The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 November 2023, 11:24 AM   #1
MrRugged
"TRF" Member

Average wait time for Air King at AD

Some modest jewelry spend at an AD and wondering what the average wait time for an Air King might be. Registered interest about a month or so ago but wondering with prices coming down, if it’d just be easier going grey. Hate the games and noticed that they had an exhibition piece that is mysteriously gone after my last visit. I asked about the exhibition pieces being for sale and got a vague response.
MrRugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 11:40 AM   #2
Njkdog
Banned

Watch: Speedy reduced
If you go to a handful of ads I’d say within a month one will call. They’re selling preowned around list
Njkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 11:43 AM   #3
43Airking
"TRF" Member

Watch: Next one

Took me 8 months - July 2022 - February 2023. New relationship started in July - about $2000 of other purchases from July forward. Necklace for my wife. The delivery process was a blast and I love the watch. Well worth it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
43Airking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 11:51 AM   #4
rohada
"TRF" Member

I've already seen these out the door NIB from the secondary market for at or sub MSRP (when you factor in the tax). If you can avoid the tax and get shipping included, I'd investigate this route. It may not be crazy money difference, but worth a look. Good luck to you.
Old 21 November 2023, 11:59 AM   #5
MrRugged
"TRF" Member

I feel like it should only take a few months but might go grey. Have some earrings and necklace for the wife so was hoping the AD would come through.
MrRugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 12:36 PM   #6
Kreyzhorse
"TRF" Member

Watch: "05" Air-King
Yes.... going gray would be easier and likely cheaper than buying stuff you don't want to build a relationship.
Kreyzhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 12:59 PM   #7
joe8
"TRF" Member

I’ve been on two wait lists for about a month and a half now, in Southern California. The 2nd AD I went to said that it was just a matter of one showing up, which I took as “you’re the only one on our wait list”. Let’s see though, I’m hoping to get a call from one of the two ADs before Christmas.
joe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 01:35 PM   #8
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Probably a few months tops, depending on your market. Might be worth going grey as many have stated considering it's not far from retail + tax.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2023, 12:27 AM   #9
Njkdog
Banned

Watch: Speedy reduced
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
I’ve been on two wait lists for about a month and a half now, in Southern California. The 2nd AD I went to said that it was just a matter of one showing up, which I took as “you’re the only one on our wait list”. Let’s see though, I’m hoping to get a call from one of the two ADs before Christmas.
This is the thing, some ADs just don’t get inventory, and some don’t get particular pieces. And some for whatever reason won’t put you on the list. Whether they forget, or you did some thing specific that they didn’t like.
That’s why I would put my name on a handful.
I am not waiting for a piece, but I do have a friend that works at the local AD, so I do ask him which pieces come in. And some pieces they just don’t get even though they seem like common pieces.
Njkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2023, 06:29 AM   #10
jernigan78
"TRF" Member

Waited one week... Went in to express my interest on the new AK. Talked watches with the salesman, who was actually very nice. He even gave me the new catalog. Emailed him several days later to thank him for his time. A couple days later I got a text from him saying that he had an AK set aside for me. I have had many other Rolex watches in the past (was actually wearing my Sea-Dweller when I went in), but this was my first purchase directly from any AD. I also mentioned the SA that I wanted to try and get the new AK to celebrate my 45th Bday, which was only a couple months away. Not sure if that helped at all. Overall it was a very nice experience.
jernigan78 is offline   Reply With Quote