PM   #4
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Full service at a Rolex Service Center is $750. You get back basically a brand new watch. Whether that's expensive or not is purely subjective.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 07:49 PM   #5
gunhose
Banned

Watch: what's on my wrist
So true wearing a watch doesn't equal it's getting a full wind . You must be active enough to get the rotor moving! For example if Im sitting around all day and didn't go for my usually walk, I gently swirl my wrist around for a minute or two to make sure the reserve is built up to keep it running. I wear my watch 27/7.
gunhose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 10:54 PM   #6
LooseCann0n
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona,Pepsi,SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhose View Post
So true wearing a watch doesn't equal it's getting a full wind . You must be active enough to get the rotor moving! For example if Im sitting around all day and didn't go for my usually walk, I gently swirl my wrist around for a minute or two to make sure the reserve is built up to keep it running. I wear my watch 27/7.

This... it’s those extra 3 hours that make all the difference though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LooseCann0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 11:26 PM   #7
edd26
"TRF" Member

after that full manual wind should i let it again on my desk and check the power reserve again , no ? ok, this exercise start NOW :)
Old 16 October 2019, 12:31 AM   #8
ThatExplorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
after that full manual wind should i let it again on my desk and check the power reserve again , no ? ok, this exercise start NOW :)

Give it a full wind and let it sit. You want to see what the actual power reserve is. If you wind and then wear it with movement you’re not testing the actual power reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThatExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 04:09 PM   #9
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Just because you are wearing your watch dont mean you are winding your watch, its wrist movement and activity that winds the watch.Give watch a full manual wind thats 40 plus full crown turns clockwise only.After a full wind watch should run between 39-48 hours give or take a hour or so either way.If results are within spec watch is fine if way under watch needs a full service.
Agreed.

But to answer the question you could also ask an independent watchmaker or simply send it to Rolex for an assesment and quote.
As the RSC pricing is stanardised others here can offer their recent experiences in your home country.
Whether it's expensive by your standards or not is entirely up to you
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 05:04 PM   #10
edd26
"TRF" Member

my independent watchmaker, Adrian Rotariu from Iasi, is a Rolex certified watchmaker, one of the best in Romania, also, a full service at Adrian is no more then 200E
Old 16 October 2019, 05:07 PM   #11
Seibei
Banned

If you get it serviced now it is not going to be expensive. Get it serviced by RSC. After the service it is important to safely store documents associated with the service.

If you wait to service your watch further damage may occur and this could get expensive. Better safe than sorry.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 11:07 PM   #12
edd26
"TRF" Member

so. after 2 days, the test is done. power reserve is 47 hours and 23 minutes. i think that my watch is still ok.
Old 17 October 2019, 11:51 PM   #13
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
so. after 2 days, the test is done. power reserve is 47 hours and 23 minutes. i think that my watch is still ok.
Your watch is fine like I suspected,and even when worn regular will do no harm whatsoever to give a manual wind say once a week to keep power-reserve at peak power.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 12:22 AM   #14
edd26
"TRF" Member

thank you dear members for your help
Old 18 October 2019, 12:55 AM   #15
gallahadesquire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Your watch is fine like I suspected,and even when worn regular will do no harm whatsoever to give a manual wind say once a week to keep power-reserve at peak power.
Or get a watch winder.
gallahadesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 04:14 AM   #16
MikeyV
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41 TT
HAHA! My uncle bought a Seiko Automatic (it's pretty nice for $120 bucks.) And griped that it wouldn't stay running.

My Dad took it, and it works fine. We think that Uncle Bill just sleeps in the lazy-boy all day and then goes to bed. Never moves at all!
MikeyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 04:38 AM   #17
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
my independent watchmaker, Adrian Rotariu from Iasi, is a Rolex certified watchmaker, one of the best in Romania, also, a full service at Adrian is no more then 200E
Interesting... You'd come close to that price with regular parts and gaskets, even at official parts prices.

If a service is lot cheaper than it would be at an official RSC then I wouldn't trust any of it. There is no way someone would spend 8 hours on a full service, have to replace parts and do it for €200.

I'm not against independent watchmakers (if they use OEM parts!), but this is a major red flag.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 04:45 AM   #18
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
There is no way someone would spend 8 hours on a full service, have to replace parts and do it for €200.

Makes total sense.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 04:49 AM   #19
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallahadesquire View Post
Or get a watch winder.
Or get more exercise while wearing the watch.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 05:30 AM   #20
edd26
"TRF" Member

there was no need for any replacement at the last service mate. just a regular service, after i become the new owner ot the sea dweller. 200E is cheap for you? i live in a poor country, remember