The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 October 2019, 07:26 PM   #1
akilis
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116695SATS
hey guys, rolex GMT Bubble begin to burst !

I have notice that the older batman is nearly 13k, was over 15.5k
batgilr under 15k, pepsi is around 16.5 now.
akilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 07:36 PM   #2
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
What is your source for these prices???
There are literally hundreds of these for sale did you take the time too do an ASP or did you see one piece somewhere at those rice??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 07:36 PM   #3
Allinthegame
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak/Tank 18k
Still a heck of a way to go before the bubble bursts lol
Allinthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 07:54 PM   #4
akilis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
What is your source for these prices???
There are literally hundreds of these for sale did you take the time too do an ASP or did you see one piece somewhere at those rice??

the forum, Ebay sold list, Stock X
Old 9 October 2019, 07:56 PM   #5
akilis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allinthegame View Post
Still a heck of a way to go before the bubble bursts lol
i mean compare to few months ago. it droped at least 2k for all the ss GMT.
Old 9 October 2019, 08:09 PM   #6
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

The market has for sure softened

But it’s still insane out there
Old 9 October 2019, 08:12 PM   #7
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Well, its a self-fulfilling prophecy given the limited variation and continuous supply. At one point even the greys will have too many in safe. People might even start to act in a rational manner with regards to pricing of these 180g steel pieces
2001jesper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 08:27 PM   #8
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

Last week, I dropped by an AD who informed she has one each of Batman and Pepsi, but only when I buy another piece like $20k Cellini. This hardly come by previously.

Unfortunately, VC Overseas is in my bucket list, not a Rolex . And it would certainly cost me an arm to buy 2 Rolex at one go.

Homo Sapien X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 10:16 PM   #9
peterpl
Banned

Biggest market in the planet is suffering bigtime.

HK is down the shitter. Thought it was going to be ok for a while because Lam dismissed the exporting of ppl to mainland but the riots have gotten worse as of late with no end in sight. Business is suffering BADLY in HK at the moment. Tourism down 40-50% from figures last week and billions lost in business. If it keeps going HK as a major business hub is gone. I know soo many people trying to get their money out of HK right now hence Australian Real Estate if booming again!!! Good for me I guess. LOL

This is no doubt going to have a massive impact on global watch pricing. HK grays where the worst or one of the worst for hoarding SS hot models and artificially inflating the prices. LOL
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 10:43 PM   #10
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

UK MSRP for a SS BLRO is £7,150. Lowest UK Grey offer I have seen in recent memory was around £15,500. That's bubble money. Even if the seller will haggle.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 11:05 PM   #11
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
UK MSRP for a SS BLRO is £7,150. Lowest UK Grey offer I have seen in recent memory was around £15,500. That's bubble money. Even if the seller will haggle.
I found one for £14,000 with warranty card to follow in 12 months. Fortunately I mentioned it to my AD and he told me not to be daft and has guaranteed me one at list by June next year for my birthday. I think BLNR oysters have dropped but only in the short term, give it a few years and they’ll steadily increase in sale price just like the 116520. Has anybody noticed that 3 years plus ago when a model was discontinued it didn’t instantly rocket like recently, just a steady increase as new collectors decide to add one to their collections etc.
3sheets86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 11:39 PM   #12
Mlioon
"TRF" Member

I reached out to bobs to sell my BLRO in August, offer was 16.5k. I kept it as it is now my favorite watch, received an email from them yesterday offering 12k. They said they have a lot of BLRO inventory that is not moving
Mlioon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 11:48 PM   #13
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlioon View Post
I reached out to bobs to sell my BLRO in August, offer was 16.5k. I kept it as it is now my favorite watch, received an email from them yesterday offering 12k. They said they have a lot of BLRO inventory that is not moving
I’m in the UK and use watchfinder as an offer yardstick. They are currently offering 10-10.5 for a BLNR, under 12 months old and little wear but were offering about £1,000 more just after Basel yet they only offer 11-11.5 for a good 116520 which I find odd. I would have thought that the 116520 is well on the collector radar and perhaps that is the difference. Long time discontinued model on the slow increase due to collector market, newly discontinued hits a plateau quickly due to speculator interest.
3sheets86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 11:52 PM   #14
boothus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
I’ve only been here for a few months but if I had a penny for every ‘bubble burst’ post I’ve seen since I’d be a few quid closer to buying my second (thanks to the bubble bursting now much cheaper) Rolex.

It baffles me how these tiny observations keep leading to so much generalisation. It’s almost like with cryptocurrencies now.
boothus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 11:54 PM   #15
nuts070
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlioon View Post
It's puzzling that they are still offering you 12k for your BLRO when they have inventory that is not moving? Seems incredible for them to do this.
nuts070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 11:56 PM   #16
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

My buddy was offered £13k for his new unworn 126710BLNR by Grey but decided to keep and wear it (the crazy fool - who buys a watch to wear these days?! J/k)

I have now seen them new unworn for £11.5k

The new batman just didn’t seem to hold its peak very long, and there appears to be a lot more of them available than the BLRO
Old 9 October 2019, 11:58 PM   #17
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Nada. Chrono24 still has the new BLNR from $15.5 to $18.5. BLRO is $17- $19k. Our trusted sellers like DavidSW which knows his market is selling the BLNR at $16k.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 12:05 AM   #18
avidflyer
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I’ve seen more stock in the US (coast - coast) in the last 3 months then the last 2 years. Spoke with one AD I visit, his point was with a pull back in the grey market people aren’t buying a sub and taking a chance of flipping it to make only $500-1000. Now the key is to get the AD to sell you what they have. Also stopped by a very big grey, super-nice guy he said he had 30 subs in stock and wasn’t looking for any till inventory sold down. Sure GMT market is somewhat similar.
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 12:10 AM   #19
jarreola
"TRF" Member

i've been on the market for a BLNR and prices have definitely decreased. While I made and got declined multiple $17k offers on chrono24 a couple of months ago... I currently have 3 sellers texting me insisting on taking a brand new BLNR for 14.5k.
jarreola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 12:13 AM   #20
dori
Banned

hey guys, rolex GMT Bubble begin to burst !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Nada. Chrono24 still has the new BLNR from $15.5 to $18.5. BLRO is $17- $19k. Our trusted sellers like DavidSW which knows his market is selling the BLNR at $16k.

We all know you own a grey market BLNR. So I know it hurts ya little hole, but yes man, prices on new BLNR are soft as they’ve ever been right now (check chrono24 offers from 14.6K$ ). BLRO has been also slowly dropping (some offers at 17K$) but is still higher than BLNR .

dori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 12:15 AM   #21
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
Fire sale
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 01:47 AM   #22
ganagati
"TRF" Member

I’ve been noticing more and more price reductions on WatchRecon in contrast to the price increases that were happening a few months ago.
ganagati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 01:57 AM   #23
Cloudchaser
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watching
Having tracked prices very carefully, I can write confidently that prices have returned to, roughly, what they were about one year ago. FWIW.
Cloudchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 01:59 AM   #24
moneymike83
Banned

Watch: Sd43
The demands still high. Depends on condition.

moneymike83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 02:02 AM   #25
Daveclock
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing and waiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori View Post
We all know you own a grey market BLNR. So I know it hurts ya little hole, but yes man, prices on new BLNR are soft as they’ve ever been right now (check chrono24 offers from 14.6K$ ). BLRO has been also slowly dropping (some offers at 17K$) but is still higher than BLNR .

I'm just wondering where is the location of the "little hole" - but think it is probably best I don't overthink it, and certainly not do a Google search....
Daveclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 02:06 AM   #26
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudchaser View Post
Having tracked prices very carefully, I can write confidently that prices have returned to, roughly, what they were about one year ago. FWIW.

Agree and do not consider it a bursting of the bubble. Especially when you factor in the loss of demand from Hong Kong.

Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 02:08 AM   #27
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
I’m a buyer at $9700...

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 02:09 AM   #28
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by akilis View Post
I have notice that the older batman is nearly 13k, was over 15.5k
batgilr under 15k, pepsi is around 16.5 now.

Even if those prices are possible, that is still WAY over list
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 02:25 AM   #29
cbalster
"TRF" Member

USA overnight funding market stress as evidenced by recent FOMC repo market operations is going to affect the ability of grey dealers to finance inventory for extended periods of time and they will have to cut balance sheet i.e. cut prices and move inventory = falling grey markets on the SS. i just made that up, but hey it might end up being true too. i do agree prices are down.
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 02:28 AM   #30
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
USA overnight funding market stress as evidenced by recent FOMC repo market operations is going to affect the ability of grey dealers to finance inventory for extended periods of time and they will have to cut balance sheet i.e. cut prices and move inventory = falling grey markets on the SS. i just made that up, but hey it might end up being true too. i do agree prices are down.

LOL!!!! I was halfway through reading your post and thinking this guy is full of BS. hahaha
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote